VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

The power locks in my 02 EV pop top are possessed!

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  The Producer 
#1 ·
For the longest time I was having issues with my passenger side power window. It would not go down at all. The dealership identified the source as a bad window motor and wanted a sickening amount of money to install a new one. I found and purchased a new/used window motor, but before having a chance to put it in, the window started working again out of nowhere. Now the window works, but the power locks are going crazy. I cannot unlock them using the key fob anymore. I have to manually unlock the driver side door and open it quickly. All the locks proceed to lock and unlock, lock, and unlock. The only way to get them to stop is to hit the lock and then unlock buttons on the key fob and that will stop the incessant locking and unlocking. Does anybody have a clue as to what may be causing this? I tried to see if there were any codes that I could read to determine the problem, but had no luck. :banghead: Maybe a bad lock actuator? Any assistance is greatly appreciated. :beer::beer::beer:

Thanks!

#2 ·
The window issue could be frayed wiring. I had intermittent window problems, I moved the switches from one side to the other, still happened occasionally, took it to my mechanic and he found the decaying wire.
As for the door locks, I had the exact same issue but it was a while ago, IIRC it was the lock actuator and it had a tear or hole in a rubber boot and therefore wasn't able to create the vacuum .

Ian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.