Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 8 of 8

    Thread: bulb/city light question

    1. Member lance0206's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 3rd, 2011
      Location
      Jacksonville NC
      Posts
      1,098
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta 2007 Rabbit
      10-02-2012 05:54 PM #1
      wanting to replace my headlights and city lights on my 07 rabbit(halogen) however I need some guidance on whats the best white light for both WITHOUT buying a blue tinted bulb? I love the white light but I want to stay away from the blueish tint on the bulb. I know I need H7 and w5w,194,2825. any help would be appreciated
      also a pic would help
      My Signature

      USMC(1371) 02'-11' Semper Fi

    2. Member xJOKERx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 8th, 2009
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      785
      10-02-2012 07:51 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by lance0206 View Post
      wanting to replace my headlights and city lights on my 07 rabbit(halogen) however I need some guidance on whats the best white light for both WITHOUT buying a blue tinted bulb? I love the white light but I want to stay away from the blueish tint on the bulb. I know I need H7 and w5w,194,2825. any help would be appreciated
      also a pic would help
      Vag-Com cold diagnostics off and install LEDs.

    3. Member lance0206's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 3rd, 2011
      Location
      Jacksonville NC
      Posts
      1,098
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta 2007 Rabbit
      10-04-2012 07:02 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by xJOKERx View Post
      Vag-Com cold diagnostics off and install LEDs.
      any clue of what bulbs to buy that shine white and dont have a blue tint on the bulbs?
      My Signature

      USMC(1371) 02'-11' Semper Fi

    4. Member xJOKERx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 8th, 2009
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      785
      10-05-2012 02:18 PM #4
      look at the bulb type you have 168, 194..etc... whichever it is, and look up the same bulb but LED>


      try performanceleds.com they have a LED kit you can get which covers all the bulbs in the car

    5. 10-06-2012 08:46 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by lance0206 View Post
      any clue of what bulbs to buy that shine white and dont have a blue tint on the bulbs?
      Why do you want colored light but not want colored bulbs?

      I doubt that LEDs are the answer - particularly for H7 bulbs! You might get a color that you like but probably at the expense of lower light output and a poor light pattern.

    6. Member lance0206's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 3rd, 2011
      Location
      Jacksonville NC
      Posts
      1,098
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta 2007 Rabbit
      10-06-2012 11:34 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by dennisgli View Post
      Why do you want colored light but not want colored bulbs?

      I doubt that LEDs are the answer - particularly for H7 bulbs! You might get a color that you like but probably at the expense of lower light output and a poor light pattern.
      I want a white light I just dont like the way the blue tint on the bulbs make the headlight shine blue when the lights are off
      My Signature

      USMC(1371) 02'-11' Semper Fi

    7. 10-06-2012 12:14 PM #7
      Got it.

      So you want something like this:

      But you want a blue tint instead of amber. Unfortunately I've never seen a halogen bulb like that. But I don't know why it wouldn't be technically feasible to put a silver reflective coating over the blue tint - so somebody else may have a lead on that.

    8. Member xJOKERx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 8th, 2009
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      785
      10-10-2012 01:19 PM #8
      Sorry - yeah to correct my post the headlights you definitely don't want to do LED ha (Thanks dennisgli), but the city lights you can. got to sylvania and look up your auto bulbs for your car.

      those chrome/amber turn signals do work great, i have a pair on another set of lights i have that have worked for 2+ years without cracking or fading.

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •