Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: NH inspection

Vehicles
      nothing running
      09-28-2012 08:33 PM #1
      Hi everybody,

I am currently in the process of registering my car in NH, around the lake regions. I don't have any emmisions in the car right now. The ecu was written to be not supported. The car is a built 1.8t with air ride, 35R, and a 3in full exhaust. I don't want to waste my time registering the car in NH If I will not pass so I looking for inspection advise from people who live there and mod their cars there.

Thanks Tim
      The Certain People

We Are All Whores Just Some Of Us Get Paid

Vehicles
      08 Rabbit 2.5, 14 Escape 2.0 awd
      09-28-2012 11:49 PM #2
      Will it pass readiness? That is what the sate computers look for if you got vag-com check it with that first, not sure how your tune deals with that stuff. If that is ok then you just need a shop to look the other way on everything else. I don't believe air ride is legal in NH and the exhaust not sure the ruling on that. Anyways I think there are a few people on here that do NH inspections so they may chime in.

Vehicles
      09-30-2012 08:47 AM #3
      Well, if the guy down the street can register a 2006 Ford Codsworth from England in NH, and we live in CT, I dont see any problems. Remeber to them its live free or die.

Vehicles
      91 mk2 gti 16v, 94 Jetta VR, 02 Trailblazer
      09-30-2012 01:29 PM #4
      I am a NH inspector. If you contiplating it i wouldnt bother. Suspension mods i was told were legal as long as it was manufactured for the car its on. If it passes emmisions with the exhaust with the inspector not noticing the exhaust i would worry. Cant have window tint either. At least the front windows or windshield. Rest is 35%. Like someone said if a vag com can set the monitors and looks the other way

Vehicles
      nothing running
      09-30-2012 08:38 PM #5
      all i need is someone to look the other way about the exhaust and the and suspension. It will pass any regular scan but in mass cars have to show supported and mine does not show supported. and the car has no check engine lights
      The Certain People

We Are All Whores Just Some Of Us Get Paid

Vehicles
      Marc fo-whore errrr tirty-duce, and the "Death Box" daily aka 98 Tahoe LT
      10-01-2012 08:36 AM #6
      i'm in the same boat with my .:R. But i am only worried about the tint... Does anyone know anyone that will look the other way on the tint?
      Sent From My iWorkcomputer

10-05-2012 12:38 PM #7
      Air ride isn't legal in NH, and the exhaust can't be 'straight through'... like if you can drop a golf ball through it, it won't pass.

Vehicles
      91 Audi 200q, B5 20V fwd wagon.
      10-07-2012 10:43 PM #8
      Just avoid the bigger places that do inspections. Try to go to the mom and pop type places. In some cases you can throw the guy doing the inspection a few extra bucks to look the other way. Or just ask before hand, most of em don't care as long as all the computer stuff passes. Where in the lakes region are you? I may know a few people.

10-10-2012 12:38 PM #9
      You need to actually be careful of the Mom and Pop places, where you are offering the guy who owns the place a few extra bucks. FYI, usually your "few bucks" isn't worth the $10,000 fine if he's caught (by a cop who pulls you over then goes looking for him), and the loss of business from the loss of his State Inspection machine (even if it is only temporary). Yes, it does happen.

I've found the quicky lube guys miss the most stuff, and care the least

10. Member
      Vehicles
      92 bucketVR 03variantYAWN
      10-10-2012 09:11 PM #10
      sell it

Vehicles
      MkIV VRT
      10-11-2012 09:47 AM #11
      A 2" exhaust tip can be used to quiet it down just for the inspection day, just an idea

Vehicles
      2011 SWP WRX
      10-11-2012 05:30 PM #12
      Is it me or does anyone else think Dr. Nick from the Simpson cause Tim said "hi everybody".

Sent from my iPhone 8 using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      98' Prelude ~500whp/26psi
      10-24-2012 12:12 PM #13
      Pretty sure the only requirement for exhaust is to retain the cat (pretty easy to fake with an o2 spacer on some cars) and the muffler must have baffles or not be 'straight through' some shops can be bitchy about suspension if it's below a certain height but thats something that is easier to get around than the computer thing.

Thats always my issue (OBD2 check) because in honda's to run stand alone management you have to run an OBD1 ECU

10-24-2012 01:07 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by Looker View Post
      Pretty sure the only requirement for exhaust is to retain the cat (pretty easy to fake with an o2 spacer on some cars) and the muffler must have baffles or not be 'straight through' some shops can be bitchy about suspension if it's below a certain height but thats something that is easier to get around than the computer thing.

Thats always my issue (OBD2 check) because in honda's to run stand alone management you have to run an OBD1 ECU
      you dumb hicks actually get inspections?

Vehicles
      98' Prelude ~500whp/26psi
      10-24-2012 02:27 PM #15
      Unfortunately yes,

At one point I was going to have my car registered by a friend in florida to avoid that whole mess. In Florida once it's registered, you can re-reg without ever setting foot in a building and there is no inspection at all so window tint, ride height, exhaust, OBD* doesn't matter. The only problem with Florida you have to worry about crazed flesh eaters...

16. 10-24-2012 03:13 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by BigTimBigTurbo View Post
      Hi everybody,

I am currently in the process of registering my car in NH, around the lake regions. I don't have any emmisions in the car right now. The ecu was written to be not supported. The car is a built 1.8t with air ride, 35R, and a 3in full exhaust. I don't want to waste my time registering the car in NH If I will not pass so I looking for inspection advise from people who live there and mod their cars there.

Thanks Tim
      ride it dirty pu$$y
      TDI | GTI | FLHXI | PVW 02/09