Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: AC compressor question:

1. 10-01-2012 11:59 PM #1
      Does AC compressor only activate when the radiator fan is on high speed? Today my ac stopped blowing cold air without warning but the radiator fan is working but only on the low speed. Fan never went in high speed when I let it idled. Car does not overheat even when the outside temp was over 100 degress. I check all the fuses on the battery top as well in the inside. It may have to do with the aux fan control module. What do guys think.

Vehicles
      98 GTI VR6 S/C, 98 GTI VR6, 97 GTI VR6 DE, 02 2.0L jetta wagon, 03 GTI VR6, Haro Mirra 540 Air
      10-02-2012 12:25 PM #2
      year make model

3. 10-02-2012 10:58 PM #3
      03 Jetta VR6. I checked the high pressure switch and they are in working condition. Could it be the radiator thermo switch and or the coolant fan control module? I don't see the relation between the AC compressor not turning on. The fan low speed is functioning when AC is on but blowing hot air.. The fan high speed is not turning on whatsoever.

Vehicles
      98 GTI VR6 S/C, 98 GTI VR6, 97 GTI VR6 DE, 02 2.0L jetta wagon, 03 GTI VR6, Haro Mirra 540 Air
      10-02-2012 11:19 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Rice Rice Baby View Post
      03 Jetta VR6. I checked the high pressure switch and they are in working condition. Could it be the radiator thermo switch and or the coolant fan control module? I don't see the relation between the AC compressor not turning on. The fan low speed is functioning when AC is on but blowing hot air.. The fan high speed is not turning on whatsoever.
      well there is direct relation with the fans and ac being on. with out the fans on the ac will not work. so lets ee what is going on....

with ac on, compressor is on and low speed fan is running constantly. so if you say the fans are on and compressor is not, i would check compressor opperation, ac fuses, or maybe temp sensor.

if the high speed fans are not on that is a seperate issue. they come on when the coolant system reaches the desired temp (98-101C). if they dont come on, jump the 3 pin connector of EACH FAN. if the fan has 2 speeds then more diag will need to be required.

5. n00b
      10-05-2012 03:48 AM #5
      I think there is no relation between high speed fan and an AC compressor. You need not worry about that.