Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Look what Internet Meme sent me in the mail today!

Vehicles
      The Holy Grail, something else, '73 Carrera RS, and Carrera 4
      10-01-2012 09:43 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by cstraw View Post
      Shenanigans,

we need more proof. Please post a picture of your significant other (please don't be gay) wearing a pink bra standing in front of the car. Only then will I be convinced.

Badass car, would love to hear sound clips of the exhaust before and after the changes are made.

Chris
      Chris, the good news is that if I posted that, you would very likely forget all about the F40 and request more pics of her. The bad news is that it most likely be the very last thing that my fingers did before they got cut off in my sleep by her garden tools.

Vehicles
      10-01-2012 09:47 PM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by Mcstiff View Post
      It looks like a pretty easy install.
      Come by and look but judging from the flanges it looks a little more tricky than I thought. Plus we have to line up the stuff perfectly because any tension on the turbo housing means goodbye turbos. And I am not *that* keen on an LM turbo upgrade right now. I should have called you today to see if you were around.
      Last edited by Sherpa23F; 10-01-2012 at 09:55 PM.

Vehicles
      '15 WRX Limited HK 6MT, '14 370Z Sport 6MT SRM, '99 Camry CE 4AT
      10-01-2012 09:52 PM #73
      Sherpa, I was the first to call you out. I sincerely apologize my penis = 2" yours = 10"

Vehicles
      2003 TTq coupe, 2001 Forester L
      10-01-2012 09:53 PM #74
      I'm literally hyperventilating right now, after beer and seeing an actual person with an F40 on the internet, I am floored. Well ****ing done sir
      Audi TT mk1 FAQ zero Porsche wheels given

Quote Originally Posted by silverspeedbuggy View Post
      TCL 1991 edition - Can't afford a CRX, what would TCL do: Hyundai Scoupe vs. Toyota Paseo vs. Geo Storm

5. 10-01-2012 09:54 PM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by Sherpa23F View Post
      Come by and look but the flanges it looks a little more tricky than I thought. Plus we have to line up the stuff perfectly because any tension on the turbo housing means goodbye turbos. And I am not *that* keen on an LM turbo upgrade right now. I should have called you today to see if you were around.
      Not that I pretend to know anything at all of what I'm talking about, but I figured by now it would be much more beneficial to spec out a newer brand of turbo's with better technology to reduce spool times etc.... I figure the technology of the old LM turbo's would be far out dated. Of course, there's the authenticity factor, but as you seem to drive as much as well as conserve your car, maybe you'd consider alternatives.
      GLi : M3 : CX5
      OSD#2

Vehicles
      2002 Honda S2000
      10-01-2012 10:00 PM #76

Thats pretty much how I looked as I scrolled down the thread.

Amazing. Just amazing.

Vehicles
      Caveman... S
      10-01-2012 10:08 PM #77
      awesome car, love anything made out of inconel!

Vehicles
      10-01-2012 10:17 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by danny_16v View Post
      Not that I pretend to know anything at all of what I'm talking about, but I figured by now it would be much more beneficial to spec out a newer brand of turbo's with better technology to reduce spool times etc.... I figure the technology of the old LM turbo's would be far out dated. Of course, there's the authenticity factor, but as you seem to drive as much as well as conserve your car, maybe you'd consider alternatives.
      That is a good point however there are a couple important things to note. On something like my Audi, it's okay to go outside the box and find my own turbo applications but on one of Ferrari's limited supercars, you don't want to really do that as much, even though it may be reversible. The other part of that is then you might have to change ECU's or possibly intercoolers. There are guys out there who make it their mission to constantly tweak and refine F40s so it's not like if anyone needs to reinvent the wheel which brings me to my second point:

The second thing is that since the F40 was raced in competition long beyond it's final production date (it was winning IMSA races six or seven years after the last one left the factory) and there were several evolutions of the turbos and intercoolers, if I remember correctly. Consequently, there are more modern turbos that are suitable replacements that you can get from Italy. I don't know if they have to matched with different intercoolers and ECU's or what but I know that they're available. I know that I can send the whole car to Michelotto and they can turn it into an F40 GTE but that would probably cost as much as the car in the first place. Besides as a street car, it's pretty sweet as is.

10-01-2012 10:21 PM #79
      You left out the part where I made a post about suggestions for a new daily driver only to get, when people saw the cars in my profile, the most retarded, vitriolic posts calling me out as some Internet Meme and a troller and other stuff. There are people on here that know who I am and they did chime in but it took me while to figure out what the whole Internet Meme crap was. In fact, I have only read the frist 5 posts and the last 5 in that thread. One of these days I will find it again and read the whole thing.
      I guess I haven't seen that thread but I'd love to read it...I saw your posts in the Aston thread and that's when I discovered who you were

Friggin legendary, Sherpa
      I changed my avatar so not to be confused with La Ferrari

Vehicles
      10-01-2012 10:21 PM #80
      The point of all of this was not some sort of "look how cool my car is" or "how cool I am" thread. I just thought I would poke fun of the bad attitudes that I got when I came on here and hopefully put an end to all the Internet Meme comments whenever I post or ask a question.

10-01-2012 10:21 PM #81
      sherpa - i wasn't trying to be rude or small. that was more of the same joking/allusion towards the internetmeme thread, in which the previously "unnoticed clues" all rushed to everyone once the foul call was made. i was just funnin' around there.

i too am a family man of "priorities," which would be painfully obvious to anyone walking through my barn/home/funhouse. you just have to find safe places to stash the good stuff! the kids are in charge; we work/live around them.

it's good to hear from someone who understands how to truly enjoy his spoils. we don't take too kindly to the preening and polishing types! i applaud your hobby, your pragmatism, and your love, fear, and respect of/for a good woman.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      14 Toyota 4Runner, 04 BMW 330ci
      10-01-2012 10:24 PM #82
      Well this is pretty ****ing awesome.

Vehicles
      2007 Porsche Boxster S, 1999 Jeep Wrangler
      10-01-2012 10:34 PM #83
      I don't really see the point of furnishing the whole house and no, it's not especially big or mansionesque.
      Yeah, the last guy said his crib was nothing special, and it turned out to be a $20 million estate dating from the Norman Conquest.

Nice car. And bagel.

Vehicles
      Sube and a VW
      10-01-2012 10:43 PM #84

Awesome thread is awesome
      One owner Jetta since May 1st, 1999, 183K miles

15. Member
      Vehicles
      02 Jetta GLI VR6
      10-01-2012 10:46 PM #85
      The point of all of this was not some sort of "look how cool my car is" or "how cool I am" thread. I just thought I would poke fun of the bad attitudes that I got when I came on here and hopefully put an end to all the Internet Meme comments whenever I post or ask a question.
      What an awesome attitude to have sir. If I had some serious money kicking around I'd be the same way.

Vehicles
      Japanese Toaster
      10-01-2012 10:53 PM #86
      Now that we're done stroking his E-peen, let's move back to the projects at hand.

I understand function over aesthetics, but those OZ/enkei wheels are a serious detraction from prior form. HRE's vintage options would be a much better fit.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/02/07/h...of-retro-supe/

Vehicles
      09 Rabbit S 5MT
      10-01-2012 10:53 PM #87
      Came in for a fun new internet meme to enjoy.
      Find fake troll has been replaced by real douche.

Left dissatisfied.
      :gift:

Vehicles
      Golf R
      10-01-2012 10:55 PM #88
      point IS to show IT off ... regardless, it's a win my friend.

PS: I many interwebz jelly.
      Previous: '95 Talon AWD 2.0T | '98 GTI 2.0 | '00 Jetta 2.0 | '02 GLI 2.8 | '07 GTI 2.0T | '09 GLI 2.0T | '00 A4 2.8 | '04 R32 3.2 | '12 R 2.0T | '01 S4 2.7TT | '14 ST 1.6T | '12 R 2.0T

Philly (now) <--> Bangkok 5555555 (later)
      Vehicles
      2001 Accord coupe V6 / 2013 Toyota Yaris / 2007 Kawasaki Ninja (DOA), 2005 Team Associated RC18t
      10-01-2012 10:58 PM #89
      The brakes are huge. It doesn't come across in pics. The reason for the wheels, which are made by O.Z. but have Enkei stickers on them , is to clear the brakes. They came with new red Pagid pads which will probably go because they are probably ridiculously loud. Just the stock brake pads are really noisy around town but obviously they quiet down on the back roads and canyons.
      I thought brakes are pretty quite when the pads are new and rotors nice and straight. I've heard some high end setups before and the brakes are usually never heard. Of course Ive never heard anything "F40 high end" so that might be in a whole 'nother league...

And yea, just looking at them by themselves on the floor they don't look that large, but in reality there probably larger then a phonebook
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam Carolla
      "It shouldn't be called a radar detector, it should be called a rape detector. This is my own little electronic rape whistle."
      (ง'̀-'́)ง

10-01-2012 10:59 PM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by Lwize View Post
      Came in for a fun new internet meme to enjoy.
      Find fake troll has been replaced by real douche.

Left dissatisfied.
      Buh-bye, you won't be missed.
      I changed my avatar so not to be confused with La Ferrari

Vehicles
      GTI | CX9
      10-01-2012 11:00 PM #91
      Do those parts even bolt up to your Fiero?
      dasjettakartell - immortalized on the wall, forgotten on the floor

#HOTTESTCHICKINTHAGAME

Vehicles
      2004 Golf R32, 2002 Jetta TDI, 2000 Jetta GLX
      10-01-2012 11:00 PM #92
      In for all the win in this thread

Vehicles
      10-01-2012 11:04 PM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by Momus View Post
      Yeah, the last guy said his crib was nothing special, and it turned out to be a $20 million estate dating from the Norman Conquest.

Nice car. And bagel.
      I live in a great neighbourhood for the kids in very normal house. It's not small, it's not huge. I have room for my bicycles, cars, and family. I wish I had more garage space but unfortunately, they don't make 3k sq ft houses with 2k sq ft garages in this part of town. Whatever, it's good enough.

10-01-2012 11:09 PM #94
      I understand function over aesthetics, but those OZ/enkei wheels are a serious detraction from prior form. HRE's vintage options would be a much better fit.
      why would he be interested in reps when he owns the real thing??? if you understand function, did you miss the part about the enkeis being magnesium?

Vehicles
      2013 GTI/S60R/E30 M3 (imported from Nigeria)
      10-01-2012 11:12 PM #95
      I'm sorry I couldn't make it last weekend. Slonie and I will be arriving shortly. Please clean out the Audi's rear hatch so that he can sleep there, as promised .
      Leonardo - Team Post-Killing Ninja
      Fizzy - Team My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod511 View Post
      If I could do one thing with a DeLorean it would be to give Vad's parents a condom.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
      Do you want to be known as the guy who makes worse automotive decisions than VadGTI?

Vehicles
      10-01-2012 11:12 PM #96
      I just started reading the Internet Meme F40 thread. I am only about 1/3 through but it's pretty crazy to me.

First of all, he seems to know a little bit of what he's talking about. There are some things that are way off but some things right. Also, he doesn't sound like a nutcase (but I still have a lot more reading to do). I have not gotten to any parts where he says what he does or how much he makes or anything, only that he's jetlagged.

But the crazy thing is that he makes lots of Fchat references. Now I don't know tons about everything that goes on over there but I have a hard time thinking that either I don't know his posts or that no one I know knows his posts. But to the best of my recollection, there's nothing like this over there, no guy in the UK on the hunt for an F40. If he were, there would be two guys at least who would know all about it.

I don't know, it's a crazy world and honestly, the part of the thread that I just read has me perplexed. It's also really saddening to me for some reason. I'll keep reading.

Derek, did you ever see that thread?

27. 10-01-2012 11:17 PM #97
      Quote Originally Posted by KeiCar View Post
      I thought brakes are pretty quite when the pads are new and rotors nice and straight. I've heard some high end setups before and the brakes are usually never heard. Of course Ive never heard anything "F40 high end" so that might be in a whole 'nother league...

And yea, just looking at them by themselves on the floor they don't look that large, but in reality there probably larger then a phonebook
      Real good track brakes != quite(sic). In fact, just good street brakes don't always equal quiet. Soft pads that last a long time on normal daily use -usually- equal quiet.

28. Member
      Vehicles
      5.3L Wrangler
      10-01-2012 11:19 PM #98
      Quote Originally Posted by Ducky 2.0T View Post
      Now that we're done stroking his E-peen
      Whoa, we're just getting started.
      5.3L Wrangler work in progress
      Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Monkeys View Post
      "Less Forethought, More Welding"

Vehicles
      MkV R32, Focus Electric
      10-01-2012 11:20 PM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by deucestudios View Post
      Whoa, we're just getting started.
      Oh yeah, I predict 10-20 pages of this...
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      Mercedes typically makes awful manual transmissions and fantastic auto transmissions. Choosing the stick would be like saying, "Y'know, that Natalie Portman is pretty hot, but if she grew some hair on her legs and had a dong, she'd be just right."
      Quote Originally Posted by jnm2.0t View Post
      Was it parked on the curb on garbage day?

Vehicles
      09 Rabbit S 5MT
      10-01-2012 11:27 PM #100
      Quote Originally Posted by GTurboI View Post
      Buh-bye, you won't be missed.
      Another douche!
      :gift:

Vehicles
      1990 E30 M3
      10-01-2012 11:32 PM #101
      Sherpa,
      There are important lessons to be garnered from Internetmeme's original thread.

1. He burned TCL very badly because we wanted to believe.
      2. TCL has a disproportionately long memory.
      3. There are very clever people here who have secret ninja Jeet Kune Do researching skills.
      4. TCL doesn't forgive a liar and a faker.
      5. TCL is filled with wankers and jerks.

The last one is incidental to the rest, but, as you've discovered, it is the case.

That said, you make a hell of an entrance. I can't wait to see the follow up.

Welcome to The Car Lounge. Don't let the idjits bring you down.
      --Measure with mike, mark with chalk, cut with axe, pound to fit, paint to match

Vehicles
      2008 BMW 335i
      10-01-2012 11:35 PM #102
      OP,

Very nice car and very nice taste! I like both your previous Ferrari and the new ones. One of the best looking cars Ferrari ever made in my opinion.

...though I am not really feeling the new upgraded wheels. The 5-spoke star wheels, whatever they are actually called, look 1000000x better and more refined.
      Quote Originally Posted by MAG58 View Post
      Please consider your audience before saying something sensible. 80% of TCL drivers were actually banned from Formula 1 for being too fast.
      A turbocharger is a device in where exhaust gases go in, witchcraft happens, and then you go faster.

Vehicles
      2.15678L 16V ABA, SN 95 Mustang V8, 2013 Frontier V6
      10-01-2012 11:41 PM #103
      In for some Real F40 fun. Do record the engine once you have installed those exhaust pipes.....
      Quote Originally Posted by Preppy View Post
      On a scale from flaming bag of dog poop to drunken sex with a hot stripper... your car is a case of herpes from a girl you picked up at wal mart.
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      Banging a hooker will make the wasps go away? I'm off to find a bee's nest. BRB.

Vehicles
      2013 GTI/S60R/E30 M3 (imported from Nigeria)
      10-01-2012 11:45 PM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by Old Windy View Post
      In for some Real F40 fun. Do record the engine once you have installed those exhaust pipes.....
      I'll record it for you just before I go to sleep next to the washing machine. I hope the fumes aren't poisonous .
      Leonardo - Team Post-Killing Ninja
      Fizzy - Team My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod511 View Post
      If I could do one thing with a DeLorean it would be to give Vad's parents a condom.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
      Do you want to be known as the guy who makes worse automotive decisions than VadGTI?

Vehicles
      10-01-2012 11:53 PM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by VadGTI View Post
      I'll record it for you just before I go to sleep next to the washing machine. I hope the fumes aren't poisonous .
      You and Slonie can stay in the guest room. If you guys don't want to share a bed, one of you can sleep in the adjoining bathroom. If you're not half as entertaining as I hear, I'm going to be pissed.

Bring one of those cars you won't buy, too. Those are all sweet.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast