Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2.5L CEL issue

1. 10-03-2012 09:37 AM #1
      Whats going on guys, so i have a 06 jetta 2.5l. I have done all the work on the car my self and after i put my ABD racing intake on the car it threw a CEL for p0171, of course that was 5 years ago when i slapped it on with the K&N oiled filter. so i had to smog my car here last month so the aftermarket intake came off and put the stock one back on with a brand new Bosch MAF because the other 1 was done for. Drove around for about 2k miles with the stock intake on, no problems ran just fine with my unitronic stage 1 flash, so about 700 miles ago i put the aftermarket intake back on with a new AEM dry filter hooked it all up no air leaks and the car ran like a champ until it wanted to throw a P0171 code once again. So i am lost here with ways to fix this annoying little issue, so is the last thing to do buy/make the MAF insert? Any input would help here.....

Vehicles
      2012 Jetta, 2008 Jetta RIP
      10-03-2012 10:24 AM #2
      Welcome to the 06-08 engine, haha.

There is a high probability it's your MAF. Clean your MAF, there are plenty of DIYs on the interwebs. If that doesn't work you might just have to buy a new one.

3. 10-03-2012 06:05 PM #3
      The new MAF is clean and in working order, now i read a long time ago that putting in a MAF insert tricks it so it doesnt read that your car is taking in to much air and thats what my code is (running to lean)

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      10-03-2012 09:04 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by outfit73 View Post
      The new MAF is clean and in working order, now i read a long time ago that putting in a MAF insert tricks it so it doesnt read that your car is taking in to much air and thats what my code is (running to lean)
      my money is on the insert.

OR go with united motorsports' sw and they will have a file for you that takes care of the extra air... with extra fuel!