Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2009 Jetta SE Aux Function Not Working

Vehicles
      2006 T.Red GTI
      10-02-2012 09:20 PM #1
      So picked up a certified pre-owned 2009 Jetta SE this past weekend for the wife.

She loves the car and found that there's a ipod connector in the glovebox and also a aux input in the center armrest. Since we are both android users, I took out the owners manual and read that after the aux cable is plugged in, hold the "CD" button and it will switch over to "aux".

Press it and held it and nothing happens when the aux cable is plugged in (both ends, phone and in aux port). It just keep saying "no cd" and switch back to radio.

Wondering if there's something wrong with the cable since the manual said it would recognize it once the aux cable was connected or if it's a step we are missing or if there's something wrong?

If something is wrong, will VW fix it with no money out of pocket?

Thanks.
      You scuffed my Pumas!!

Ni Hao Ma?

Vehicles
      2006 T.Red GTI
      10-09-2012 06:17 PM #2
      bump. Need help.
      You scuffed my Pumas!!

Ni Hao Ma?

3. 10-12-2012 11:41 PM #3
      Hello,
      I had the same thing when I took delivery on my 2009 GLI. The head unit is bad.
      When you have the AUX port in your center console, your radio's "CD" button should
      toggle between the actual CD function and then when press a second time,it should
      display "AUX IN". When that appears, then it will play anything inputing into your
      Premium 7 radio. You will need to get the Premium 7 replaced or fixed. Since, I had
      just bought my 2009 as a certified VW, I had my swapped out with a VW refurbished
      unit.