Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: APR Program 1=10psi Program 2=~14 psi on 225

1. Member
      09-29-2012 05:41 PM #1
      Not sure if this is normal. Bought a boost guage to confirm. Car just feels slower. So i bought a APR TIP. No help. I bought a new Bosch DV not help. Today i reinstalled the turbo outlet pipe and torqued the hell off the clamps.... I logged it with vagcom and even requested boost matches actual. I hought APR is around 20psi in 4th gear at WOT...could i have an old program.

APR wants 150 before they will confirm my car has a APR tune...i thought they had the vin of all their tuned cars...so much for their customer srrvice.

Basically im stuck and out of ideas what do u think?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 Audi 180Q Aviator Gray
      09-30-2012 12:16 AM #2
      Do NOT pay APR $150 to confirm ou have their tune. That's stupid as hell. Check all of the lines around your engine for anything disconnected, broken, or leaking. Sounds like a oost leak. Check your PCV and EVAP systems.

Good luck
      Sex should be like a Civic; slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2003 Audi TT
      09-30-2012 01:19 PM #3
      Are you serious? They want $150? That is ridiculous. In the market for a chip, definitely will not be going to them.

Vehicles
      2001 Audi TT 225hp, 2003 Audi TT 180hp
      09-30-2012 02:05 PM #4
      Talk with Arin he's here on Vortex. Hes been super helpful with my APR Stage 3+ car
      Also haven't had any problems getting help from them through a phone.
      Try calling them again, and just ask them what program you have because your not sure.
      2001 225Q (Function Car): APR Stage 3+, APR 3' Exhaust System, Brembo Brakes, Koni Suspension
      2003 180 (Form Car): Rokkor Coilovers,Custom Front Single Frame Bumper with A8 Grill Votex Sideskirts, Votex Rearlip, Axis Penta 19' Wheels, 2 Rockford Fosgate 15' Subwoofers

Vehicles
      2000 audi tt 180q
      09-30-2012 04:33 PM #5
      i had a problem with my apr chipped car i called them and they told me they couldnt even tell me over the phone.. take it to a apr dealer and they can hookit up for nothing and tell you. and while your at it have vtunes enabled its free. did you pay to have it chipped? or buy it that way... if i am not mistaked 14psi is stock on the 225. sounds like you may have a 180 program in it. a 180 is 10psi stock. also ill say it get a aftermarket dv.... the stock one will rip apart.. i tru a new one on last week to see if my dv was crap.. it poped as soon as i hit 20 psi.... alsi tink about re routing the vacumline on top of the dv from a diff location.. the n249 valve was severely limiting my boost to the tune of dumping it to 10 psi or 15 psi....
      infinity front,votex rear,st coilovers,eurodyne tapp 1000cc tuned,hks ssq bov, pte 5857 pagparts turbo kit with 38mm tial wastegate. spec stage 3, custom intake, bbm fuel rail, modded 225 exhaust,ecs bleeder block,mbc,fmic,bfi mounts,cm flywheel,front mount interccoler

6. Member
      10-02-2012 09:30 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by 1fast2liter View Post
      i had a problem with my apr chipped car i called them and they told me they couldnt even tell me over the phone.. take it to a apr dealer and they can hookit up for nothing and tell you. and while your at it have vtunes enabled its free. did you pay to have it chipped? or buy it that way... if i am not mistaked 14psi is stock on the 225. sounds like you may have a 180 program in it. a 180 is 10psi stock. also ill say it get a aftermarket dv.... the stock one will rip apart.. i tru a new one on last week to see if my dv was crap.. it poped as soon as i hit 20 psi.... alsi tink about re routing the vacumline on top of the dv from a diff location.. the n249 valve was severely limiting my boost to the tune of dumping it to 10 psi or 15 psi....
      I got the same run around from APR, "take it to a dealer". I really don't mind paying $150 if there is some benefit to me, is there really an upgrade even available, seems like they are asking for a handout, what exactly do I get for $150

I may be the sucker for you guys though, if the $150 fixes my problem, like someone said maybe they accidentally put a 180 program on my 225 (doubtful), first I'm ordering a boost leak tester though. If I pay $150 and they tell me sorry you don't have an APR chip I'm going to throw a cement block through their dealer's window. I bought the car because the seller said it had an APR chip and after driving it, the violent boost after 3k made me believe him, no way it was stock.

I just read about the vtunes that you said is included if I go to the APR dealer.... I suppose I will pay the $150 for that, I don't have the cash right now but maybe in a month or two I will report back my experience with the APR dealer and what you get for the $150 "transfer fee"

Vtune: http://www.goapr.com/products/vtune.html
      Last edited by toy4two2; 10-02-2012 at 09:41 PM.

7. 10-03-2012 01:01 AM #7
      Turbo may be on ts last leg, how many miles?
      90 Corrado 222 whp (sold) , 95 Rolling Stones (Germany, sold), 07 GTI, German tuned, 170 GPS mph, Nurburgring BEAST , 96 A6 Avant (Germany 200 PS, 260 kph) , 93 Passat Combi (German F-150), 96 Passat Combi, VR6, euro spec, 240 kph, 89 Cabriolet (Germany, FUN), 01 TT, baseball, Quattro, 225 hp, 45K in 01, 9.3K in 12, owned by 40+ Year old woman, never chipped, still has paper air filter box, always garaged

8. Member
      10-03-2012 12:59 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by hitmanhite View Post
      Turbo may be on ts last leg, how many miles?
      84,000 miles. I don't see smoke out the exhaust or hear any grinding noises. I do consume some oil....