Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Results 1 to 35 of 99

    Thread: Fastest R32's out there

    1. Member flagg9898's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 6th, 2010
      Location
      NY/NJ
      Posts
      591
      Vehicles
      04 R32T, 2010 Eos 6spd, 95 Cabrio, 95 Wrangler
      10-03-2012 12:08 AM #1
      hey guys.. i have been trying to do research and looking through the forums to find out what r32s are the quickest around.
      i have found a few videos of R's that i feel are top percentile...
      if you have any info or own a R you think might be up there please share
      -1/4 et
      -set up
      -dyno sheet
      here are some videos i found, share what you know!!

      irc R32
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Oc1Bl-cksg

      Wangnutz
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVH0E...feature=relmfu
      <3 R32T
      All About the Spool

    2. Member rajuncajun37's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 25th, 2008
      Location
      New Orleans
      Posts
      6,081
      Vehicles
      2011 FORD .:Raptor
      10-03-2012 12:38 AM #2
      FIRST

      Not da fastest but I'm still FIRST!
      *R32 1518*, biggest head ever to fit in a GOLF!
      Congrats, turd burglar.

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 30th, 2010
      Location
      Seatte,WA
      Posts
      475
      Vehicles
      Mk4 R32T
      10-03-2012 01:39 AM #3
      Don't know drag times, but a guy up in quebec had an R that had 900hp on race gas. He was selling it so I don't know who ended up with it. Here is the link.
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...bo-R32-project

    4. Member UnNameDR32's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2011
      Location
      Huntington, WV
      Posts
      447
      Vehicles
      2004 .:R32
      10-03-2012 01:57 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Mein Schones Auto View Post
      Don't know drag times, but a guy up in quebec had an R that had 900hp on race gas. He was selling it so I don't know who ended up with it. Here is the link.
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...bo-R32-project
      I saw it on Sunday at h2o sitting at the Unitronic booth!

      2004 .:R32 | WiTW'14 | UNIbrace XB | UM = Win
      Instagram: @UnN4m3D

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 30th, 2010
      Location
      Seatte,WA
      Posts
      475
      Vehicles
      Mk4 R32T
      10-03-2012 01:59 AM #5
      Ya that car is bad a$$. I think it has everything you could do on an R32 done to it. Haha

    6. Member Rmeitz167's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 15th, 2007
      Location
      Nashville
      Posts
      4,031
      Vehicles
      turbo mk5 r32 and touareg
      10-03-2012 02:37 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Mein Schones Auto View Post
      Ya that car is bad a$$. I think it has everything you could do on an R32 done to it. Haha
      A United Motorsport tune for starters
      WunderWagens June 10,2012 in Gilbert, PA... 2nd year http://www.wunderwagens-show.com
      UnitedMotorsport r32 cam flash... get one
      My Turbo .:R Build Thread
      WunderWagens Vortex Forum
      WunderWagens Facebook

    7. 10-03-2012 05:47 AM #7
      Not sure if this car is still about but was getting really quick back in 2008


    8. 10-03-2012 05:53 AM #8
      This should end the thread lol

      MK4 R36 x Precision 6776 Turbo = Large Grin

    9. Member younganimater35's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 29th, 2008
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      1,024
      Vehicles
      2004 TR .:R32
      10-03-2012 10:24 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by Slapbladder View Post
      This should end the thread lol

      I f***ing LOVE that car, I snagged the audio from that, the exhaust is my ringer

      Tapatalk 2

    10. Member fish10782's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 20th, 2011
      Posts
      135
      Vehicles
      space ship
      10-03-2012 10:53 AM #10
      go on Bluewaters website, he has a video of his car on the drag strip in denver. wooped a corvettes ass. I think it was in the 12's but don't quote me on that. that engine is no longer in that car. it will be converted to a 5cyl to put him in a different class to beat the top speed on the salt flats.

    11. Member jmh2002's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 28th, 2007
      Location
      FRA, ITA, UKR,
      Posts
      2,005
      Vehicles
      Euro 2001 MKIV 2.8 V6 4motion (5 door) - HGP Turbo
      10-03-2012 11:37 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by flagg9898 View Post
      what r32s are the quickest around.
      Quickest in what respect?

      You mention 1/4 mile, is that you only criteria, or just one of many?

      A lot of cars are optimised in a certain direction: 1/4 mile, standing mile (Texas mile cars), Bonneville, track car, road race, autocross, etc, or simply just a fast street car. The fastest car at Tail of the Dragon might not be the fastest on the 1/4 mile

      And, a oldy but a goody: to finish first, first you must finish - some of the big power cars (and therefore in theory 'quickest') havent always proven to be that reliable...

      HGP-T 450PS, Unibrace, 225/40/18 AD08s, OZ Ultraleggera, Light BBK F&R, Recaro Interior, .:R extras, MFD Navi, Phatbox, JCaps, Neuspeed, PSS9s, H2Sport Stage 3, DLI-Teknik, GC links, bHPP, etc...

    12. Member Xil3's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 8th, 2011
      Location
      South Carolina
      Posts
      210
      Vehicles
      MKIV .:R32
      10-03-2012 12:09 PM #12
      I am curious if people rally these cars

    13. Member Yak Meat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 28th, 2011
      Location
      MA
      Posts
      3,937
      Vehicles
      04 R32, 00 A4 1.8T, 88 911 Targa
      10-03-2012 12:20 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by Xil3 View Post
      I am curious if people rally these cars
      Not enough of them, to expensive, and yeah... its too nice of a car to tear apart for that.
      Garage Sale
      Quote Originally Posted by emmettlodge View Post
      Nothing makes sense on this forum anymore. So I'm going to go masturbate.

    14. Member Xil3's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 8th, 2011
      Location
      South Carolina
      Posts
      210
      Vehicles
      MKIV .:R32
      10-03-2012 12:46 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by Yak Meat View Post
      Not enough of them, to expensive, and yeah... its too nice of a car to tear apart for that.
      I dunno man, seems like someone has a ton of money to do this. Just did a random Youtube search and saw 1 video where there was an R jumping like 10ft in the air lulz it was SICK.

    15. Member Skela's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 26th, 2004
      Location
      Cypress, TX
      Posts
      3,417
      Vehicles
      2004 R32TT, 2005 Phaeton, 2011 A6 S-Line
      10-03-2012 01:02 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by jmh2002 View Post
      Quickest in what respect?

      You mention 1/4 mile, is that you only criteria, or just one of many?

      A lot of cars are optimised in a certain direction: 1/4 mile, standing mile (Texas mile cars), Bonneville, track car, road race, autocross, etc, or simply just a fast street car. The fastest car at Tail of the Dragon might not be the fastest on the 1/4 mile

      And, a oldy but a goody: to finish first, first you must finish - some of the big power cars (and therefore in theory 'quickest') havent always proven to be that reliable...

      funny that.... this should almost be a "where are they now?" thread.

      All I've ever seen of that Unitronic car is an optimistic dyno and flames out its ass. It would be nice to seen some real numbers to go with the hype, i.e. 1/4 mile traps etc.
      Gabes monstrosity definitely made the power, but the engine is out now and a shadow of it's former self.
      Let's not talk about EIP's Stage IV....

      A good point is raised though about criteria... if flat out top speed is the criteria then I doubt there are few as fast as mine, with 210 mph gearing and the power to get almost there... 204 was the quickest to date.
      But take my car around Deals Gap and those guys set up for autocross would kick my ass, no doubt.

      Wangnutz had the engine out of his car after that season. His car made serious power as attributed to his trap speed however, as there is no way around skewing those numbers.
      I don't know the current condition though.
      MkIV R32TT AWIC DSG

      My build thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...es-of-Skelator

    16. Member Lolasaurus_Rex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 15th, 2009
      Location
      CenTex
      Posts
      2,411
      Vehicles
      B5 A4, 08 .:R32
      10-03-2012 01:07 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by Skela View Post
      funny that.... this should almost be a "where are they now?" thread.

      All I've ever seen of that Unitronic car is an optimistic dyno and flames out its ass. It would be nice to seen some real numbers to go with the hype, i.e. 1/4 mile traps etc.
      Gabes monstrosity definitely made the power, but the engine is out now and a shadow of it's former self.
      Let's not talk about EIP's Stage IV....

      A good point is raised though about criteria... if flat out top speed is the criteria then I doubt there are few as fast as mine, with 210 mph gearing and the power to get almost there... 204 was the quickest to date.
      But take my car around Deals Gap and those guys set up for autocross would kick my ass, no doubt.

      Wangnutz had the engine out of his car after that season. His car made serious power as attributed to his trap speed however, as there is no way around skewing those numbers.
      I don't know the current condition though.
      Are you going to the Texas Mile event on the 26th of October?
      @jayyyw

    17. Member JDM-JTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 22nd, 2004
      Location
      203
      Posts
      5,838
      Vehicles
      mk4 r32t /mk6 dsg golf tdi
      10-03-2012 01:33 PM #17
      i believe "lightsout" got in the 10s

      04 R32 10.60@ 133 stock motor. Quickest r32 in North America
      Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Oc1Bl-cksg

    18. Member Skela's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 26th, 2004
      Location
      Cypress, TX
      Posts
      3,417
      Vehicles
      2004 R32TT, 2005 Phaeton, 2011 A6 S-Line
      10-03-2012 01:49 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by Lolasaurus_Rex View Post
      Are you going to the Texas Mile event on the 26th of October?
      I'm scheduled to be out of the country... so it's not looking good.
      I didn't register for that reason. If by chance I am in country I will be going to spectate.

      I'm hoping they put off a Fall Houston Half Mile in November. I'd be able to run that one as it currently stands.
      MkIV R32TT AWIC DSG

      My build thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...es-of-Skelator

    19. Member younganimater35's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 29th, 2008
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      1,024
      Vehicles
      2004 TR .:R32
      10-03-2012 03:59 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by Xil3 View Post
      I dunno man, seems like someone has a ton of money to do this. Just did a random Youtube search and saw 1 video where there was an R jumping like 10ft in the air lulz it was SICK.
      That is Justin wallermans (I think that's his last name) car, cool.video for sure

      Tapatalk 2

    20. Member Xil3's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 8th, 2011
      Location
      South Carolina
      Posts
      210
      Vehicles
      MKIV .:R32
      10-03-2012 04:47 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by younganimater35 View Post
      That is Justin wallermans (I think that's his last name) car, cool.video for sure

      Tapatalk 2
      I would love to see a full video of that thing just hammering a course.

    21. Member zevion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Newport Beach, CA and Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      1,110
      Vehicles
      2013 Golf R
      10-03-2012 05:01 PM #21
      Do MkV's count?

    22. Member flagg9898's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 6th, 2010
      Location
      NY/NJ
      Posts
      591
      Vehicles
      04 R32T, 2010 Eos 6spd, 95 Cabrio, 95 Wrangler
      10-03-2012 05:03 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by jmh2002 View Post
      Quickest in what respect?

      You mention 1/4 mile, is that you only criteria, or just one of many?

      A lot of cars are optimised in a certain direction: 1/4 mile, standing mile (Texas mile cars), Bonneville, track car, road race, autocross, etc, or simply just a fast street car. The fastest car at Tail of the Dragon might not be the fastest on the 1/4 mile

      And, a oldy but a goody: to finish first, first you must finish - some of the big power cars (and therefore in theory 'quickest') havent always proven to be that reliable...

      1/4 mile ET is what i was manly looking for. and preferably cars with license plates
      <3 R32T
      All About the Spool

    23. Member
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2011
      Location
      SoCal and El Paso, TX ;-)
      Posts
      1,967
      Vehicles
      MKIV.:R32 & MKVI.:R 2.:R's are better than one .:R!
      10-03-2012 05:28 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by jmh2002 View Post
      Quickest in what respect?

      You mention 1/4 mile, is that you only criteria, or just one of many?

      A lot of cars are optimised in a certain direction: 1/4 mile, standing mile (Texas mile cars), Bonneville, track car, road race, autocross, etc, or simply just a fast street car. The fastest car at Tail of the Dragon might not be the fastest on the 1/4 mile

      And, a oldy but a goody: to finish first, first you must finish - some of the big power cars (and therefore in theory 'quickest') havent always proven to be that reliable...

      THIS!!!!

      You always see these cars at car shows all shiny and pritty looking. At most you will see a dyno sheet or video of a dyno pull. It's very rare to see actual video of a 1/4 mile pass, standing mile, etc.... It's even harder to find video of these cars putting in some serious work at a road course or Autocross session. Just because a car dynos a big number doesn't impress me. Some of these owners can't handle 240 hp on a road course so the only thing 5-800 hp is going to do is quicken there funeral!!! All my props go to the guys who ACTUALLY drive their cars on a track of some sort (drag, autocross, etc..) and can actually handle all the power the car is putting down! Anybody with$$$ can have a car that puts down XXX hp. It takes a real driver to put up a sub 12 sec et, or pull off the perfect "heel toe" with that XXX hp.
      UNDER STEER MUST DIE!!! As my skills/abilities increase UNDER STEER magically disappears!!!
      Stock is like virginity: Useless and should be gotten rid as soon as possible!!!!

    24. Member JDM-JTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 22nd, 2004
      Location
      203
      Posts
      5,838
      Vehicles
      mk4 r32t /mk6 dsg golf tdi
      10-03-2012 05:34 PM #24
      well we know mine is faster than yours now dont we

      unless i rip my shift knob off while racing ..



      -Mitch

    25. Member Skela's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 26th, 2004
      Location
      Cypress, TX
      Posts
      3,417
      Vehicles
      2004 R32TT, 2005 Phaeton, 2011 A6 S-Line
      10-03-2012 06:12 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by zevion View Post
      Do MkV's count?

      On the MkV front I have to give the nod to Anthony Mitchell in Australia. 11.1 on pump gas and street tires.

      I've a sneaky suspicion he has a couple of more tenths in there too.
      MkIV R32TT AWIC DSG

      My build thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...es-of-Skelator

    26. Member JDM-JTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 22nd, 2004
      Location
      203
      Posts
      5,838
      Vehicles
      mk4 r32t /mk6 dsg golf tdi
      10-03-2012 06:15 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by Skela View Post
      On the MkV front I have to give the nod to Anthony Mitchell in Australia. 11.1 on pump gas and street tires.

      I've a sneaky suspicion he has a couple of more tenths in there too.
      well id honestly not be surprised if lyle showed up to a track on a cool day with some nice tires and did a 10 second pull

      thing is stupid fast .. that 4" full exhaust is a thing of beauty

    27. Member Skela's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 26th, 2004
      Location
      Cypress, TX
      Posts
      3,417
      Vehicles
      2004 R32TT, 2005 Phaeton, 2011 A6 S-Line
      10-03-2012 06:20 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by JDM-JTI View Post
      well id honestly not be surprised if lyle showed up to a track on a cool day with some nice tires and did a 10 second pull

      thing is stupid fast .. that 4" full exhaust is a thing of beauty
      well, until it happens it's all conjecture.
      MkIV R32TT AWIC DSG

      My build thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...es-of-Skelator

    28. Member fish10782's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 20th, 2011
      Posts
      135
      Vehicles
      space ship
      10-03-2012 06:47 PM #28
      My .:R does the 1/4 mile @ mach-chicken speed with a trap time of wicked-re-donkulas

    29. Member JDM-JTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 22nd, 2004
      Location
      203
      Posts
      5,838
      Vehicles
      mk4 r32t /mk6 dsg golf tdi
      10-03-2012 06:58 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by Skela View Post
      well, until it happens it's all conjecture.
      you hear that lyle?

      you better bring that beast to the track!

    30. Member
      Join Date
      May 30th, 2006
      Location
      Mesa, Arizona
      Posts
      2,196
      Vehicles
      '04 R32 w/ HPA FT400 w/ UM tune - '95GTIVR6 - '02 TTQuattro
      10-03-2012 07:13 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by Xil3 View Post
      I am curious if people rally these cars
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3792259

    31. Senior Member PowerDubs's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 22nd, 2001
      Location
      NWNJ
      Posts
      23,489
      10-03-2012 08:20 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by Skela View Post
      210 mph gearing and the power to get almost there... 204 was the quickest to date.


      GPS verified? Any footage? That's hauling ass.
      -Josh
      Current- 06 Phaeton 4-seater 6.0 W12 | 04 VW R32 | 03 Gti 24v VR6 | 00 M Roadster | 12 Kia Soul 1.6 stick | 01 ZRX1200R | 03 KLX400R
      Past- too much too list.

    32. Member zevion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Newport Beach, CA and Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      1,110
      Vehicles
      2013 Golf R
      10-03-2012 08:23 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by Skela View Post
      well, until it happens it's all conjecture.
      Agreed. Only thing that counts is hard numbers.

      Quote Originally Posted by JDM-JTI View Post
      you hear that lyle?

      you better bring that beast to the track!
      And yes, it's about time to get those numbers. I have dyno numbers, now a 1/4 mile is in order.

    33. Member zevion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Newport Beach, CA and Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      1,110
      Vehicles
      2013 Golf R
      10-03-2012 08:26 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by Skela View Post
      On the MkV front I have to give the nod to Anthony Mitchell in Australia. 11.1 on pump gas and street tires.
      Isn't his an R36 TT? I think it should be fasted with the original motor.

    34. Member Dubguy21's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 14th, 2007
      Location
      MI
      Posts
      2,423
      Vehicles
      1991 Jetta GL, 1998 GTI, 1998 Porcelain Blue Metallic Jetta GL(VRT), 04 DBP .:R
      10-03-2012 08:40 PM #34
      Someone recently bought a wrecked R and put a 2.0T in it I think. It was for rallying, and there was a lot a flak on both sides of the argument. It was called the R20. And the 2.0 guys all said the R32 should have been a 4 cylinder turbo awd. Just like the 1.8T - Vr6 argument. It was a cool build. I'm just a little biased, an R32 should have a 3.2 in it. Although a 3.6 is nice too.
      Ask me about VR6 swap info.

      Quote Originally Posted by PowerDubs View Post
      Because nobody cares -there are no pictures of big wheels, slammed suspension, or shiny parts in places you can't see.

    35. Member newcreation's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 23rd, 2003
      Location
      HBG, PA
      Posts
      11,815
      Vehicles
      04 R32T
      10-03-2012 08:43 PM #35
      Heres may daily driven R. Its nothing great 1/4 wise but it was run on 15psi and all seasons. Made two passes that day. Bumped the car to 20psi now need to go again and get my 60ft down lower should be low 11's hopefully

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgYP...layer_embedded
      -JAMES-
      DRIVEN/Built /UM Turbo R - VR NATION

    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •