VWVortex.com - Look what Internet Meme sent me in the mail today!
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    The Car Lounge
    Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Results 351 to 375 of 871

    Thread: Look what Internet Meme sent me in the mail today!

    1. Junior Member 612Scag's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 30th, 2012
      Location
      Hub City, Texas
      Posts
      92
      Vehicles
      2007 Audi A4 2.0T
      10-05-2012 11:13 AM #351
      Quote Originally Posted by Sherpa23F View Post
      The best buy in the whole Ferrari world is the 550 Maranello. That is an amazing car and a great one is $70k. It's an amazing GT with real Ferrari feel. The 456, it's 2+2 twin is really more like $60k for a very good one. Scagliettis are still over $100k and for some reason I don't think they're as great as the others. 599's will be $130k in 3 years. It does sort of make you chuckle as the 2+2's are the spendiest of the new cars. Hell, I rarely see a new FF for less than $385k. That is serious money.
      A couple of my favorites...

      456M w/ Tubi exhaust


      Plus 575 wheels


      69 Daytona


      Plus Borranis
      The carpet pissers did this?!

    2. Geriatric Member Chapel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 1999
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      53,859
      Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '10 Mazda5
      10-05-2012 04:31 PM #352
      Quote Originally Posted by Sherpa23F View Post
      I like a lot of them but not all. I like the 308 GT4, Mondial 3.2, 456M, and the FF.
      456M is the best... that and the 412i

    3. Junior Member 612Scag's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 30th, 2012
      Location
      Hub City, Texas
      Posts
      92
      Vehicles
      2007 Audi A4 2.0T
      10-05-2012 05:27 PM #353
      Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
      456M is the best... that and the 412i
      The carpet pissers did this?!

    4. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 7th, 2001
      Location
      The Village
      Posts
      22,574
      Vehicles
      KAR 120C
      10-05-2012 05:41 PM #354
      I never warmed up to the looks of the 456. But the 550...that's a true GT in the old school Ferrari tradition. Love it. And they aren't terrible to buy these days. Now maintaining it is another matter, of course...

    5. Member PlatinumGLS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2003
      Location
      Shelby Township, MI
      Posts
      16,094
      Vehicles
      7.4, 5.7, 5.3 & 3.0TT
      10-05-2012 05:50 PM #355
      Quote Originally Posted by Numbersix View Post
      I never warmed up to the looks of the 456. But the 550...that's a true GT in the old school Ferrari tradition. Love it. And they aren't terrible to buy these days. Now maintaining it is another matter, of course...
      Might as well move up to the 575

    6. Member mikeferg75's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 30th, 2004
      Posts
      223
      Vehicles
      1975 911 Carrera misc other aircooled/german
      10-05-2012 05:54 PM #356
      Just found this thread, to funny...

      To the OP, I wanted to thank you for bringing that out to my Coffee and Cars gig. You were too busy swapping rides with GT40 guy last time

    7. Member rq1trackaddict's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 21st, 2009
      Location
      Perkasie, Pa
      Posts
      4,664
      Vehicles
      SV Race Bike
      10-05-2012 05:59 PM #357
      Quote Originally Posted by mikeferg75 View Post
      You were too busy swapping rides with GT40 guy last time
      That's what i heard, so that is his f40 from cars and coffee that i posted on the previous page.

    8. Member mikeferg75's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 30th, 2004
      Posts
      223
      Vehicles
      1975 911 Carrera misc other aircooled/german
      10-05-2012 06:03 PM #358
      Quote Originally Posted by RQ1 View Post
      That's what i heard, so that is his f40 from cars and coffee that i posted on the previous page.
      I don't know for sure, the only other in the area I know of is very modified and easy to spot.

    9. Member Mcstiff's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2002
      Location
      NE Denver, CO
      Posts
      2,305
      Vehicles
      1995 Sport 90 Quattro, 1991 Coupé Quattro
      10-05-2012 08:57 PM #359
      Quote Originally Posted by RQ1 View Post
      That's what i heard, so that is his f40 from cars and coffee that i posted on the previous page.
      Yep, I am in the pic with the minivan lol
      Ed Hankin *All posts subject to inaccuracy due to multi-tasking and autocorrect.
      1PissedOff90 1995 Sport 90 Quattro with too much to list
      1991 Audi Coupe Quattro 7aT Holset, VEMS, ETC

    10. Member Sherpa23F's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 21st, 2012
      Location
      Rocky Mountains
      Posts
      414
      Vehicles
      The Holy Grail, something else V12 powered, V8 race car, all made in Maranello. Plus a '67 911.
      10-05-2012 10:28 PM #360
      Quote Originally Posted by mikeferg75 View Post
      Just found this thread, to funny...

      To the OP, I wanted to thank you for bringing that out to my Coffee and Cars gig. You were too busy swapping rides with GT40 guy last time
      I didn't realize that was someone's cars and coffee. It's definitely the best one. It's not often I can make one for any length of time or bring a Ferrari. Great ever though, isn't it?

      If you're talking about Stephen's F40 as the other one that is heavily modded, there are two others in the area.

    11. Member Sherpa23F's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 21st, 2012
      Location
      Rocky Mountains
      Posts
      414
      Vehicles
      The Holy Grail, something else V12 powered, V8 race car, all made in Maranello. Plus a '67 911.
      10-05-2012 10:29 PM #361
      Quote Originally Posted by Mcstiff View Post
      Yep, I am in the pic with the minivan lol
      I was trying to figure out when you got coffee as I thought we met up in the coffee place. Then I realized I moved my car after.

      Btw, made it to the destination. eS2 was amazing.
      Last edited by Sherpa23F; 10-06-2012 at 12:43 AM.

    12. Member Mcstiff's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2002
      Location
      NE Denver, CO
      Posts
      2,305
      Vehicles
      1995 Sport 90 Quattro, 1991 Coupé Quattro
      10-06-2012 01:53 AM #362
      Quote Originally Posted by Sherpa23F View Post
      I was trying to figure out when you got coffee as I thought we met up in the coffee place. Then I realized I moved my car after.
      Yeah, that was later on. Agreed, that is the best C&C (not TMd lol) but I have not gone to the Park Meadows one.

      Btw, made it to the destination. eS2 was amazing.
      NICE, I'm sure it enjoyed the cold air! Mine is 20% into the work I was talking about earlier. UPS didn't show till after 6pm
      Ed Hankin *All posts subject to inaccuracy due to multi-tasking and autocorrect.
      1PissedOff90 1995 Sport 90 Quattro with too much to list
      1991 Audi Coupe Quattro 7aT Holset, VEMS, ETC

    13. Banned Tiny4cyl's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 5th, 2011
      Posts
      1,493
      Vehicles
      '15 WRX Limited HK 6MT, '14 370Z Sport 6MT SRM, '99 Camry CE 4AT
      10-06-2012 02:41 AM #363
      Tubi exhaust rather have doobie exhaust

    14. Senior Member Son's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 10th, 2000
      Location
      Munich, GER
      Posts
      30,387
      Vehicles
      VW Golf VI 1.4 TSI, VW Golf VII 1.4 TSI
      10-06-2012 03:55 AM #364
      Quote Originally Posted by Sherpa23F View Post
      I disagree that the euro car looks better. the black bumpers are really well done and provide the right accents. To each his own, though.
      I guess it's that I originally saw the Euro version and a car like this is so iconic that almost any changes are bad then.

    15. Senior Member Son's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 10th, 2000
      Location
      Munich, GER
      Posts
      30,387
      Vehicles
      VW Golf VI 1.4 TSI, VW Golf VII 1.4 TSI
      10-06-2012 04:08 AM #365
      Spammer above reported.

      Anyway, back to beautiful Ferraris. The 456 is awesome, especially the early interior.

    16. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 1st, 2011
      Location
      Grand Rapids Michigan
      Posts
      23
      Vehicles
      2002 Audi TT ALMS, 2005 Volvo V70R, 1987 Porsche 911 Targa track toy
      10-06-2012 10:06 AM #366
      To the OP - please hang that poster of the 1989 World Pro RR properly! Otherwise, you are DIR!

    17. Member Sherpa23F's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 21st, 2012
      Location
      Rocky Mountains
      Posts
      414
      Vehicles
      The Holy Grail, something else V12 powered, V8 race car, all made in Maranello. Plus a '67 911.
      10-06-2012 10:12 AM #367
      Quote Originally Posted by V70RinGR View Post
      To the OP - please hang that poster of the 1989 World Pro RR properly! Otherwise, you are DIR!
      I will probably one day. AH gave me the one of him on the Gavia after I lent him one of my bikes for a few weeks and GL gave me the one of the 89 WC after we met at a race I was doing in Belgium years ago. They're cool posters but nice where they are.

    18. Member x(why)z's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 1st, 2010
      Location
      NZ, CDN, USA
      Posts
      925
      Vehicles
      Toyota 4Runner SR5 V8 (4th Gen.)
      10-06-2012 10:46 AM #368
      I love the 456. so understated. As much as I adore the 550, I don't feel as though it aged as gracefully. And I like big GT cars.

      So much want in this right here:



      http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/...itemid=1298693

      And thanks for the thread Sherpa. I can't stop thinking about your F40, and your attitude in buying it. I have an understanding future wife, so maybe I can make something similar happen (although I won't be able to go F40 crazy. the reality of being a professor)

      ITT: Inspirational stuff.

    19. Member mikeferg75's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 30th, 2004
      Posts
      223
      Vehicles
      1975 911 Carrera misc other aircooled/german
      10-06-2012 12:02 PM #369
      Quote Originally Posted by Sherpa23F View Post
      I didn't realize that was someone's cars and coffee. It's definitely the best one. It's not often I can make one for any length of time or bring a Ferrari. Great ever though, isn't it?

      If you're talking about Stephen's F40 as the other one that is heavily modded, there are two others in the area.
      It's cool how the show took off these last few years, even today in the cold and drizzle we had crazy people show up. One even in the new Morgan 3wheeler Brrrr....

      Should have worded my response better, nobody owns a car show, I'm just happy to see what it has evolved into.

    20. Member LaFerrari's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 18th, 2002
      Location
      Colorado
      Posts
      9,321
      10-06-2012 12:14 PM #370
      Quote Originally Posted by mikeferg75 View Post
      It's cool how the show took off these last few years, even today in the cold and drizzle we had crazy people show up. One even in the new Morgan 3wheeler Brrrr....

      Should have worded my response better, nobody owns a car show, I'm just happy to see what it has evolved into.
      Damnit...I knew I should've have gone today! Does the Lafayette C&C happen year round? I've been to several of them but it's always been during the Spring and Summer.
      It's a proper, proper thing!

    21. Member Mcstiff's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2002
      Location
      NE Denver, CO
      Posts
      2,305
      Vehicles
      1995 Sport 90 Quattro, 1991 Coupé Quattro
      10-06-2012 01:39 PM #371
      Quote Originally Posted by GTurboI View Post
      Damnit...I knew I should've have gone today! Does the Lafayette C&C happen year round? I've been to several of them but it's always been during the Spring and Summer.
      Yep, every 1st Sat! I would have gone but UPS was late yesterday and my car is apart (and I'm hanging out with 3
      Ed Hankin *All posts subject to inaccuracy due to multi-tasking and autocorrect.
      1PissedOff90 1995 Sport 90 Quattro with too much to list
      1991 Audi Coupe Quattro 7aT Holset, VEMS, ETC

    22. Member Sherpa23F's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 21st, 2012
      Location
      Rocky Mountains
      Posts
      414
      Vehicles
      The Holy Grail, something else V12 powered, V8 race car, all made in Maranello. Plus a '67 911.
      10-06-2012 01:48 PM #372
      [QUOTE=Mcstiff;79250738]Yep, every 1st Sat! I would have gone but UPS was late yesterday and my car is apart (and I'm hanging out with 3

    23. Banned roadtripper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2003
      Posts
      4,013
      10-06-2012 01:48 PM #373
      this thread has officially just become enough motivation for me to finally pull the trigger on relocating out west.

      i had a crack at a 456 a few years ago, and just barely did fail to pull the trigger (auto). what a beautiful piece.

    24. Member Internal Combustion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2007
      Location
      Columbus, OH
      Posts
      5,287
      Vehicles
      JGC HEMI, Prius
      10-06-2012 03:10 PM #374
      Every time I see a Fit drive down the road, I wonder if the owner has a F40 in addition.

      Congrats on the F40 and being open. I used to live in the same area as Jas (RufMD) and he welcomed me to his home 2x to see his collection (at the time F40, F50, 360CS, Carerra GT, 911 GT3RS) in 2008 and let me sit in his US F40 with 1640 miles at the time. He even started it. It was fantastic.

      2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7


      Formerly: E92 335xi- 12.2@115 - JB4 and 40% E85 only - 1.74 60'

    25. Member Sherpa23F's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 21st, 2012
      Location
      Rocky Mountains
      Posts
      414
      Vehicles
      The Holy Grail, something else V12 powered, V8 race car, all made in Maranello. Plus a '67 911.
      10-06-2012 06:14 PM #375
      Quote Originally Posted by Internal Combustion View Post
      Every time I see a Fit drive down the road, I wonder if the owner has a F40 in addition.

      Congrats on the F40 and being open. I used to live in the same area as Jas (RufMD) and he welcomed me to his home 2x to see his collection (at the time F40, F50, 360CS, Carerra GT, 911 GT3RS) in 2008 and let me sit in his US F40 with 1640 miles at the time. He even started it. It was fantastic.


      Have you seen Jas's latest? Very interesting.

    For advertising information click HERE

    Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    « Back