Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 8 of 8

    Thread: bulb/city light question

    Hybrid View

    1. Member lance0206's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 3rd, 2011
      Location
      Jacksonville NC
      Posts
      1,098
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta 2007 Rabbit
      10-02-2012 06:54 PM #1
      wanting to replace my headlights and city lights on my 07 rabbit(halogen) however I need some guidance on whats the best white light for both WITHOUT buying a blue tinted bulb? I love the white light but I want to stay away from the blueish tint on the bulb. I know I need H7 and w5w,194,2825. any help would be appreciated
      also a pic would help
      My Signature

      USMC(1371) 02'-11' Semper Fi

    2. Member xJOKERx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 8th, 2009
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      785
      10-02-2012 08:51 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by lance0206 View Post
      wanting to replace my headlights and city lights on my 07 rabbit(halogen) however I need some guidance on whats the best white light for both WITHOUT buying a blue tinted bulb? I love the white light but I want to stay away from the blueish tint on the bulb. I know I need H7 and w5w,194,2825. any help would be appreciated
      also a pic would help
      Vag-Com cold diagnostics off and install LEDs.

    3. Member lance0206's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 3rd, 2011
      Location
      Jacksonville NC
      Posts
      1,098
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta 2007 Rabbit
      10-04-2012 08:02 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by xJOKERx View Post
      Vag-Com cold diagnostics off and install LEDs.
      any clue of what bulbs to buy that shine white and dont have a blue tint on the bulbs?
      My Signature

      USMC(1371) 02'-11' Semper Fi

    4. Member xJOKERx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 8th, 2009
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      785
      10-05-2012 03:18 PM #4
      look at the bulb type you have 168, 194..etc... whichever it is, and look up the same bulb but LED>


      try performanceleds.com they have a LED kit you can get which covers all the bulbs in the car

    5. 10-06-2012 09:46 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by lance0206 View Post
      any clue of what bulbs to buy that shine white and dont have a blue tint on the bulbs?
      Why do you want colored light but not want colored bulbs?

      I doubt that LEDs are the answer - particularly for H7 bulbs! You might get a color that you like but probably at the expense of lower light output and a poor light pattern.

    6. Member lance0206's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 3rd, 2011
      Location
      Jacksonville NC
      Posts
      1,098
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta 2007 Rabbit
      10-06-2012 12:34 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by dennisgli View Post
      Why do you want colored light but not want colored bulbs?

      I doubt that LEDs are the answer - particularly for H7 bulbs! You might get a color that you like but probably at the expense of lower light output and a poor light pattern.
      I want a white light I just dont like the way the blue tint on the bulbs make the headlight shine blue when the lights are off
      My Signature

      USMC(1371) 02'-11' Semper Fi

    7. 10-06-2012 01:14 PM #7
      Got it.

      So you want something like this:

      But you want a blue tint instead of amber. Unfortunately I've never seen a halogen bulb like that. But I don't know why it wouldn't be technically feasible to put a silver reflective coating over the blue tint - so somebody else may have a lead on that.

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •