Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Look what Internet Meme sent me in the mail today!

Vehicles
      a Nissan
      10-02-2012 04:52 AM #126
      Quote Originally Posted by emmettlodge View Post
      The OP, obviously, has priorities He owns the F40 for shti's sake.

Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      10-02-2012 06:36 AM #127
      Quote Originally Posted by Sherpa23F View Post
      Here's one of my old car in the same place. That's my detailer's garage. My cars would not look nearly as good if he didn't get them every 6 months. Notice how clean the cars look?

Droooooool...My 2 favorite F-cars
      Quote Originally Posted by koidragon1980 View Post
      If Jesus is your pilot, then irony is your vehicle.

Vehicles
      '12 Volkswagen GTI, '07 Audi A3
      10-02-2012 07:09 AM #128
      Great thread, great story, great car. Awesome car sir!
      Had/Have 1999.5 Jetta | 2006 GTI | 1991 GTI | 2004 A4 | 2008 R32 | 2012 GTI | 2012 Escape | 2007 A3

Quote Originally Posted by jrmcm View Post
      Because inflammatory arguments based on meaningless speculation is what we do around here.

4. 10-02-2012 07:39 AM #129
      Haha, I remember the first thread, and nobody believed him....

Its nice to see the F40 is actually being driven and appreciated, rather than sitting in some showcase collecting dust.
      Quote Originally Posted by Subwoofers View Post
      You must be a professional troll in real life.
      Quote Originally Posted by Crob View Post
      I'm more amused by the scientific formulas people bring up to justify why a BRZ lost to a Megane. Like really? All that college education you paid for and a BRZ is that important to you to go into some asinine explanation about how it's still a good track car?

Vehicles
      Japanese Toaster
      10-02-2012 07:42 AM #130
      Quote Originally Posted by 2000JettaGLXVR6 View Post
      Nice apartment-size combo washer/dryer Good to see you're priorities are in the right place.
      That's the detailors garage.

Vehicles
      '00/Audi/S4 6MT
      10-02-2012 07:42 AM #131
      Wow. Christmas came early for you!
      Signature blank...

7. 10-02-2012 08:00 AM #132
      You should have bought a GTO.

"The Sebring is an extraordinary car. Ugly to behold and hateful to drive, it is not cheap, elegant, comfortable, practical, prestigious, clever, economical, luxurious, well designed, well thought out or, if the rental car I drove in America this year is anything to go by, especially well made either." - Jeremy Clarkson

Vehicles
      03 Jetta GLS
      10-02-2012 08:16 AM #133
      Have you ever taken it to the track/will you?
      03 Jetta GLS

10-02-2012 08:21 AM #134
      This is the second or third time the F40 has come up, but still no proof of the Honda Fit. I'm calling bull****.

Vehicles
      '10 Prius & '05 4Runner
      10-02-2012 08:22 AM #135
      A car that truly made my young self drool back in the day.

Vehicles
      The Holy Grail, something else V12 powered, V8 race car, all made in Maranello. Plus a '67 911.
      10-02-2012 08:32 AM #136
      Quote Originally Posted by .:bigred12 View Post
      Have you ever taken it to the track/will you?
      I took it to the track once. Just did a few laps to get a feel. I actually have real track purpose stuff (not cars) so driving a street car, even one like this, doesn't feel as fun. That said for brief time I was on the track with it, it was really good. I just don't ever feel like street cars make super great track cars. On twisty back roads, however, this car is the greatest.

10-02-2012 08:35 AM #137
      You left out the part where I made a post about suggestions for a new daily driver only to get, when people saw the cars in my profile, the most retarded, vitriolic posts calling me out as some Internet Meme and a troller and other stuff. There are people on here that know who I am and they did chime in but it took me while to figure out what the whole Internet Meme crap was. In fact, I have only read the frist 5 posts and the last 5 in that thread. One of these days I will find it again and read the whole thing.
      I missed your other thread then. But I was post #2 in the InternetMeme thread (see sig). It's not a bragging point....I just find it funny
      MemeGate 2012 - First Responder, post #2

Quote Originally Posted by .skully.
      Mike, quote me in your signature

Vehicles
      The Holy Grail, something else V12 powered, V8 race car, all made in Maranello. Plus a '67 911.
      10-02-2012 08:36 AM #138
      I have to be honest: after finally reading the whole thing, that Internet Meme thread is really disturbing to me. When people were bringing it up in my first thread, I was under the impression that it happened years ago but it was only this summer. I didn't go back and look at his post history but it sounds like some people here talked to him offline? But nobody knows who he is? I will do a little searching on Fchat later tonight when I have time and see if anyone there knows anything about it. Somebody has to know something.

I already did a search for "curse the gods" and came up empty.

For what it's worth, the biggest liar that I ever knew was from London or Surrey or something. Made up wild stories about himself and his past and just could never ever say a truthful word. Beyond professional help and maybe the same with this other guy too.
      Last edited by Sherpa23F; 10-02-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Vehicles
      2013 WRX 2012 Mazda5
      10-02-2012 08:39 AM #139

10-02-2012 08:40 AM #140
      I have to be honest. After finally reading the whole thing, that Internet Meme thread is really disturbing to me. When people were bringing it up in my first thread, I was under the impression that it happened years ago but it was only this summer. I didn't go back and look at his post history but it sounds like some people here talked to him offline? But nobody knows who he is? I will do a little searching on Fchat later tonight when I have time and see if anyone there knows anything about it. Somebody has to know something.
      People talked to him via private message, but never outside of this forum as far as I know.

I recall an admin saying that the IP address he was signing in from was in the Baltimore, MD area.

16. Senior Member
      10-02-2012 08:45 AM #141
      a quick trip to AutoZone
      So those parts didn't really come from Internet Meme afterall! You sir, have been called out

Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

Upon my word I have had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers. -James Byford McCudden

Vehicles
      10-02-2012 08:52 AM #142
      Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Av8r View Post
      I missed your other thread then. But I was post #2 in the InternetMeme thread (see sig). It's not a bragging point....I just find it funny
      Well, after reading the whole Internet Meme thread last night, I do understand a little bit better why I got all the hate mail. Still, though, if people were that concerned the mods could always check IP's or log in info or things like that to see what's what.

Vehicles
      10-02-2012 09:21 AM #143
      Quote Originally Posted by SVTDanny View Post
      This is the second or third time the F40 has come up, but still no proof of the Honda Fit. I'm calling bull****.
      Call it all you want. You're still wrong.

Vehicles
      '08 VW Jetta SE 2.5
      10-02-2012 09:28 AM #144
      Great story about your car's history and how you got it, thanks for sharing.

This line was great -

They make for VERY expensive 1:1 models.

2008 VW Jetta SE 2.5 [current]
      1995 VW Jetta GLX VR6 [07.2003 - 03.2012]

Vehicles
      #fakerich Honda
      10-02-2012 09:48 AM #145
      Well, after reading the whole Internet Meme thread last night, I do understand a little bit better why I got all the hate mail. Still, though, if people were that concerned the mods could always check IP's or log in info or things like that to see what's what.
      What you wouldn't glean from that thread was the breadth, consistency, and history of his posts. He'd been posting for over a year. He posted regularly in the OT section. In the purchase threads he posted of expensive leather briefcases, expensive knives, expensive everything. He mentioned his house, and posted a picture. When it came up months later he didn't miss a beat. He posted about his pregant girlfriend, and even matched up the timeline somewhat correctly. In the purchase thread I mentioned picking up a Shun chef knife. Months after he posted about them he chimes in and says "I absolutely love mine." Now, he could've owned them sure. My point is that he was consistent. He had a very thorough back story and kept at it. There were obviously missteps on his part along the way, but they were rare enough that they were drowned out by his story's overall consistency. I think it was Momus who finally outed him by searching the picture of the house he wanted to buy. It was nowhere near the geographic area he was talking about, and it was far above a believable budget for a 27 year old investment banker.

Vehicles
      10-02-2012 09:51 AM #146
      Quote Originally Posted by Mintyy View Post
      Any shots of the bike that Shamal is on?
      I can't put a pic up. That's a prototype of a new model from a company I help develop products for. They did just drop the production model at Interbike but there shouldn't be pics on the internet of this one until 2013.

Vehicles
      10-02-2012 09:57 AM #147
      Quote Originally Posted by pwm View Post
      What you wouldn't glean from that thread was the breadth, consistency, and history of his posts. He'd been posting for over a year. He posted regularly in the OT section. In the purchase threads he posted of expensive leather briefcases, expensive knives, expensive everything. He mentioned his house, and posted a picture. When it came up months later he didn't miss a beat. He posted about his pregant girlfriend, and even matched up the timeline somewhat correctly. In the purchase thread I mentioned picking up a Shun chef knife. Months after he posted about them he chimes in and says "I absolutely love mine." Now, he could've owned them sure. My point is that he was consistent. He had a very thorough back story and kept at it. There were obviously missteps on his part along the way, but they were rare enough that they were drowned out by his story's overall consistency. I think it was Momus who finally outed him by searching the picture of the house he wanted to buy. It was nowhere near the geographic area he was talking about, and it was far above a believable budget for a 27 year old investment banker.
      Well, I honestly don't know much about the high paced investment banking world of NYC and London but I did have to go back and reread the missteps and where Momus outed him because I didn't catch it at first. I guess I'm also not as worldly (Shun chef knife?) to pick up on some of the nuances about it all. But the whole thing is weird. He just stopped posting it looks like. No response, no explanation, no nothing. What was the end game? I don't get it.

I did send that thread to one of the moderators at Fchat for him to see if he knows anything about it or if he has an idea of who it might be.

Vehicles
      08 S2R1000 Ducati Monster
      10-02-2012 10:09 AM #148
      Not gonna lie... best bagel table ever! now back to reading the rest of this thread
      Quote Originally Posted by Motorwerks View Post
      Its not just AR15.com.... its the rest of the internet.

Vehicles
      '14 GMC Sierra, The Daihatsu Rocky from Jurassic Park
      10-02-2012 10:09 AM #149
      Quote Originally Posted by stascom View Post
      The OP, obviously, has priorities He owns the F40 for shti's sake.
      Don't get your panties in a bunch. It was a compliment to the OP. He doesn't really care if his carpet is torn since he owns an F40. That's doing it right
      I'm not happy until I've posted something

Vehicles
      1972 Condor II Autocross Spec with Dan in the passenger seat
      10-02-2012 10:14 AM #150
      They make for VERY expensive 1:1 models.
      They make very expensive 1:18 models even. I got a really nice Kyosho earlier this year that wasn't cheap.

And if people keep posting the "we're not worthy" thing you're gonna become TCL's pope.

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast