Volkswagen Formula 3 motor #019 .
Motor was built by Bertil Sollenskog (Bertil Racing) for the USF-3 program. Out the box they make 200hp @ 7200 rpm's & 163 lb-ft of torque@5200 rpm's. All Bertil #'ed motors were dyno broken in.
Specs are as follows:
◦ BRAND NEW AZG Block
◦ Wiseco 82.5mm bore pistons w/12.5:1 CR
◦ OEM AZG Connecting Rods w/ARP connecting rod hardware. Connecting rods were shot peened polished and magna fluxed.
◦ CAST AZG Crankshaft w/ impulse wheel removed
◦ ARP Main & Head Studs
◦ CNC Ported Cylinder head
◦ BRS F3 Gring camshaft - 301*
◦ Full Solid lifter valvetrain . BRS 37mm lifters. Shim under buckets and obviously Titanium retainers.
◦ 40.5mm Intake Valves
◦ 35.0mm Exhaust Valves
The 46mm ITB's are not available.
If you have access to ITB's or looking for a turbo motor then this is for you.
Dry sump is gone, converted to wet sump with the following parts
INA Baffled Oil Pan
06A 1.8T Oil pump + Oil pump chain + oil pump chain tensioner
06A 1.8T Oil Pump housing
Trade for air cooled
Last edited by stu-art1; 03-24-2013 at 10:32 AM.