Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Results 1 to 35 of 71

    Thread: Nba 2k13

    1. Member SumOldGuy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 1st, 2006
      Location
      Centerville, GA
      Posts
      2,731
      Vehicles
      1991 8v GTi, and a damn Jon Boat.
      09-29-2012 06:56 PM #1
      Guess I want to get this started by one of us who actually play NBA 2k frequently. I am pretty sure I'll get it, but right now I'm trying NOT TO. Trying to convince myself that I don't need it...
      I SWEAR, this is the LAST time I fix anything on this dadgum MK2 !!

    2. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 23rd, 2012
      Location
      Memphis
      Posts
      40
      Vehicles
      07 Audi A3 S-line 06 Bmw 325i And In the market for a B5 S4 or B6 A4
      09-29-2012 09:54 PM #2
      They added the dream team so i think Im going to pick it up

    3. 09-30-2012 02:15 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by SumOldGuy View Post
      Guess I want to get this started by one of us who actually play NBA 2k frequently. I am pretty sure I'll get it, but right now I'm trying NOT TO. Trying to convince myself that I don't need it...
      Why would you try to talk yourself out of it?

      I will be heading to the store on Tuesday and picking it up after work. I've heard the shooting is different this year because the right joy stick is used for dribbling moves and player specific moves. You then have to hit left trigger button to initialize the shot the joystick. Should be interesting.

      You will also be able to play as a Celebrity team headlined by Beiber which I will probably never use. Allen Iverson's 2000 76er's are on it as well amd I will definitely use them. With that said, it'll be interesting to see what other teams they have included.

    4. Member SumOldGuy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 1st, 2006
      Location
      Centerville, GA
      Posts
      2,731
      Vehicles
      1991 8v GTi, and a damn Jon Boat.
      09-30-2012 11:44 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Caster Troy View Post
      Why would you try to talk yourself out of it?

      I will be heading to the store on Tuesday and picking it up after work. I've heard the shooting is different this year because the right joy stick is used for dribbling moves and player specific moves. You then have to hit left trigger button to initialize the shot the joystick. Should be interesting.

      You will also be able to play as a Celebrity team headlined by Beiber which I will probably never use. Allen Iverson's 2000 76er's are on it as well amd I will definitely use them. With that said, it'll be interesting to see what other teams they have included.
      Sarcasm.

      I haven't read anything about it yet. I'm gonna wait until I check out the demo. That dribble/shot stick thing does sound pretty damn interesting. I like it already.
      I SWEAR, this is the LAST time I fix anything on this dadgum MK2 !!

    5. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 23rd, 2012
      Location
      Memphis
      Posts
      40
      Vehicles
      07 Audi A3 S-line 06 Bmw 325i And In the market for a B5 S4 or B6 A4
      09-30-2012 08:41 PM #5
      Bieber is a reason to not buy the game now.

    6. Member SumOldGuy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 1st, 2006
      Location
      Centerville, GA
      Posts
      2,731
      Vehicles
      1991 8v GTi, and a damn Jon Boat.
      10-01-2012 07:51 AM #6
      Played the demo last night. The right stick deal is gonna have to grow on me. I won't be buying this one right away, since I dusted off my 2k12, and subsequently lost in the Finals to Chicago 4-2. Friggin coach and his substitutions! Only my second season, so I should win it all next season.
      I SWEAR, this is the LAST time I fix anything on this dadgum MK2 !!

    7. 10-01-2012 01:14 PM #7
      I pre-ordered this a couple months back, the last several have been great so its one I plan on buying annually. I wasn't to excited with the demo, but I'm not sure how representative of the game it is, and I didn't do much with any of the new controls. I'm sure MyPlayer will suck up the majority of my time as it has in the last couple versions but I'd also be interested in an online league if there are any interesting options and folks here that would be up for it once everyone gets a chance to check out what's available.

    8. Member venom600's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 8th, 2002
      Location
      Claremont, CA
      Posts
      9,611
      Vehicles
      2007 VW GLI Fahrenheit
      10-01-2012 06:22 PM #8
      I'm trying to hold off on buying it, mainly because I know it'll be half off on Black Friday and I'll be kicking myself. But I'm dying to play it!

    9. 10-01-2012 09:19 PM #9
      I heard the shooting scheme is totally different. Has anyone else heard of this?

    10. Member eddie291's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 16th, 2007
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      3,576
      Vehicles
      '14 BMW M235i
      10-01-2012 10:19 PM #10
      FYI, you can swap back to the now old style controls in the full game if you're feeling uncomfortable with the new controls.

      I don't wanna give up on the new controls yet. It's going to take a while to get used to them though. Having to use LT is a major, major change for me.

      Quote Originally Posted by Jlin05 View Post
      Bieber is a reason to not buy the game now.
      Anyone else just not care about this? I mean, yeah, it's silly to see him(or really any non-basketball celebrity) in the game, but I honestly couldn't care less.
      Previously in Eddie's garage:
      '07 VW GTI DSG
      '10 Nissan 370Z 6MT

    11. 10-01-2012 11:08 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by eddie291 View Post



      Anyone else just not care about this? I mean, yeah, it's silly to see him(or really any non-basketball celebrity) in the game, but I honestly couldn't care less.
      I'm with you and couldn't care less if the Bieb's is on the game. I won't use him, unless there's someone else fun as hell on his team. And if I use his team, I'll just bench him. I'm definitely gonna use the new set up and get used to it because there could be a lot of benefits to it. But if it pisses me off and all else fails, I have no problem going back to the old set up.

      Sum old guy, I lost 4-2 in the first round of the playoffs of my association because D. Rose was coming off of being on the injured reserve list for 4 weeks with a broken wrist. After losing game 1, I never got back home court advantage and it killed me. Rose won the MVP during the regular season and with 16 games left broke his wrist which made me go fro #2 in the East to #4. He had limited time in game 1 and 2 and it definitely hurt.

      At least I went back to back in My Player mode.

    12. Member SumOldGuy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 1st, 2006
      Location
      Centerville, GA
      Posts
      2,731
      Vehicles
      1991 8v GTi, and a damn Jon Boat.
      10-02-2012 10:55 AM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by eddie291 View Post
      FYI, you can swap back to the now old style controls in the full game if you're feeling uncomfortable with the new controls.

      I don't wanna give up on the new controls yet. It's going to take a while to get used to them though. Having to use LT is a major, major change for me.



      Anyone else just not care about this? I mean, yeah, it's silly to see him(or really any non-basketball celebrity) in the game, but I honestly couldn't care less.
      I was really hoping to hear that. May pick it up today. Got a lot on my plate today. May not even touch my Xbox today.

      Quote Originally Posted by Caster Troy View Post
      I'm with you and couldn't care less if the Bieb's is on the game. I won't use him, unless there's someone else fun as hell on his team. And if I use his team, I'll just bench him. I'm definitely gonna use the new set up and get used to it because there could be a lot of benefits to it. But if it pisses me off and all else fails, I have no problem going back to the old set up.

      Sum old guy, I lost 4-2 in the first round of the playoffs of my association because D. Rose was coming off of being on the injured reserve list for 4 weeks with a broken wrist. After losing game 1, I never got back home court advantage and it killed me. Rose won the MVP during the regular season and with 16 games left broke his wrist which made me go fro #2 in the East to #4. He had limited time in game 1 and 2 and it definitely hurt.

      At least I went back to back in My Player mode.
      I think I would do a lot better in Association, too. After I built up MyPlayer, I never went back to Association.

      When I lost to D Rose in the Finals, somehow he inherited the old "If-Jordan-Gets-Touched-Automatic-Foul" rule. I was handling him pretty well for the las two games, though. Of course, I had to battle my coaches crappy substitutions.
      I SWEAR, this is the LAST time I fix anything on this dadgum MK2 !!

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 29th, 2012
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      957
      Vehicles
      '03 Jetta Wolfsburg Edition (Sold), '95 VW Cabrio (Under Construction)
      10-02-2012 03:08 PM #13
      I got it today and just started a MyCareer (3PT PG) I like it. It takes some getting used to with the new controls, but it's not too terribly difficult. CPU seems too good though. Nobody misses runners or floaters it's pretty crazy how easy they get them off too. Players move really fluidly almost as if they were real players! (Shocking, I know). Definitely no shot clock cheese like last year's game.
      instagram: @nardoaj
      Peace, Love, V-Dub

    14. Member Ryan D's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 24th, 2007
      Location
      Corona, CA
      Posts
      6,707
      Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      10-02-2012 03:35 PM #14
      I won't be picking this up. I still play NBA2K11 from time to time.

    15. Member SumOldGuy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 1st, 2006
      Location
      Centerville, GA
      Posts
      2,731
      Vehicles
      1991 8v GTi, and a damn Jon Boat.
      10-02-2012 06:02 PM #15
      So, there I was, right? Minding my own bitness in the video game section of Walmart, right? So, uh, you know, I turn my back, right? And uh, you know, some dude with a ski-mask and a Popeye tattoo puts a gun to my head, right? And he says, uh, you know, "Dude, buy that friggin NBA 2K13, take it home, and ENJOY YO SELF FOOL!"

      So, here I am, scared out of my mind because I was FORCED to buy NBA 2K13 today. But hey, I'm gonna play it. Not because I want to, but because I was forced to.

      (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

      I SWEAR, this is the LAST time I fix anything on this dadgum MK2 !!

    16. Member SumOldGuy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 1st, 2006
      Location
      Centerville, GA
      Posts
      2,731
      Vehicles
      1991 8v GTi, and a damn Jon Boat.
      10-02-2012 09:45 PM #16
      It's official. I am diggin it

      Trying to get used to the "MyTeam" now. Not really diggin that at the moment.

      I really like using the Right stick for dribble moves, and then using the X button for most of my shots. Since I'm old as dirt, whenever I have time to THINK about the type of shot I want to make, I will use the LT+RS thing. In 2k12, I kinda did the same thing: I only used the shot stick whenever I wanted to make a particular type of shot.

      Gonna put in another hour or so, then it's on to bigger and better things for the rest of the night. *cough*beer*cough*
      I SWEAR, this is the LAST time I fix anything on this dadgum MK2 !!

    17. Member eddie291's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 16th, 2007
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      3,576
      Vehicles
      '14 BMW M235i
      10-03-2012 02:27 AM #17
      Is Jay-Z actually in the game? I was playing an online game against BK, and would've sworn I saw a dude sitting courtside near the Nets' bench that looks just like him.
      Previously in Eddie's garage:
      '07 VW GTI DSG
      '10 Nissan 370Z 6MT

    18. 10-03-2012 01:00 PM #18
      I unwrapped mine yesterday and gave it an hour or so. I started up MyPlayer/MyCareer and it looks to have a pretty decent update. I'm a 6'10 PF (drafted 9th overall by the Pistons) I'm big white slow and terrible at the moment as it goes at the beginning.

      Not sure I'm a huge fan of the new coin or whatever system as skill points - the different currency doesn't matter, but I don't like that every time you update an attribute it has to connect to the 2K server for some reason - makes a quick/easy task a bit time consuming.

      I'm not in love with the new presentation yet either, its a little over the top artsy to me rather than mirroring the NBA TV presentation style, but I guess this is what it would look like if Jay-Z had a TV station and some NBA rights? The game goes out of its way to be realistic but then wraps all the score boxes and in-game stats with gold trim and tribal art backgrounds .......... maybe you can change it in the settings - either way; doesn't really take away from the game.

      Play seems smoother and the players seem to get a little less 'stuck' on eachother, but I've played maybe 20 minutes of actual game time so its hard to say.

      Either way, looks like another nice update and a better game over last year once again from my small sampling thus far.

      There is an online association mode - anyone have any interest in maybe a fantasy draft online association?

    19. Senior Member SAPJetta's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 3rd, 2001
      Location
      East Bay, CA
      Posts
      27,022
      Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit S(low), 2012 Outback 2.5 Premium
      10-03-2012 03:47 PM #19
      Been playing 2k12 lately. Think I'll just stick with it for awhile.
      Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

    20. 10-04-2012 11:41 AM #20
      I've had the game since Sunday and I still haven't opened it. I've been too busy. My question is to all who have played it, should I open it? Is it worth playing it? Is it much different than 2K11? Is the shooting scheme a lot different? If so, in a positive or negative way? What do you like and dislike about the game? Thanks for your input.

    21. Member SumOldGuy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 1st, 2006
      Location
      Centerville, GA
      Posts
      2,731
      Vehicles
      1991 8v GTi, and a damn Jon Boat.
      10-04-2012 04:18 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by EvoJetta View Post
      I've had the game since Sunday and I still haven't opened it. I've been too busy. My question is to all who have played it, should I open it? Is it worth playing it? Is it much different than 2K11? Is the shooting scheme a lot different? If so, in a positive or negative way? What do you like and dislike about the game? Thanks for your input.
      The BIGGEST thing I like about this one (although it could have been included via patch for 2k12) is that you no longer get STUCK on the closest player on the other team whenever you try to move around half court. MAN I HATED THAT IN 2K12!! it was like, if you barely touched someone, it took a few minutes to get untangled. It's a LOT BETTER now.

      I am getting used to this one now. Finally getting the dribbling down. Not bad not bad not bad.

      Sometimes, though, the player movements are so fluid that it's hard to gauge where the guy you are guarding is gonna go (or your teammate). I kinda like that.

      WHY O WHY does 2K always have the issue with displaying PLAYS whenever they release this friggin game? Geez.... Every year its the same damn thing....
      I SWEAR, this is the LAST time I fix anything on this dadgum MK2 !!

    22. Member dorifto's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 22nd, 2003
      Location
      L.A.
      Posts
      2,343
      Vehicles
      2007 VW Passat Wagon 2.0t
      10-05-2012 01:27 PM #22
      im thinking about picking up this game, but im currently caught up in myplayer for 2k11. im about 60 games into the season, and living the dream by being the starting PG for the lakers (traded from the wizards). not sure if i should just abandon it and start over on 2k13....so how is the myplayer part of this game?

      Quote Originally Posted by SumOldGuy View Post
      WHY O WHY does 2K always have the issue with displaying PLAYS whenever they release this friggin game? Geez.... Every year its the same damn thing....
      same thing with their game settings being saved, particularly the timeout and substitutions always going back to 'auto' after every game. have they fixed that yet?
      bazinga!

      psn: dorifto13

    23. 10-05-2012 03:28 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by SumOldGuy View Post
      The BIGGEST thing I like about this one (although it could have been included via patch for 2k12) is that you no longer get STUCK on the closest player on the other team whenever you try to move around half court. MAN I HATED THAT IN 2K12!! it was like, if you barely touched someone, it took a few minutes to get untangled. It's a LOT BETTER now.

      I am getting used to this one now. Finally getting the dribbling down. Not bad not bad not bad.

      Sometimes, though, the player movements are so fluid that it's hard to gauge where the guy you are guarding is gonna go (or your teammate). I kinda like that.

      WHY O WHY does 2K always have the issue with displaying PLAYS whenever they release this friggin game? Geez.... Every year its the same damn thing....
      Thanks for your input.

      I actually opened the game last night after watching my Rams destroy the Cardinals.

      I only played it for about 5 minutes then off to bed I went. I did the practice mode. It seemed pretty much the same thing, but then again I did not play against anyone. I really hope it's a lot smoother than 2k12. In 2k12 the men used to move to robotic (hated that). Also the pace of the game in 2k12 was to slow. I 2ope they fixed that in 2k13.

      Hopefully I'll have some time tonight to actually play a game.

    24. Member SumOldGuy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 1st, 2006
      Location
      Centerville, GA
      Posts
      2,731
      Vehicles
      1991 8v GTi, and a damn Jon Boat.
      10-05-2012 04:16 PM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by EvoJetta View Post
      Thanks for your input.

      I actually opened the game last night after watching my Rams destroy the Cardinals.

      I only played it for about 5 minutes then off to bed I went. I did the practice mode. It seemed pretty much the same thing, but then again I did not play against anyone. I really hope it's a lot smoother than 2k12. In 2k12 the men used to move to robotic (hated that). Also the pace of the game in 2k12 was to slow. I 2ope they fixed that in 2k13.

      Hopefully I'll have some time tonight to actually play a game.

      Dude, the roboticism is gone. Pretty damn cool how they move now. Even after a "no call", the players on your team that are known for having a temper will jump up and holler at the ref!

      Oh yeah, one thing I noticed last night was the commentators will comment on your answers from the Post Game press conference! Man, they clowned me pretty bad when I gave a BS response.
      Last edited by SumOldGuy; 10-05-2012 at 04:19 PM.
      I SWEAR, this is the LAST time I fix anything on this dadgum MK2 !!

    25. 10-08-2012 12:33 PM #25
      Best improvement I think so far is the passing. 2k12 bothered me cause sometimes it would pass to a different player than I was even aiming at. In 2k13, it's a lot easier to pass to the correct person and I like the bounce pass option too. I do think it's a hell of a lot harder to steal in '13 but it's also harder to on ball foul when you reach unless you do it 3-4 times in a row. Shooting and the controls aren't that much different. I still use the stick but every now and then I get mad cause I forget to hit LT on a wide open shot and it takes to long to get the shot off. I also really like the fact that the AI is smarter and when I'm driving to the basket they will cut for an open layup or they will spot up on the perimeter with their hand up signaling they're ready to shoot. As always, I'm diggin the new game.
      Last edited by Caster Troy; 10-08-2012 at 12:39 PM.

    26. 10-08-2012 02:35 PM #26
      I'm a lil bothered by the fact Jay Z is in the intro. He is a partial owner, but I have never seen dude hoop a day in his life and instead of concert footage they should just focus on basketball. I also thought the game would have had a better soundtrack cause of Jay's influence, but it's not necessarily a "bad" soundtrack. MyCareer mode seems a lot harder in the new game and even though I did well in the showcase game I'm still barely getting any run at all. I chose Team Jordan over Nike and I'm playing as an all around point guard. I don't like how they have "simulate to next key game" over "play next game" cause I accidentily hit it and it simmed 9-10 games.

    27. Member SumOldGuy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 1st, 2006
      Location
      Centerville, GA
      Posts
      2,731
      Vehicles
      1991 8v GTi, and a damn Jon Boat.
      10-08-2012 04:34 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by Caster Troy View Post
      I'm a lil bothered by the fact Jay Z is in the intro. He is a partial owner, but I have never seen dude hoop a day in his life and instead of concert footage they should just focus on basketball. I also thought the game would have had a better soundtrack cause of Jay's influence, but it's not necessarily a "bad" soundtrack. MyCareer mode seems a lot harder in the new game and even though I did well in the showcase game I'm still barely getting any run at all. I chose Team Jordan over Nike and I'm playing as an all around point guard. I don't like how they have "simulate to next key game" over "play next game" cause I accidentily hit it and it simmed 9-10 games.
      Yeah, I choose Team Jordan over Nike, too. I purposely bombed the Showcase because I wanted to go to a good team. However, I did answer all of my pre-draft interviews positively. I had some good numbers in the Showcase, but once I got some respectable stats, I took a lot of chances and ultimately ended the game with a F. I was then drafted #21 in the first round to the Celtics.

      I'm not a Jay Z fan either. So, what I do is (360 ONLY) go to my music, select "Play All", then I turn down the music down. Once your music starts playing, it automatically plays over the in-game music. However, the arena music, along with the arena announcer, can still be heard, UNLESS you make an Arena Beats playlist, THEN you will ONLY hear your music at all times.
      I SWEAR, this is the LAST time I fix anything on this dadgum MK2 !!

    28. Member dorifto's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 22nd, 2003
      Location
      L.A.
      Posts
      2,343
      Vehicles
      2007 VW Passat Wagon 2.0t
      10-22-2012 02:23 PM #28
      i finally got a chance to play this game yesterday, and i dunno. i might just pass on it. i dont like how the movements are too fluid. so fluid, that it feels like all the players are running underwater or are in slow-mo.

      and nope, they still havent fixed that issue defaults every new game to auto timeouts and auto substitutions. wtf!!!

      last thing, navigating thru the menus is so much slower now. even worse, when you press a button, there seems to be a short lag before it actually goes through.
      bazinga!

      psn: dorifto13

    29. Member SumOldGuy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 1st, 2006
      Location
      Centerville, GA
      Posts
      2,731
      Vehicles
      1991 8v GTi, and a damn Jon Boat.
      10-23-2012 08:31 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by dorifto View Post
      i finally got a chance to play this game yesterday, and i dunno. i might just pass on it. i dont like how the movements are too fluid. so fluid, that it feels like all the players are running underwater or are in slow-mo.

      and nope, they still havent fixed that issue defaults every new game to auto timeouts and auto substitutions. wtf!!!

      last thing, navigating thru the menus is so much slower now. even worse, when you press a button, there seems to be a short lag before it actually goes through.
      Yessir, I know exactly what you mean. I have played about 12-14 hours in the last 48 hours, and I think I have finally gotten used to the "fluidity". I think it's kinda cool, but it's very annoying when you are playing the game for the first time.

      I am sure they will patch the "defaults" soon. It's the same crap every release, and it takes a while for them to patch it.

      I love it though. I played 2k11 over the weekend, and it wasn't a bad game at all. Spent some long hours on it, as well.
      I SWEAR, this is the LAST time I fix anything on this dadgum MK2 !!

    30. Member dorifto's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 22nd, 2003
      Location
      L.A.
      Posts
      2,343
      Vehicles
      2007 VW Passat Wagon 2.0t
      10-24-2012 10:41 AM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by SumOldGuy View Post
      I am sure they will patch the "defaults" soon. It's the same crap every release, and it takes a while for them to patch it.
      really? theyve never patched it for any of their previous games. 2k5, 2k9, 2k10, 2k11.....or am i doing something wrong?

      Quote Originally Posted by SumOldGuy View Post
      I love it though. I played 2k11 over the weekend, and it wasn't a bad game at all. Spent some long hours on it, as well.
      2k11 is the best one of the series, imho. i still play it to this day.
      bazinga!

      psn: dorifto13

    31. Member venom600's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 8th, 2002
      Location
      Claremont, CA
      Posts
      9,611
      Vehicles
      2007 VW GLI Fahrenheit
      10-24-2012 04:08 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by SumOldGuy View Post
      I love it though. I played 2k11 over the weekend, and it wasn't a bad game at all. Spent some long hours on it, as well.
      2k11 is arguably the best, and certainly one of the most played sports game ever. People still play it to this day because of the MJ mode. The added value of that mode in 2k11 and the classics mode in 2k12 are part of the reason that I don't feel it necessary to upgrade quite yet.

    32. Member SumOldGuy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 1st, 2006
      Location
      Centerville, GA
      Posts
      2,731
      Vehicles
      1991 8v GTi, and a damn Jon Boat.
      10-25-2012 10:25 AM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by venom600 View Post
      2k11 is arguably the best, and certainly one of the most played sports game ever. People still play it to this day because of the MJ mode. The added value of that mode in 2k11 and the classics mode in 2k12 are part of the reason that I don't feel it necessary to upgrade quite yet.
      Yep, I agree. I am playing 2k13 on the Jumbotron in the family room, and 2k11 on the "small but adequate" Man Cave tv.
      I SWEAR, this is the LAST time I fix anything on this dadgum MK2 !!

    33. Member SumOldGuy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 1st, 2006
      Location
      Centerville, GA
      Posts
      2,731
      Vehicles
      1991 8v GTi, and a damn Jon Boat.
      11-07-2012 02:39 PM #33
      Well, time to get back into this now that my real life NBA team is starting the season the same crappy way they have for the last 3 years

      At least this game is pretty good, enough to make me feel like I'm watching myself playing on a team that can actually play together and win (sometimes).
      Last edited by SumOldGuy; 11-07-2012 at 05:27 PM.
      I SWEAR, this is the LAST time I fix anything on this dadgum MK2 !!

    34. 11-07-2012 03:50 PM #34
      So I'm playing more of My Association so far cause I didn't win a championship in 2k12 cause Rose was injured before the playoffs started. I'm 35-19 with the Bulls at the moment and even though Rose killed in the All Star game, Lebron still got the MVP award. I'lm a little irritated though cause once again the game made some weird trades even though I'm the #2 team in the East. I got Bass and Terry from te Celtics for Boozer and I got Carl Landry in a straight trade for Gibson. Gibson was going for 6th man of the year award though, but was trailing Hinrich who is in the lead. Rose is leading the league in assists and is 3rd in points. I was also irritated because the rookie/sophomore game is not as it's supposed to be. The rookies and sophomores were all mixed up on different teams. I wanted to play as the rooks but couldn't get them all on 1 team. On another note, the Career mode is a lot harder this year compared to past years and it's hard to earn points to build up your player.

    35. Member SumOldGuy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 1st, 2006
      Location
      Centerville, GA
      Posts
      2,731
      Vehicles
      1991 8v GTi, and a damn Jon Boat.
      11-07-2012 05:26 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by Caster Troy View Post
      So I'm playing more of My Association so far cause I didn't win a championship in 2k12 cause Rose was injured before the playoffs started. I'm 35-19 with the Bulls at the moment and even though Rose killed in the All Star game, Lebron still got the MVP award. I'lm a little irritated though cause once again the game made some weird trades even though I'm the #2 team in the East. I got Bass and Terry from te Celtics for Boozer and I got Carl Landry in a straight trade for Gibson. Gibson was going for 6th man of the year award though, but was trailing Hinrich who is in the lead. Rose is leading the league in assists and is 3rd in points. I was also irritated because the rookie/sophomore game is not as it's supposed to be. The rookies and sophomores were all mixed up on different teams. I wanted to play as the rooks but couldn't get them all on 1 team. On another note, the Career mode is a lot harder this year compared to past years and it's hard to earn points to build up your player.


      Yep, and I can't believe how much accessories cost! I have no clue what my record is with the Celtics right now, but we have a losing record (mainly because of me ). I think I am 50+ games into my rookie season, and I think we are 22-33 or something like that. I just keep playing game after game trying to build up points for my player for the next season. Hopefully I can keep my value up enough that they will either trade me or send me to the D-league so I can rule the D-League, rack up a zillion points, max out my player, then return to the NBA and become a star. That is the route I took in 2k9.
      I SWEAR, this is the LAST time I fix anything on this dadgum MK2 !!

    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •