Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: LOCATION CHANGE - Tacoma Area Get Together October 11th presented by Idle Style

1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      93' 325is
      10-02-2012 01:44 AM #1
      We are changing the location again, Farrelli's has proven to be a bit too expensive for most.

We have decided on Cloverleaf on 6th Ave, we will park across the street in the Grocery Outlet parking lot. They have a large menu, great food, a bar, are inexpensive, and all ages are still welcome.

We will park our cars across the street in the Grocery Outlet parking lot around 7:30.

Then we will go into eat at 8:00pm.

Message us if you have any questions

All Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, Makes and Models are welcome

INVITE YOU FRIENDS!

Cloverleaf Pizza - 6430 6th Ave. Tacoma, WA 98406
      http://cloverleafpizza.com/

and LIKE our page!
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Idle-Style/

Facebook event page
      https://www.facebook.com/events/316826091749382/

Vehicles
      '92 s/cVR6 Corrado, mk3 jetta city (x2), '71 Karmann Ghia, '74 Saab Sonnett III, '66 Beetle
      10-02-2012 12:27 PM #2
      Clover Leaf

car shows
      DIRTBAG.

Signature Reflection Detail Co.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      01 Toyota 4runner sr5
      10-02-2012 01:03 PM #3
      Farelli's is expensive?
      oh herro.

Vehicles
      '92 s/cVR6 Corrado, mk3 jetta city (x2), '71 Karmann Ghia, '74 Saab Sonnett III, '66 Beetle
      10-02-2012 02:51 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by wRek View Post
      Farelli's is expensive?
      For what you're getting, yes. Certainly the atmosphere isn't worth a $23 anything
      DIRTBAG.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      01 Toyota 4runner sr5
      10-02-2012 02:52 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by karlorado View Post
      For what you're getting, yes. Certainly the atmosphere isn't worth a $23 anything
      Huh.. I guess I've always just bought inexpensive stuff there.
      oh herro.

Vehicles
      10-02-2012 03:02 PM #6
      Well you figure a meal for 2 with a soda or beer??? I've just sworn off chain establishments (and places that sing happy birthday).
      DIRTBAG.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      01 Toyota 4runner sr5
      10-02-2012 03:38 PM #7
      Well you figure a meal for 2 with a soda or beer??? I've just sworn off chain establishments (and places that sing happy birthday).
      Oh well yeah. A meal for two plus drinks, I think $25 is pretty reasonable nowadays. I got takeout Chinese the other day. One order of pork fried rice and 3 egg rolls and it was $15.

Everything is getting expensive.
      oh herro.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      01 Toyota 4runner sr5
      10-02-2012 03:39 PM #8
      Oh yeah... Come clean my car.
      oh herro.

Vehicles
      10-02-2012 03:43 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by wRek View Post
      Oh yeah... Come clean my car.
      I'm workin' on it!
      DIRTBAG.

10. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      93' 325is
      10-02-2012 03:50 PM #10
      what's wrong with cloverleaf? We've only been there once so far. Their food was good and menu was reasonably priced and had good selection, there was plenty of parking across the street.

Food took a little longer than expected but it was pretty full in there, and the taste made it worth the wait, their pizza was great.

Vehicles
      10-02-2012 04:27 PM #11
      Before I turned 21 all I ever heard was how awesome it was, so when the time came I went in with 4 friends to check it out. Were the ONLY customers in there at the time, there was a fully staffed kitchen and 3 others working. We sat down and waited about 7 minutes before someone came over and asked what we wanted so we ordered 3 pitchers of beer and 3 pizzas, 10 minutes later the beer showed up- but with no glasses so I walked over and had to ask for them. After 25 minutes or so we noticed that there was no activity in the kitchen, my friend asked what was going on and the waitress said, and I quote "I'm getting to it, give me a minute and I'll put your order in" (remember we are the other 5 people in there). Another 35 minutes go by and he asks again for the status of our 3 pizzas, she storms off the the kitchen and yells "Why the fu*k didn't anyone tell me this order for these a*holes was up?" She STACKS the pizza trays on top of each other and plops them on the table in front of us then walks off. We said thanks and told her we'd be right back after a cigarette (none of us smoke). We walked out and never turned back, that was 4 years ago and after that experience the stories I heard matched up pretty well. Needless to say they won't receive my business again.

CSB, I know. The parking lot across the street is a good meeting spot however, doesn't ever really seem to fill up.
      DIRTBAG.

Vehicles
      MK4 Jetta
      10-05-2012 02:42 AM #12
      Before I turned 21 all I ever heard was how awesome it was, so when the time came I went in with 4 friends to check it out. Were the ONLY customers in there at the time, there was a fully staffed kitchen and 3 others working. We sat down and waited about 7 minutes before someone came over and asked what we wanted so we ordered 3 pitchers of beer and 3 pizzas, 10 minutes later the beer showed up- but with no glasses so I walked over and had to ask for them. After 25 minutes or so we noticed that there was no activity in the kitchen, my friend asked what was going on and the waitress said, and I quote "I'm getting to it, give me a minute and I'll put your order in" (remember we are the other 5 people in there). Another 35 minutes go by and he asks again for the status of our 3 pizzas, she storms off the the kitchen and yells "Why the fu*k didn't anyone tell me this order for these a*holes was up?" She STACKS the pizza trays on top of each other and plops them on the table in front of us then walks off. We said thanks and told her we'd be right back after a cigarette (none of us smoke). We walked out and never turned back, that was 4 years ago and after that experience the stories I heard matched up pretty well. Needless to say they won't receive my business again.

CSB, I know. The parking lot across the street is a good meeting spot however, doesn't ever really seem to fill up.
      DAMN!!! I Don't blame you for not wanting to go back! Maybe come by and show face in the parking lot before we go in for dinner then?

Vehicles
      mk3 gti vr6, 93 slc, 97 z3
      10-05-2012 11:29 AM #13

ive always told people that place was gross. i have always hated it. someone recently asked me when i last ate there and i realized i never have. i remembered that when i was 5 or 6 ish, i asked my mom if we could go there and she told me that when she went, there was a cockroach under their pizza (this would be about 1986). still havent been but this would be a good cherry popper.

Vehicles
      Fresh Since 2002
      10-07-2012 11:27 PM #14
      I would say it is probably even if not more expensive than farreli's not to mention, the pizza at CL is bathed in grease before it is brought to the table. Farrelis happy hour is awesome too. But i wont show up anyways so... good location with tons of space and no one to really bug ya....
      DCI GTI G60