- 1995 Passat GLX VR6 wagon
- green with tan leathers
- just rolled 107k
- relocated IAT
- raised motor to clear sub-frame
- FK coilovers
- strait-piped 2.5" exhaust, Dynamax muffler
- Kenwood cd player (only a few months old)
- 1400w Audiobahn amp
- teal and black plaid interior wrap (headliner, pillars; working on getting the hatch panel done)
- brakes and tires were done right at 100k
- crack pipe/t-stat housing
- runs and drives butter smooth; no smoke, leaks, stuttering, etc.
- paint damage on fender lips from a quickie roll n' pull (PO)
- 17 years of scratches and chips in the paint
- a couple of dimples in the body, but no dents
- after Hurricane Debbie rolled through, some of the clear started to peel on the back driver's sider door. Also happened to my gf's car, and after calling it into our insurance, found out a lot of people all over FL had the same issue. They debunkt us though, said our cars were too old (Direct Insurance)
- interior could use a good cleaning. I'll probably have this taken care of soon though.
- gauge cluster sometimes acts a bit wonky
That's pretty much it. I bought the car back in April from a local and long time member here. I originally bought it for the space because I had car parts to take to my paint guy, but just never got around to it, and now I find myself wanting a Mk3 very badly. Mechanically, this car has been good to me, never left me stranded or anything like that. I did have a few of the typical VW things go wrong, like door handles and such. So far, I've replaced all the broken door handles, the hatch latch, the plastic visor clips, and the sunroof motor cover. Like stated, the cluster sometimes acts funny, where the needles won't work. I just give the dash a little slap, and it works fine. The only reason I didn't replace it was to retain the true mileage of the car, rather than play the math game and worry about people thinking I'm bull****ting them since I'm pretty much a noob here.
No, the chains/guides/tensioners/water pump haven't been done yet. There is a little chain noise going on, so it's in the cards to be done. I just need to coordinate with a friend to get it done.
I'm asking 3500, but flexible. The only trade I'm now looking for is if you happen to have a Golf Harlequin in good shape. Of course, cash would be included on my end, per the condition of your clown car, but ideally, I'm looking for one in good running shape with a manageable body. I don't need two projects.
I have a ton of pics on my Facebook. I'll just link it here, make it much easier. I'm also debating texture-topping the bumpers and door moldings. The reason I never tried to get it repainted.. from what I've read on here, no one seems to like these in green. I figured the next owner can get it painted whatever color they wanted, rather than me waste the money redoing it green and no one liking it.