Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Back in the Day TOP DAWGS need to return

Vehicles
      2001 VW Jetta 1.8t
      10-04-2012 01:35 PM #71
      gotta say tht JB 20th is pretty nice. I do see what you all mean by spending so mcuh on body and paint and turbo and everything else he should have gone for the 02m swap or even the full awd drivetrain

But honestly its a show car and thats what it was built for obviously just to come win a trophy or try to atleast. And that thing is pretty damn nice for what it is.

I do think its only fair that your TD car should run and atleast be able to drive from hotel into the show and back. I missed the show this year. but post more pics of the said TD cars.

Vehicles
      05 Tin Can
      10-04-2012 01:37 PM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by JDM-JTI View Post
      [IMG]BlueTshirtsEverywhere.jpg[/IMG]
      Goon squad!!
      Turn down for what?

3. 10-04-2012 01:40 PM #73
      i like the pile of armor all products in front of his bumper

and the removed intake from his turbo but made sure to leave his fancy expensive clamp on there
      Joosey - DubAudi - Banchwerks - ForceFed Engineering - HighwayStar

PVW 9/11

Quote Originally Posted by uzi did it View Post
      you can compare me to kobe bryant of the vw world. i'm just that good.

Vehicles
      2000 Audi S4
      10-04-2012 01:45 PM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by fouckhest View Post
      your missing the point...JDM-JTI is only pointing out that it makes no sense to use the trans he did on the motor and turbo....is a 1.8t trans coupled to a monster motor....anyone that builds a 1.8t let along a turbo vr6 switches to an 02m...

get your facts straight...kid
      Umm yeah thanks for clearing that up Captain Obvious. I need to get my facts straight when we're talking about personal opinion? haha this guy , oh im sorry, KID.

Vehicles
      2000 Audi S4
      10-04-2012 01:47 PM #75
      i don't own a show car .. i do own your old valve cover though

i drive my car every week and i beat the hell out of it

just hating on people trailering their vws to shows... if it doesnt run .. dont show it

I'm glad it made its way into a nice engine bay!

Vehicles
      Danger Ranger
      10-04-2012 02:02 PM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by mya2gti View Post
      Umm yeah thanks for clearing that up Captain Obvious. I need to get my facts straight when we're talking about personal opinion? haha this guy , oh im sorry, KID.
      1. you made the kid comment first...i was just reciprocating your comment..
      2. opinion may be a stretch in regards to the transmission choice...i would tend to call that a case of "cutting corners"...

either way, i havent lost any sleep about it.....maybe one day we will meet and be able compare notes on what you think is a proper TD worthy build...until then keep sitting behind your keyboard and being an e'know it all

Vehicles
      2000 Audi S4
      10-04-2012 02:04 PM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by Flipdriver80 View Post
      I dont have a show car either... doesnt mean i dont know quality work when i see it.
      but you wish you had one, right?

Vehicles
      2000 Audi S4
      10-04-2012 02:10 PM #78
      1. you made the kid comment first...i was just reciprocating your comment..
      2. opinion may be a stretch in regards to the transmission choice...i would tend to call that a case of "cutting corners"...

either way, i havent lost any sleep about it.....maybe one day we will meet and be able compare notes on what you think is a proper TD worthy build...until then keep sitting behind your keyboard and being an e'know it all
      You haven't lost any sleep, but you're hoping we'll meet one day? Hmm. How bout this, lets stop the arguing, and post up your show car. Lets see it .

Vehicles
      Danger Ranger
      10-04-2012 02:13 PM #79
      You haven't lost any sleep, but you're hoping we'll meet one day? Hmm. How bout this, lets stop the arguing, and post up your show car. Lets see it .
      well its not a show car, that for sure...far from it...but sure, here you go

edit: not the best photos, but i am at work and can not get to a spot to host...these were a couple i found from the mk2 gtg

Last edited by fouckhest; 10-04-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Vehicles
      MKV R32-Bastard HD Buellster
      10-04-2012 02:33 PM #80
      for the record, i made well over 500 fwhp on an o2j in mine.

and someone mentioned coilpac angles. if its a 3.2, hes using 2.8 24v coils.

ok, back to the arguing just wanted to break up the p3nis sword fight in here

Vehicles
      2000 Audi S4
      10-04-2012 02:33 PM #81
      well its not a show car, that for sure...far from it...but sure, here you go

edit: not the best photos, but i am at work and can not get to a spot to host...these were a couple i found from the mk2 gtg

Nice, i like it. But the car in question is still all around way cleaner, the engine bay is obviously shows that . Yeah he may have used an 02J for the time being, but atleast he didn't cut any corners when it came to shaving his engine bay. All he has to do is swap over to an 02M and it would unfortunately blow your car out of the water.

Don't get me wrong .,you got a badass car. PD's are badass , its just that you're hating on a car thats nicer than yours.

12. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      M3
      10-04-2012 02:43 PM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by tattoo24v View Post

Ah, it's good to see you're still around for the occasional reality check

Don't get me wrong .,you got a badass car. PD's are badass , its just that you're hating on a car thats nicer than yours.
      Yeah Houck, you're hating on a car that's nicer than yours. Stop that right now!

Vehicles
      Danger Ranger
      10-04-2012 02:43 PM #83

hey now! i know you put down a lot of power...but your trans was gone thru....i will bet you 5grams of Humboldt counties finest that the blue debacle has not had the gearset cryo treated..if it even has a clutch that could hold 1/2 the potential power....

Nice, i like it. But the car in question is still all around way cleaner, the engine bay is obviously shows that . Yeah he may have used an 02J for the time being, but atleast he didn't cut any corners when it came to shaving his engine bay. All he has to do is swap over to an 02M and it would unfortunately blow your car out of the water.

well i think there are several levels of response to this comment...

1. i never said my car was cleaner...
      2. i will contest that the body lines and flow of my car is much better
      3. i know my bay is not near as clean...however, there is no off the shelf tune for a compound turbo TDI, so i know there is much work to be done in they bay, hense the VERY unfinished appearance...but after many thousands of doll hairs and a 2+yr build, i wanted to drive my car and know that the motor is tried/true an proven before it comes back apart and gets finished properly....hell it isnt even painted, it is only a wrap...
      4. i can promise you, the year that i decide my car is ready to show up at the BBQ for a chance at TD, it will be a close to a proper dutch build as my menial salary will allow

just understand when you are throwing darts, i have commented several times that i am not saying my car is TD worthy...all i have said, is i dont believe that car is either....
      Last edited by fouckhest; 10-04-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Vehicles
      black blob
      10-04-2012 02:44 PM #84

no, not at all.

Vehicles
      2000 Audi S4
      10-04-2012 02:52 PM #85
      hey now! i know you put down a lot of power...but your trans was gone thru....i will bet you 5grams of Humboldt counties finest that the blue debacle has not had the gearset cryo treated..if it even has a clutch that could hold 1/2 the potential power....

well i think there are several levels of response to this comment...

1. i never said my car was cleaner...
      2. i will contest that the body lines and flow of my car is much better
      3. i know my bay is not near as clean...however, there is no off the shelf tune for a compound turbo TDI, so i know there is much work to be done in they bay, hense the VERY unfinished appearance...but after many thousands of doll hairs and a 2+yr build, i wanted to drive my car and know that the motor is tried/true an proven before it comes back apart and gets finished properly....hell it isnt even painted, it is only a wrap...
      4. i can promise you, the year that i decide my car is ready to show up at the BBQ for a chance at TD, it will be a close to a proper dutch build as my menial salary will allow

just understand when you are throwing darts, i have commented several times that i am not saying my car is TD worthy...all i have said, is i dont believe that car is either....
      Throwing darts? I do believe I've been arguing the same point in all my posts in this thread. I never said you thought your car is cleaner, I'm just pointing out that you're criticizing a car that is nicer than yours, simple as that. Now you want to justify as to why you're engine bay may not look as nice, and apparently I'm the one throwing darts. Keep tryin bud, keep tryin.

16. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      M3
      10-04-2012 02:54 PM #86
      Nicer in which ways?

That's a blanket statement with no facts behind it...if I didn't know any better I'd say you were running for president.

17. 10-04-2012 02:56 PM #87
      wait what? its a 20th..? either that or the guys cleaning the car knew nothing about as i asked them questions
      Hey, put your blue shirt back on!
      NEW YORK KNICKS

18. 10-04-2012 02:56 PM #88
      And this is what happens when people take car shows so seriously.

You know you guys are arguing over an 8" plaque, don't you?
      NEW YORK KNICKS

Vehicles
      2000 Audi S4
      10-04-2012 03:03 PM #89
      Quote Originally Posted by Andrew@ORT View Post
      Nicer in which ways?

That's a blanket statement with no facts behind it...if I didn't know any better I'd say you were running for president.
      Um, nice in the fact that he completely finshed the body work on his car, including engine bay. And considering that swapping that car to an 02M trans would COMPLETE THE WHOLE CAR.

Now your boy with the PD would have a little more work on his hands to get his car to the same level. Thanks Andrew

Vehicles
      Danger Ranger
      10-04-2012 03:05 PM #90
      Throwing darts? I do believe I've been arguing the same point in all my posts in this thread. I never said you thought your car is cleaner, I'm just pointing out that you're criticizing a car that is nicer than yours, simple as that. Now you want to justify as to why you're engine bay may not look as nice, and apparently I'm the one throwing darts. Keep tryin bud, keep tryin.
      you just dont get it...your missing the big picture...

Vehicles
      black blob
      10-04-2012 03:10 PM #91
      Um, nice in the fact that he completely finshed the body work on his car, including engine bay. And considering that swapping that car to an 02M trans would COMPLETE THE WHOLE CAR.

Now your boy with the PD would have a little more work on his hands to get his car to the same level. Thanks Andrew
      It's not complete though. Think back to when you were in school in math class and you had a test. You had to show your work in order for it to be right. Even if you had the dead on correct answer, but didn't show any work, you were still wrong. The final product is there, but the fact that the car doesn't run, the work is not shown. Just because the bay is smooth and the parts are khrome, doesn't mean that the car is complete.

Vehicles
      MK4 R32, '14 Jeep
      10-04-2012 03:20 PM #92
      Houck's car >>>> that blue GTI. Given the choice, I'd venture to say that almost every single person who posted in this thread would pick the GTD over the blue one. You say the blue GTI is definitively nicer but most of the people posting here would disagree

Vehicles
      MKV R32-Bastard HD Buellster
      10-04-2012 03:24 PM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by aar0n. View Post
      Houck's car >>>> that blue GTI. Given the choice, I'd venture to say that almost every single person who posted in this thread would pick the GTD over the blue one. You say the blue GTI is definitively nicer but most of the people posting here would disagree
      /thread

24. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI
      10-04-2012 03:29 PM #94
      Quote Originally Posted by aar0n. View Post
      Houck's car >>>> that blue GTI.

Vehicles
      Ls3
      10-04-2012 03:29 PM #95
      Nicer in which ways?

you weren't lying, this was getting good.

Um, nice in the fact that he completely half assed the body work on his car, including engine bay. And considering that swapping that car to an 02M trans would COMPLETE THE WHOLE CAR.
      fixed that for you.

you just dont get it...your missing the big picture...
      don't worry houck, 90% of everyone else see's the point. Plus... being into detailing, when i looked at the car the paint needed work, the uneven body lines stuck out like a sore thumb and i watched 1 of the 50 people cleaning the car drop a microfiber on the ground and pick it up and start wiping again. Swirl heaven...if the owne ris looking, i have room in my shop for a trailer, i can give you a price on paint correction.
      yuksquad.//EE Militia//4EverKustoms
      [B]Owner- All in the DEtails Automotive Detailing

26. 10-04-2012 03:32 PM #96

so did mine in a 1.8t but it didnt make it home from the dyno with all 5 gears intact

but lets be real......the car in question runs like such **** it doesnt matter what it has for a trans
      Joosey - DubAudi - Banchwerks - ForceFed Engineering - HighwayStar

PVW 9/11

Quote Originally Posted by uzi did it View Post
      you can compare me to kobe bryant of the vw world. i'm just that good.

27. 10-04-2012 03:34 PM #97
      Jeez, this is still going on??? The fact of the matter is all the competitors were chosen from a group of judges that seemed to think the cars were worthy of the competition. The judges seemed to have been all over every single car with a fine tooth comb. Maybe if everyone is concerned they should be questioning the judges or event coordinators that choose the vehicles?

28. Member
      Vehicles
      not enough
      10-04-2012 03:36 PM #98
      Quote Originally Posted by 07silverbullet View Post
      Jeez, this is still going on??? The fact of the matter is all the competitors were chosen from a group of judges that seemed to think the cars were worthy of the competition. The judges seemed to have been all over every single car with a fine tooth comb. Maybe if everyone is concerned they should be questioning the judges or event coordinators that choose the vehicles?
      but if we stop arguing now, what do we do until Sowo?

Vehicles
      2000 Audi S4
      10-04-2012 03:38 PM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by 07silverbullet View Post

30. 10-04-2012 03:38 PM #100
      Quote Originally Posted by 20rabbit08 View Post
      but if we stop arguing now, what do we do until Sowo?
      True

31. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      M3
      10-04-2012 03:39 PM #101

I see your underhanded jabs and refuse to succumb to your level of e-thuggery. I'm far from a keyboard warrior here and am only stating my opinion. Thus, what I'm saying is not FACT, though it seems you are taking my words as if they're written in stone.

Whilst I do believe that the 20th is a clean car, there are finer details which were missed along the way. Houck's body work on the exterior is finished for the most part. And, honestly, his fender lines are far superior to that of the JB 20th. Furthermore, anyone can build a 24v turbo and it's pretty common these days. Have you cracked a look at Houck's GTD? It's a twin turbo diesel that has been fully built top to bottom. There is no 'road map' on how to build a twin turbo diesel, it's all trial and error. There is no 'off the shelf kit' for what he's done, it's all from scratch.

If you really want to go check box for check box, compare the cars straight across. Houck's car is an AWD 6spd twin turbo TDI. The JB 20th is what, an R32 turbo with an O2J? I think there really isn't much more to write about at this point. The JB 20th is just more 'refined' whereas Houck's car is more of a garage project that oozes custom work and ingenuity.

/rant.

Vehicles
      mk4 r32t /mk6 dsg golf tdi
      10-04-2012 03:48 PM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by Dreizehn View Post
      And this is what happens when people take car shows so seriously.

You know you guys are arguing over an 8" plaque, don't you?
      well actually its not .. top dog gets 1,000 bucks and their car gets cartoonized and thrown on all the h2o stuff for next year .. all the other classes just get those plaques

so this class should be taken much more seriously than the rest ..

@mike o. Why would they use 2.8 coilpacks on a 3.2? any benefit ?
      Last edited by JDM-JTI; 10-04-2012 at 03:51 PM.

33. 10-04-2012 03:51 PM #103
      well actually its not .. top dog gets 1,000 bucks and their car gets cartoonized and thrown on all the h2o stuff for next year .. all the other classes just get those plaques

so this class should be taken much more seriously than the rest ..
      I see.

#Inevermadeitinlife
      NEW YORK KNICKS

Vehicles
      2000 Audi S4
      10-04-2012 03:52 PM #104
      I see your underhanded jabs and refuse to succumb to your level of e-thuggery. I'm far from a keyboard warrior here and am only stating my opinion. Thus, what I'm saying is not FACT, though it seems you are taking my words as if they're written in stone.

Whilst I do believe that the 20th is a clean car, there are finer details which were missed along the way. Houck's body work on the exterior is finished for the most part. And, honestly, his fender lines are far superior to that of the JB 20th. Furthermore, anyone can build a 24v turbo and it's pretty common these days. Have you cracked a look at Houck's GTD? It's a twin turbo diesel that has been fully built top to bottom. There is no 'road map' on how to build a twin turbo diesel, it's all trial and error. There is no 'off the shelf kit' for what he's done, it's all from scratch.

If you really want to go check box for check box, compare the cars straight across. Houck's car is an AWD 6spd twin turbo TDI. The JB 20th is what, an R32 turbo with an O2J? I think there really isn't much more to write about at this point. The JB 20th is just more 'refined' whereas Houck's car is more of a garage project that oozes custom work and ingenuity.

/rant.
      Yes he has a custom turbo set up, so did half the cars in the show. yeah its a TDI, but that doesn't mean the other custom turbo car owners didn't build from scratch. Get that right.

Don't get me wrong, and I made this clear before , the GTD is a badass . But yes I would agree , the JB 20th is definitely more refined.
      Last edited by mya2gti; 10-04-2012 at 04:08 PM.

35. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      M3
      10-04-2012 03:55 PM #105
      Why would you ask me this question and not Houck?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast