Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Injectors question

Vehicles
      91 Jetta VR swap, 97 A4 1.8tq, 00 Jetta tdi
      10-03-2012 03:11 AM #1
      I have a 2000 jetta with an exhaust intake and unitronics stage 1+ tune. I'm happy with the power but I want the car to roll some coal. What are some injectors that won't kill my mpg but will roll coal. And if I do injectors to I need to go stage 2

2. Member
      Vehicles
      92 Jetta GLI 1.6TD Ripper (VNT20 Turbo), 86 GTI (Wolfsburg Golf), 86 Audi Coupe GT
      10-03-2012 02:09 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by vr6spooled View Post
      I have a 2000 jetta with an exhaust intake and unitronics stage 1+ tune. I'm happy with the power but I want the car to roll some coal. What are some injectors that won't kill my mpg but will roll coal. And if I do injectors to I need to go stage 2
      coal is bad.. thats just wasted fuel that could be making you go faster if you had ethe boost to burn it..

exhaust smoke makes for some DANGEROUSLY high EGTs..

now that we have that out of the way, do you still want to pour coals?

Vehicles
      10-04-2012 04:54 AM #3
      yup egts get lower with the more fuel you put throught a motor. plus ever high hp diesel rolls coal.

4. 10-04-2012 10:14 AM #4
      yup egts get lower with the more fuel you put throught a motor. plus ever high hp diesel rolls coal.
      This incoherent sentence I think I can make sense of...
      NO, complete fail and wrong. The more fuel you put to a diesel the EGT will go up, if you have enough boost the air will help control it, but fuel in a diesel = heat.

The highest HP diesels will blow smoke, but that is because there is too much fuel to be burnt for the air it has .... ^ egt above. The big boys that "roll coal" do it because they are maxed. There is power in the fuel and they have plenty, too much to burn.

If it is the local cummins crowd you are trying to impress, then you are looking up a dead horses ass. You can "roll coal" but it will be inefficient until you are at the point of overfueling on purpose for ultimate HP. If you want to do that just get the biggest injectors you can and don't change your tune. Then you will have all the EGR your intake will ever want to see, super high EGT, piss poor efficiency, sooted up oil, and the most important you will roll coal...as your injectors will not have the advance, pressure, timing, and boost to deal with the fuel you are throwing at it.

also you may want to save up and get some gauges to tell you when you have melted everything down and it is time to get a new engine.
      I like 1.6l and 1.9l Diesels

5. Member
      Vehicles
      92 Jetta GLI 1.6TD Ripper (VNT20 Turbo), 86 GTI (Wolfsburg Golf), 86 Audi Coupe GT
      10-04-2012 01:08 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by theman53 View Post
      This incoherent sentence I think I can make sense of...
      NO, complete fail and wrong. The more fuel you put to a diesel the EGT will go up, if you have enough boost the air will help control it, but fuel in a diesel = heat.

The highest HP diesels will blow smoke, but that is because there is too much fuel to be burnt for the air it has .... ^ egt above. The big boys that "roll coal" do it because they are maxed. There is power in the fuel and they have plenty, too much to burn.

If it is the local cummins crowd you are trying to impress, then you are looking up a dead horses ass. You can "roll coal" but it will be inefficient until you are at the point of overfueling on purpose for ultimate HP. If you want to do that just get the biggest injectors you can and don't change your tune. Then you will have all the EGR your intake will ever want to see, super high EGT, piss poor efficiency, sooted up oil, and the most important you will roll coal...as your injectors will not have the advance, pressure, timing, and boost to deal with the fuel you are throwing at it.

also you may want to save up and get some gauges to tell you when you have melted everything down and it is time to get a new engine.
      believe it or not, the BIG BOYS dump EXCESSIVE amounts of fuel to COOL THEIR COMBUSTION PROCESS, believe it or not...

after a certain point, you go from producing excess heat, to cooling the combustion.. they are spraying soo much fuel in there that they are more or less cooling the fire...

OP, if you wanna pour coals, you NEED an EGT gauge..

pouring coals is the easiest way to burn your sh*t down..

my car (92 Jetta TD, 1.6TD engine, VNT20 turbo) pours coals.. and i wish i could make better power without the NEED for smoke.. making my car not smoke, is like taking its balls away..

i can tune it for smoke free operation, but it just doesnt like it.. the only way i make good power, is with it smokey on the bottom end..

it wears out my oil in 3k miles.. like, soot laden oil.. its bad, doesnt even feel like oil anymore when i change it..

if the only benefit to pouring coals was added exhaust smoke, i would not do it.. and for you, the only gains are going to be exhaust smoke, added heat, reduced efficiency, shortened turbo life...

you are going to have to change your oil more often, and your bumper will always be BLACK..
      Last edited by Glegor; 10-04-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Vehicles
      1999.5 Jetta TDI 5spd, MODDED
      10-09-2012 12:59 PM #6
      sorry bonehead. your wrong. Sell your tdi and stick with that vr6.

Oh and the hi-hp guys also have injectors the size of my dick and turbos the size of my head. Once you acquire similar characteristics, nobody will knock on you for smoking.

Vehicles
      10-10-2012 01:23 AM #7
      Ok maybe this would be a better question then. I want to go stage 2 on a unitronics tune what is the best upgrade for injectors

8. 10-10-2012 10:00 AM #8
      .216 I would say is fairly good.

Make sure you have a single mass flywheel and good clutch though. It will slip with the DMF especially if it isn't fresh.
      I like 1.6l and 1.9l Diesels

Vehicles
      1999.5 Jetta TDI 5spd, MODDED
      10-10-2012 10:03 AM #9
      Ok maybe this would be a better question then. I want to go stage 2 on a unitronics tune what is the best upgrade for injectors
      Depends on what you wanna do and how much money you have. I thought that my stage II vr6 setup would last me forever and to whatever levels of power I throw at it. Now w/ my turbo/bigger nozzles, I slip it hard. When it's cold it (below 50*), and the colder it gets, the more that clutch disintegrates every time I step on it.