Go to the last page for recent pics!
I thought I'd drop into this forum and introduce myself. I am a new owner of a 2013 Golf R, slated for delivery in about 30 days. Signed the deal on September 29th so let's see what happens!
I'm very excited to get this puppy because:
1.) My first VW
2.) My first 'new' car
I plan to do some mods on it in the future but right now, I'm going to enjoy the great stock action and do a proper 'break-in'.
I was skeptical of getting a Volkswagen because of the electrical gremlins but when I test-drove the GTi with the DSG today, I immediately was in love with everything and threw down my order for an R.
So stay tuned and perhaps, all of you wizards will teach me the VW way as I started with a Mitsubishi and know my car inside and out.
I will definitely be asking about engine mods, chip tuning, etc. etc.
For now, here are the mods I had in mind (As of Nov 14, 2012):
- Stage 1 ECU flash (Done by Concept1 using APR; Oct 19, 2012)
- Soundaktor Delete (Feb. 9, 2013)
- Stage 1+ with high pressure fuel pump upgrade
- Titanium vs. Stainless Steel exhaust system
- Carbonio vs. Volkswagen Racing Intake
- LED tail lights (Installed)
- Interior improvements (Gauge cluster, carbon fiber trim, new shifter/short shift kit maybe)
- Haldex Competiton Controller (Installed)
- H&R Sport Springs (Installed)
- 19x8.5 Volk LE37 ET35/Hankook V12 235/35/19 with fender screw mod (Summer setup)
Enjoy this thread and see what transpires!