Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 12 of 12

    Thread: must watch short film. Its BetterIin The Wind.

    1. Member GLi401's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 16th, 2003
      Location
      Warwick RI
      Posts
      2,416
      Vehicles
      1990 corrado 16vT
      10-02-2012 07:36 PM #1
      found this short film today. really inspiring makes me want to go ride so badly. enjoy

      http://vimeo.com/31288625

    2. Member drumonay's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 27th, 2003
      Location
      Amherst, NH
      Posts
      1,185
      Vehicles
      '11 Suby Legacy '06 HD 883 Sportster
      10-03-2012 11:39 AM #2
      awesome video
      Banchwerks A Fine German Tuning Haus 401.335.3336
      APR | Recaro | Techtonics | SPEC | KW | Milltek | Kinetic
      Southern New England's APR Resource

      Mo'vember - drewthestacheman

    3. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 1999
      Location
      The Blueass State
      Posts
      22,268
      10-04-2012 12:28 AM #3
      It seems to take the 'romantic' direction rather than the 'intelligent' direction to riding. That is, however, the majority view on motorbiking to which I'm proudly a minority
      Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

      James May claims that he knows when he is driving a car with character and panache because a fizzing sensation engulfs the root of his penis. -Clarkson

    4. 10-04-2012 09:05 AM #4
      ^^^
      agreed, that video makes me want to bash nerds

      This video makes me want to ride my motorcycle

      http://vimeo.com/46856767

    5. Member AshyLarry's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 9th, 2006
      Location
      Rochester NY
      Posts
      431
      Vehicles
      13 Focus ST, 03 WRX, 93 CBR900RR
      10-04-2012 10:40 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Silly_me View Post
      It seems to take the 'romantic' direction rather than the 'intelligent' direction to riding. That is, however, the majority view on motorbiking to which I'm proudly a minority
      We get it already, ATGATT.

    6. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 1999
      Location
      The Blueass State
      Posts
      22,268
      10-04-2012 06:33 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by AshyLarry View Post
      We get it already, ATGATT.
      Yeah, doubt it
      Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

      James May claims that he knows when he is driving a car with character and panache because a fizzing sensation engulfs the root of his penis. -Clarkson

    7. Member GLi401's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 16th, 2003
      Location
      Warwick RI
      Posts
      2,416
      Vehicles
      1990 corrado 16vT
      10-04-2012 10:17 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by CtotheQ View Post
      ^^^
      agreed, that video makes me want to bash nerds

      This video makes me want to ride my motorcycle

      http://vimeo.com/46856767

      spoken like a true squid
      dont get me wrong I do love isle of man, moto gp, wsbk, etc. and i do love riding my sport bikes. but the track is where i love to ride those bikes and this video reminds me of why i ride, period. i like to take my thurxton out and just ride. enjoy the ride. enjoy being on the bike. when i want to go fast thats a thrill and the track is the only place i can do that

    8. Member drumonay's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 27th, 2003
      Location
      Amherst, NH
      Posts
      1,185
      Vehicles
      '11 Suby Legacy '06 HD 883 Sportster
      10-05-2012 10:50 AM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by GLi401 View Post
      i do love riding my sport bikes. but the track is where i love to ride those bikes and this video reminds me of why i ride, period. i like to take my thurxton out and just ride. enjoy the ride. enjoy being on the bike. when i want to go fast thats a thrill and the track is the only place i can do that
      this is why i want a track bike... maybe next year
      Banchwerks A Fine German Tuning Haus 401.335.3336
      APR | Recaro | Techtonics | SPEC | KW | Milltek | Kinetic
      Southern New England's APR Resource

      Mo'vember - drewthestacheman

    9. 10-05-2012 11:58 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by GLi401 View Post
      spoken like a true squid
      dont get me wrong I do love isle of man, moto gp, wsbk, etc. and i do love riding my sport bikes. but the track is where i love to ride those bikes and this video reminds me of why i ride, period. i like to take my thurxton out and just ride. enjoy the ride. enjoy being on the bike. when i want to go fast thats a thrill and the track is the only place i can do that

      I was more saying that it seems like guys like that are on a bike because they want that "image", want to be seen on a bike in their sweet retro helmet and awesome glasses. I'm all about just being on a bike and cruising around. Of course I only watched about a minute of the video and am being a jerk.
      Last edited by CtotheQ; 10-05-2012 at 12:46 PM.

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 13th, 2009
      Location
      (202)
      Posts
      787
      Vehicles
      Miata, Bike, Bike, Bicycle.
      10-05-2012 04:12 PM #10
      I still can't find the vid that most made me want to ride. Some guy stops to take a piss, then can't get his rig started again, and he gets pissed...
      everything is a bottle opener if you're savvy enough -- Chapel
      I ♥ snap oversteer

    11. Member PlatinumGLS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2003
      Location
      Shelby Township, MI
      Posts
      15,199
      Vehicles
      5.7, 5.3, 2.0T & 1.0
      10-05-2012 04:24 PM #11
      Weren't these guys on the show "Cafe Racer"?

    12. Member
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2007
      Location
      Fussa, Japan
      Posts
      531
      10-06-2012 03:50 AM #12
      alt country, fake vintage film post effects, beards, iffy tattoos


      yup, hipsters.

      as goofy as it is, some nice riding footage in there

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •