VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Has anyone installed RAIN GUARDS / WINDOW DEFLECTORS I'd like to see pics

21K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  GTINC 
#1 ·
like it says guys... I hate waking up in the morning and having "morning dew" on my car and i can drive with the windows down for the first 10 min because the water on the roof loves to pour into the windows:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
i don't like the look of window deflectors but maybe a few pics could change my mind:rolleyes:

#5 · (Edited)
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41076

Edit: pics in the link have them.

Didn't get them for the look, but I like it. The draw back is they squeak and rattle while they settle in. After they settle in they'll be better but will give ya a little rattle with the windows open when you hit bumps.

#12 ·
Well with all the positive feedback of the weathertech ones ill be ordering them as soon as I can. Thanks for all the input and info.

#15 ·
Those don't look bad at all even on a white car, and should look even better on a dark car (like my CSG R). I have window rain deflectors on my pickup and LOVE them, crack the windows while parked in the sun or driving in the rain, no problem, a real practical addition. Thanks.

#16 ·
I purchased weather tech for my 3 door but haven't put them on yet.

Will post pics after tints are dry! There are still little bubbles and no sun for them to bake in. Hopefully they'll be fine once the sun comes out here in NY.. in 60 degree weather :confused:

In the meantime, anybody with a 3 door rocking deflectors? :D

#18 ·
My ones from weathertech have been on order since the 6th Sep, must be a back log for the four door ones ?

They are estimating being back in stock on 10/26 !

#22 ·
Hey guys I did the installed the deflectors this weekend. Question though.. I rolled my windows down today and when I rolled them up, they were wet. I did wash my car yesterday and dried the windows.

But since weather tech made a big disclaimer on installing product outside of weather lining.. I have to make sure I did it right.

It probably is a normal situation caused by wet felt, but gotta make sure! Water can't seep thru interior door panel if these deflectors are installed incorrectly right?

Sent from my SGH-T999

#23 ·
Hey guys I did the installed the deflectors this weekend. Question though.. I rolled my windows down today and when I rolled them up, they were wet. I did wash my car yesterday and dried the windows.

But since weather tech made a big disclaimer on installing product outside of weather lining.. I have to make sure I did it right.

It probably is a normal situation caused by wet felt, but gotta make sure! Water can't seep thru interior door panel if these deflectors are installed incorrectly right? ....
Of course, cars are not designed to prevent water from passing thru the door on the outboard side of the glass to the drains in the bottom of the door to the outside. The Golf Mk6 is just like any other car. There would not likely be moisture on the inside glass surface.

#27 ·
Thanks for the replies. I do remember that happening in my old car. Just had to make sure. Hardly happens when u roll down dry windows and have it come up wet. Usually wet from rain when you roll down anyway.

Are these hard to come by? They were in stock when I ordered. Should be universal fit for golf/gti :D

Sent from my SGH-T999

#30 ·
Mine finally arrived on Friday. Took a long time to get them.

They are made in Germany. Weathertech ones.

I removed the labels by heating up the stickers with a heater gun, and then using Goof-off to get the adhesive material off.

Looks clean on my car. I've been keeping the windows closed for now and parking outside to let the heat and pressure help with their fit...

I'll take some better outdoor pics later...

#33 ·
During the hurricane, sand blew into the crevices btw the visors and the window. While I rolled windows up and down, the sand managed to scratch the glass. Its a really fine scratch but be careful after any storm. Hose down any debris that might be trapped btwn the visors before driving!

Sent from my SGH-T999

#34 ·
Scratch was on the outside of the glass I assume ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.