How much you want for it? Nice car
1985 Volkswagen Golf GTI 8v for sale.
This is a 2 owner car in really good condition. The first owner was a car enthusiast and owned the car for 22 years. I've had it for the past 5 years. The car is really a lot of fun to drive, as it's SO light (2,000 lbs) and nimble. I don't find myself driving it all that often any more, hence the sale.
Everything on the car is original and in excellent working condition. Read all of the description below, as I go over everything that is not perfect.
1985 - A2 generation Golf GTI.
- 142,120 miles
- 5sp manual transmission
- 8v engine
- has a working sunroof
- has A/C system (however, it's currently discharged and will need attention - finding a leak and charging it up).
- OEM GTI wheels with BFGoodrich T/A (worn)
- American Racing wheels with Bridgestone RE71 (street tires)
- original VW roof rack
Pictures speak for themselves, so please take a look at all 70 posted under photobucket link below.
- Only 2 responsible adult owners.
- Condition. It is UNMOLESTED and all original in AWESOME condition for its age.
- Front has been replaced with the "Euro" grille and round headlamps.
- Barely any surface rust on the undercarriage or body (only in a couple of spots where sheetmetal is damaged/exposed - all shown in pictures).
- 2 sets of wheels/tires. Original GTI wheels with BFGoodrich T/A racing slicks (were used for autocross competitions by previous owner. I wouldn't put any value into the tires, as they've sat for a number of years). Daily driving set is American Racing wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71 (good tread).
- Original VW roof rack.
- some time ago, the car was parked outside and a tree branch fell on top of it, denting the rear hatch and the roof a little. The roof dents are small and more like "creases" in the metal from the roof popping in and out when the branch was removed. Rear hatch will need work to restore it to perfect (see pics). The damage is just cosmetic, nothing structural was affected, no glass breakage, etc.
- there are 2 spots where the cloth is torn/worn on the driver seat (from entry/egress) - see pics. Otherwise, the interior is all original and PERFECT.
- the A/C has a leak somewhere (my guess is that the seals have dried out over the years. It will lose pressure after some time). I've looked at online parts kits and it looks like $50 for gaskets, etc to renew the system.
- Auxiliary driving lights (middle lights in the grille) are currently disconnected. They do operate, but have a short somewhere in wiring, so I disconnected them at the switch on the dash.
- Driver side rain gutter/drip rail rubber has cracked and deteriorated a bit in 2 spots. I have picked up a replacement set of both (left and right sides) of rain gutters and they are included with the car, along with an extra set of plastic clips to mount them in (as the clips will usually break when taking the rails out).
I cannot emphasize the condition of the car. Hope the pictures relay it appropriately.
I have a clear TX title and inspection is valid until March 2013. I'm located in Southwest Austin (78745).
Asking price: $3,000.
Let me know if there are any questions, etc.
A couple teaser pics, see all 70 full size pics at the link below.
Last edited by nimaxpro; 10-02-2012 at 07:26 PM.