APR RSC Exhaust
Shell V Power Pump Fuel
Stock Injectors
Stock DSG

:thumbup:

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#17 ·
APR just flashed my ECU... what a difference.. wow..

Can you list in succession what mods i should do from now to stage 3?

I was thinking carbinaro intake and fuel pump.. then what?

and i want the coilovers too.. and the sway bars..

I plan on getting as much stuff as i can before the sale ends on oct 24..

do you guys do anything for people that buy more gear to help them out? $$$?

Here is the route I would personally take:

APR Stage 1 ECU
APR HPFP & Free Stage 1+ ECU Upgrade
VWR Intake System
APR RSC TBE & Free Stage 2+ ECU Upgrade
APR Intercooler

what are your thoughts about suspension versus engine mods.. which would u do first..

APR coilovers and sway bars i think would reduce body roll and quicker launches.. would u do that after flashing the ECU? OR would u go ahead and get the fuel pump and the intake and exhaust...

thanks..

see you in Auburn

I would start with the performance modifications and then head on over to the suspension mods.

#9 ·
suspension versus engine mods.. on Golf Type R

what are your thoughts about suspension versus engine mods.. which would u do first..

APR coilovers and sway bars i think would reduce body roll and quicker launches.. would u do that after flashing the ECU? OR would u go ahead and get the fuel pump and the intake and exhaust...

thanks..

see you in Auburn

#10 ·
Awesome time there.

I haven't run v-max on my car yet with my remapped dsg launching at 5k should be even quicker!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#19 ·
Does APR recommend uprated con-Rods, or other internals for stage 3? I assume clutch is a must as well

#20 ·
Pretty sure no internals will be necessary for the Stage 3 kit, that would be Stage 4 right? Like the MaxR? I know they didn't do internals on Scottisha's car.

Definitely upgrade the clutch though. You're already pushing the limits at Stage 2+ so Stage 3 will definitely exceed what the stock clutch is capable of holding.

#38 ·
Because I think VW wants to have their top of the line small cars to come with manual only since only enthusiasts would spend so much on a premium sporty small car (Mind state in America still seems to be bigger is better). Hence, the TT RS and Golf R come with manual only in the states.

#46 ·
LOL, I had a Stage 3 MKIV 337 and during an Audi event, I ran door to door with my friends twin turbo Audi RS6, from 70 to 145. All I recall about that run was seeing these HID lights gaining on me in my rear view mirror, and as I was hitting 145mph, a silver Stage 3 S4 came by both of us doing all of 160mph. My jaw dropped! Awesome sounding exhaust on those generation S4's too.

#51 ·
haha! I miss that car, luckily a friend of mine has it but I cant talk her into selling it back to me yet!
Juan, is that you?

#50 ·
Here's a little testing down under....

APR Australia's Street Legal Golf R just made several 10 second quarter mile passes at Willowbrank Raceway, an Australian National Drag Racing Association Ltd certified track.

This vehicle is street legal in Australia and spends most of its time either daily driving or dominating on the circuit as seen in Motor Magazine. This is not a purpose built drag car.

The vehicle is equipped with the following power modifications:

APR Stage 4 Turbocharger System with GTX Turbocharger
APR ECU Upgrade
APR Built Motor
APR High Flow Head
APR High Pressure Fuel Pump
APR Intercooler System
APR RSC Turboback Exhaust System
APR Low Pressure Fuel Pump System
APR Carbonio Intake System
STOCK GOLF R INJECTORS

It's running on 18" VWR Wheels and MT Drag Radials and Sunoco GT+ 104 unleaded fuel.

The vehicle is at full weight minus the rear seat.

Do we have a new world record on our hands?

Find more information about APR at:
http://www.goapr.com
http://www.facebook.com/aprmotorsport/

Find more information about APR Australia at:
http://www.goapr.com.au
http://www.facebook.com/APRAustralia

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.