Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official 2012 FORMULA 1 JAPANESE GRAND PRIX thread

1. Member
      Vehicles
      '04 Bugatti wagon, '85 V65 Sabre
      10-01-2012 01:36 PM #1
      Hmmm, not sure what to tell y'all other than Button will have a 5 grid spot penalty for a new box that he'll get for the race. Hamilton will not get a penalty, since he did not finish the last race. (BTW, this should silence all those that thought Hamilton broke his own trans during qualifying, since McLaren is seeing the same issue with Buttons and hence, are changing it)
      I read that so far weather should be sunny and dry.
      I'm suspecting that this could mean Hamilton P1 and Button around P5-6. A good guess would be to fill the remaining spots with Vet, Alo and perhaps Web.
      Hoping that Alonso will have a strong race. I don't really think that this track favors the Red Bulls. Their strongest race would have been Singapore.
      Let's Goooooo Alonso......
      Form is temporary; Class is permanent

2. 10-01-2012 04:31 PM #2
      I would love to see RoGro or Pastor punt Alonso off going in to the first turn.

3. 10-01-2012 05:39 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by The Ninja View Post
      Only if he takes out Vettel too.

Vehicles
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      10-02-2012 06:19 AM #4
      And you call yourself a fan? You actually want a driver to crash another one out? Did you not watch Spa? Did you not see how close Alonso came to getting killed? To actually want to see one driver crash out another, is just plain . Maybe the better option would be to punt you off this forum.

5. 10-02-2012 06:56 AM #5
      woah¡¡¡ you hate Alonso, would like to know why? I am not a fan of Alonso even if i am a Spaniard, but i don´t understand this psicotic behaviour of yours....
      Probably people like you think that that would be the only way to defeat him, right? just like the year Alonso was at Mclaren?

Regards
      Andoni
      Last edited by darthcabby; 10-02-2012 at 07:05 AM.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      10-02-2012 08:16 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by darthcabby View Post
      woah¡¡¡ you hate Alonso, would like to know why? I am not a fan of Alonso even if i am a Spaniard, but i don´t understand this psicotic behaviour of yours....
      Probably people like you think that that would be the only way to defeat him, right? just like the year Alonso was at Mclaren?

Regards
      Andoni
      Come on fellows, this is the Suzuka thread. I mean, even i can ignore comments like that. Let's get back on track, shall we?

7. 10-02-2012 08:40 AM #7
      Wow, I never said anything about Alonso getting injured. I don't hate the guy; just don't want to see him win the title. Seems that people are a bit too sensitive. I would settle for an engine failure; is that better?

And love you Bill.

Vehicles
      2010 VW Passat B6 Wagon
      10-02-2012 09:37 AM #8
      I can see Button doing well even with the 5 place penalty. Vettel too. Alonso will be at best third with a variety of people behind them.

9. 10-02-2012 10:05 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by wiredvw View Post
      I can see Button doing well even with the 5 place penalty. Vettel too. Alonso will be at best third with a variety of people behind them.

I hope you are right. Button needs to prove himself if he wants the #1 slot next year. I think Perez is going to drive like a bat out of hell for the rest of the year in order to prove he deserves the #1 seat at McLaren next year.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      10-02-2012 10:13 AM #10
      I think Perez is going to drive like a bat out of hell for the rest of the year in order to prove he deserves the #1 seat at McLaren next year.
      Sauber is predicted to do well again here with perhaps a one stopper. WTH happened to Kobes? He but all fell off the radar....

11. 10-02-2012 10:41 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister View Post
      Sauber is predicted to do well again here with perhaps a one stopper. WTH happened to Kobes? He but all fell off the radar....
      No kidding. In his rookie year he was a banzai driver with Ferrari and McLaren rumors swirling. Now he is a mid to back of the grid driver. Do you think Sauber will focus on him for the rest of the year or are they going to look for a new #1 driver?

Vehicles
      Mk5 Wabbit
      10-02-2012 11:37 AM #13
      Yup, track should suit Ferrari/Sauber/Williams. Pastor will spoil the party during Q3 for the front runners. Although, Red Bulls (especially Vettel) could very well be up there, he is pretty damn good around this track.

McL will again be the team to beat - Lewis taking the pole, most likely, with Pastor, Perez and Alonso not too far behind.

One thing to consider for these upcoming races - of the WDC contenders, only Alonso has two fresh engines. Others only have one fresh engine left. Seems like Ferrari powered cars (Saubers and TR included) are doing well on the engine side. Renaults are definitely not doing too hot.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      10-02-2012 01:44 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by gizmopop View Post

Fook me? Where's her twin??

14. 10-02-2012 02:30 PM #15
      You mean her twin sister Fook Yu?

Vehicles
      An imaginary one
      10-02-2012 02:45 PM #16
      Schumacher's going to win now that he doesn't have a ride for 2013

Vehicles
      12 Golf TDI, 00 GTI, 00 NB, 84 Scirocco, 80 Dasher
      10-02-2012 10:45 PM #17
      Japanese girls have the weirdest breast's, they always point backwards. Somehow all that nuclear fall out has affected their teeth too

Vehicles
      An imaginary one
      10-02-2012 10:58 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by atoson View Post
      Japanese girls have the weirdest breast's, they always point backwards. Somehow all that nuclear fall out has affected their teeth too
      Japanese girls are generally my favourite people on the planet.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      10-03-2012 08:52 AM #19
      You mean her twin sister Fook Yu?

19. 10-03-2012 09:27 AM #20
      i predict schumacher even with his penalty and the news he is out at mercedes will do a one stopper and come in first or second........ then everyone will go back to saying he cannot stop and he still has it in him.

20. Member
      Vehicles
      10-03-2012 09:52 AM #21
      Story emerging that McLaren and Red Bull are illegally using Flex wing and that cars will be checked closely by FIA @ Suzuka. Apparently they have figured out how to make the front wing flex, not at the end of the wings, but front to back, which produces more downforce for the rear.
      Now, i'm hoping that they will get punished and Alonso can actually win his fourth race!
      http://www.f1zone.net/news/new-flexi...g-in-f1/15991/

Vehicles
      12 Golf TDI, 00 GTI, 00 NB, 84 Scirocco, 80 Dasher
      10-03-2012 12:18 PM #22
      Now, i'm hoping that they will get punished and Alonso can actually win his fourth race!
      http://www.f1zone.net/news/new-flexi...g-in-f1/15991/
      Ata boy, keep that Alonso hope coming so we'll be there to witness the 3rd WDC at Austin

Vehicles
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      10-03-2012 04:15 PM #23
      Wow, I never said anything about Alonso getting injured. I don't hate the guy; just don't want to see him win the title. Seems that people are a bit too sensitive. I would settle for an engine failure; is that better?

And love you Bill.
      But when you say that you want to see someone crashed out, that's a very real possibility.

Vehicles
      2004 Audi S4, 08 Wolfy
      10-03-2012 04:34 PM #24
      I not too sure Alonso has the title clinched just yet. I personally would like to see a Battle between Alonso and Vettel similar to the Prost/Senna battles. Old guard vs young guard.

Given the fact that McLostHamilton and Red Bull are supposedly violating the flexible wing clause, might we see Kimi on the podium along with Alonso and Perez???

24. 10-04-2012 04:52 PM #25
      holy hell is Heikki's family there or he really has such hard core fans

25. Member
      Vehicles
      10-05-2012 08:57 AM #26
      How many more times can Ferrari blame their windtunnel??
      They're gonna lose Alonso the title for a second time??

Vehicles
      2010 VW Passat B6 Wagon
      10-05-2012 09:34 AM #27
      The Japanese fans support pretty much everything more than anyone could think was possible. I be the person who brought that sign is just a casual fan too.

Quote Originally Posted by dubsix View Post
      holy hell is Heikki's family there or he really has such hard core fans

I read this too and wondered if all windtunnels need calibration this often or just Ferrari.

How many more times can Ferrari blame their windtunnel??
      They're gonna lose Alonso the title for a second time??

Vehicles
      Mk5 Wabbit
      10-05-2012 09:55 AM #28
      I thought they were using Toyota's for a while now...

Either way, they're lacking compared to McL and Red Bulls. Alonso is over a half second behind, he definitely won't be in contention for pole but might screw the podium party since their tire management is better (but not by much). Red Bulls look strong! Their race pace is better than McL's, it seems.

EDIT: McL sidepods:

Sauber wing: (lower is newer)

yet another edit: From F1fanatic:

dem g-forces
      Last edited by Binary Star; 10-05-2012 at 10:16 AM.

28. 10-06-2012 07:12 AM #29
      nice photos.

so hamilton..... well at least he admitted his setup error. but he is supposed to develop mercedes because michael could not

unless ross brawn develops a brilliant idea first, i just do not see it happening.

hamilton did say in one of his interviews that he wants to struggle is one of the reasons he is going to mercedes. crazy nonsense. it shows you how much he wanted out of mclaren. he will regret it.

29. 10-06-2012 07:16 AM #30
      vettel destroyed the field.

hope alonso podiums.

30. Member
      Vehicles
      10-06-2012 09:37 AM #31
      Vettel's gonna be hard to catch, but Alonso should be able to snag Perez, RoGro and Kobes for a podium. Didn't expect the Bulls to be so fast.
      Alonso's qualify was botched by Kimi's spin and the yellow flags. He said that his time was fast enough for 4th (3rd with Button's penalty). His race pace is always better, so hopefully his lead will not take a huge beating.

Vehicles
      Mk5 Wabbit
      10-06-2012 09:51 AM #32
      Yeah I was pissed when Kimi spun.... Alonso put in mega lap during Q2 and def was hoping for more during Q3. Sucks!

32. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 Audi A3 2.0T
      10-06-2012 04:57 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by Binary Star View Post
      Yeah I was pissed when Kimi spun.... Alonso put in mega lap during Q2 and def was hoping for more during Q3. Sucks!
      I was pissed FOR Kimi

Seriously though, that's the risk you take when you hang your entire qualifying hopes on one flying lap as time expires. There is less opportunity for anyone to post a faster time, but you have no room for mistakes...or for someone else's mistake.

It should be a good race tomorrow, hopefully someone can challenge Vettel and Webber. Too bad about Button's grid penalty. Kobayashi had a great qualifying, and it would be awesome to see him podium for his home GP.

33. Member
      Vehicles
      10-06-2012 05:32 PM #34

34. 10-06-2012 05:43 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by TBomb View Post
      I was pissed FOR Kimi

It should be a good race tomorrow,
      from what I take from Quali it looks like it will be a Redbull cakewalk but hey if that's your idea of a good race then yeah it will be good..lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast