Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Back in the Day TOP DAWGS need to return

Vehicles
      MK4 GTI VR6(rip)/ Gen2 Camaro Z28/ MK2 Jetta(rip)/S2 Scirocco 16v/S2 Scirocco/D2 S8/ '95 GMC
      10-04-2012 03:00 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by mya2gti View Post
      So when I said, post up your show SHOW CAR pics, why would he post up a gargage project that oozes custom work and ingenuity? Rather than the show car that I requested? And yes the JB 20th is definitely more refined.
      Refined would indicate better, perfected. It is neither. It is perhaps more flashy.

Vehicles
      Silverstone B5.5 Passat
      10-04-2012 03:03 PM #107
      So when I said, post up your show SHOW CAR pics, why would he post up a gargage project that oozes custom work and ingenuity? Rather than the show car that I requested? And yes the JB 20th is definitely more refined.
      ^^^^This guy.....
      Quote Originally Posted by spicygimp View Post
      Maybe the walk of shame will teach him not to f**k with PA!

Vehicles
      8v
      10-04-2012 03:10 PM #108

How about you all stop bickering on the internet, go out to your garage, local shop, whatever, and start building?

Sounds good, see everyone at Southern Worthersee!
      VWfiends

Vehicles
      bagged B7 S4 DTM Edition
      10-04-2012 03:32 PM #109
      Hi, I am here for the gang bang
      Floss Filthy x Team Big Shark x Gengstout x VIP Modular

VIP MODULAR WHEELS: I am the East Coast Division Leader for the company, any questions about our wheels or any refinishing we can do for you let me know

5. Member
      Vehicles
      95 urS6, 92 golf, 84 rabbit, 09 hypermotard, corrados
      10-04-2012 03:35 PM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by DRW-CORRADO View Post
      I'm not saying I even came close to winnig TD, but where is there rust on my car?
      im guessing hes talking about the red one

your car was awesome, the red one had wavy fenders and rust
      Cleary Coachworks

I hate red cars

FS OBD1 2.9L European Throttle Body $175 PM me

Vehicles
      MK5 R32T/1200 Buellster
      10-04-2012 03:42 PM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by JDM-JTI View Post

@mike o. Why would they use 2.8 coilpacks on a 3.2? any benefit ?
      no benefit. just something i noticed amongst the many. i just prefer to keep my mouth shut.

i am sure people could nit pick the hell out of mine the year it was picked too. but i didnt make the 1300 mile trip (one way, ) to get into TD. nor did i in any of the 7 years i have attended(all driven to, but once). it was for much more then just the show

Vehicles
      MK4 R32, '14 Jeep
      10-04-2012 03:54 PM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by tattoo24v View Post
      no benefit. just something i noticed amongst the many. i just prefer to keep my mouth shut.

i am sure people could nit pick the hell out of mine the year it was picked too. but i didnt make the 1300 mile trip (one way, ) to get into TD. nor did i in any of the 7 years i have attended(all driven to, but once). it was for much more then just the show
      Hahaha we've been to the same number of H2Os and you've drive about 6x the amount of miles I did to get to and from
      Flickr™
      DubCult.

Vehicles
      MK5 R32T/1200 Buellster
      10-04-2012 04:08 PM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by aar0n. View Post
      Hahaha we've been to the same number of H2Os and you've drive about 6x the amount of miles I did to get to and from
      pssh, whats 18,200 miles just to and from one show between friends

Vehicles
      mk1 coupe mk2 coupe
      10-04-2012 08:24 PM #114
      time to start auctioning off trophies
      VW Fiends German Speed Society Banchwerks PVW 4/08 & 7/12
      Nothing leaves Stock Creep Customz Brokestatus Get Low Unix Performance Gengstout

Vehicles
      04 GTI 24vT, 2013 FR-S
      10-04-2012 10:26 PM #115
      I beat the **** out of my car last weekend, felt good. also for anyone wondering i did every single thing to my car myself, minus the seat upholstery. engine, body, paint, rest of the interior, etc. no shop funding here, just me busting ass to earn money for parts, the rest is just pure labor and a lot of it. my car sits outside in my driveway under a big nasty tree 365 days a year. i just recently bought a cover for it because im tired of digging leaves out of the raintray. and the fact that the acid stains the damn paint. bought the car stock in spring 2008 after my last mk4 caught fire and burned to the ground .car was in top dawg 09, 10, 11, 12. that shows how drastically the car has changed because without changing it i would not have been invited in that many times. feels good to finally win though, im out of things to do to the car

Vehicles
      '08 GTI, '12 Beetle, '91 Passat
      10-04-2012 10:47 PM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by andrew@ort View Post
      i see your underhanded jabs and refuse to succumb to your level of e-thuggery. I'm far from a keyboard warrior here and am only stating my opinion. Thus, what i'm saying is not fact, though it seems you are taking my words as if they're written in stone.

Whilst i do believe that the 20th is a clean car, there are finer details which were missed along the way. Houck's body work on the exterior is finished for the most part. And, honestly, his fender lines are far superior to that of the jb 20th. Furthermore, anyone can build a 24v turbo and it's pretty common these days. Have you cracked a look at houck's gtd? It's a twin turbo diesel that has been fully built top to bottom. There is no 'road map' on how to build a twin turbo diesel, it's all trial and error. There is no 'off the shelf kit' for what he's done, it's all from scratch.

If you really want to go check box for check box, compare the cars straight across. Houck's car is an awd 6spd twin turbo tdi. The jb 20th is what, an r32 turbo with an o2j? I think there really isn't much more to write about at this point. The jb 20th is just more 'refined' whereas houck's car is more of a garage project that oozes custom work and ingenuity.

/rant.
      oh snap.

20th barely runs. It idles on and off the trailer everywhere it goes. That's ****ing lame. /thread
      // Open Road Tuning
      Instagram: @bryangb
      bags and wheels = build thread

Vehicles
      04/VW/R32
      10-05-2012 12:44 AM #117
      BEAUTIFUL PIECE OF ART.......

Vehicles
      04/VW/R32
      10-05-2012 12:49 AM #118
      ALL SHOW N NO GO.....

Vehicles
      MK4 GTI VR6(rip)/ Gen2 Camaro Z28/ MK2 Jetta(rip)/S2 Scirocco 16v/S2 Scirocco/D2 S8/ '95 GMC
      10-05-2012 12:55 AM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by spitfire481 View Post
      I beat the **** out of my car last weekend, felt good. also for anyone wondering i did every single thing to my car myself, minus the seat upholstery. engine, body, paint, rest of the interior, etc. no shop funding here, just me busting ass to earn money for parts, the rest is just pure labor and a lot of it. my car sits outside in my driveway under a big nasty tree 365 days a year. i just recently bought a cover for it because im tired of digging leaves out of the raintray. and the fact that the acid stains the damn paint. bought the car stock in spring 2008 after my last mk4 caught fire and burned to the ground .car was in top dawg 09, 10, 11, 12. that shows how drastically the car has changed because without changing it i would not have been invited in that many times. feels good to finally win though, im out of things to do to the car
      AWD swap.

I have it, you want it.

Do it.

Vehicles
      87 Cabriolet 16v, 07 Rabbit 2.5,
      10-05-2012 07:41 AM #120
      Yes he has a custom turbo set up, so did half the cars in the show. yeah its a TDI, but that doesn't mean the other custom turbo car owners didn't build from scratch. Get that right.

Don't get me wrong, and I made this clear before , the GTD is a badass . But yes I would agree , the JB 20th is definitely more refined.
      How many big turbo 20th's are there? How many twin turbo tdi's?

Vehicles
      '97 24V Golf, '13 RAM 2500, '13 HD Streetbob, 2011 HD StreetGlide, & '13 ALLROAD
      10-05-2012 08:19 AM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by Andrew@ORT View Post
      I see your underhanded jabs and refuse to succumb to your level of e-thuggery. I'm far from a keyboard warrior here and am only stating my opinion. Thus, what I'm saying is not FACT, though it seems you are taking my words as if they're written in stone.

Whilst I do believe that the 20th is a clean car, there are finer details which were missed along the way. Houck's body work on the exterior is finished for the most part. And, honestly, his fender lines are far superior to that of the JB 20th. Furthermore, anyone can build a 24v turbo and it's pretty common these days. Have you cracked a look at Houck's GTD? It's a twin turbo diesel that has been fully built top to bottom. There is no 'road map' on how to build a twin turbo diesel, it's all trial and error. There is no 'off the shelf kit' for what he's done, it's all from scratch.

If you really want to go check box for check box, compare the cars straight across. Houck's car is an AWD 6spd twin turbo TDI. The JB 20th is what, an R32 turbo with an O2J? I think there really isn't much more to write about at this point. The JB 20th is just more 'refined' whereas Houck's car is more of a garage project that oozes custom work and ingenuity.

/rant.
      Well put! I personally don't even bother looking at TD anymore. It's a f'in joke! All these "check book" cars... It should be for those who build something them selves and is driven in, not trailered. If it stays this way, it's going to come down to has a fatter bank roll....

Mike O, I heart you!
      HUDSON AUTOBODY * LUX * PVW * FRIENDS1ST * SLOW&LOW * BAREKNUCKLE

Vehicles
      black blob
      10-05-2012 09:01 AM #122
      Quote Originally Posted by Craige-O View Post
      Well put! I personally don't even bother looking at TD anymore. It's a f'in joke! All these "check book" cars... It should be for those who build something them selves and is driven in, not trailered. If it stays this way, it's going to come down to has a fatter bank roll....

Mike O, I heart you!
      you literally just described the winner of this years top dawg

Vehicles
      MK5 R32T/1200 Buellster
      10-05-2012 09:07 AM #123
      Quote Originally Posted by alankitzmiller View Post
      you literally just described the winner of this years top dawg
      for this.

and i will agree on the driven in point. i was always under the impression that was rule number one myself.

Vehicles
      LSx hunting.
      10-05-2012 09:11 AM #124
      gwen stefani taught me how to spell bananas
      yuksquad.//EE Militia//4EverKustoms
      [B]Owner- All in the DEtails Automotive Detailing

20. Banner Advertiser Andrew@ORT's Avatar
      Vehicles
      M3
      10-05-2012 11:25 AM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by bryangb View Post
      oh snap.

20th barely runs. It idles on and off the trailer everywhere it goes. That's ****ing lame. /thread
      Hi Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by Craige-O View Post

Mike O, I heart you!
      Thanks Craige!
      OPEN ROAD TUNING
      the best products backed by the best service, guaranteed.
      P: 610.572.2898 // E: andrew@openroadtuning.com // Facebook // G+

Vehicles
      05 Tin Can
      10-05-2012 01:12 PM #126
      Turn down for what?

Vehicles
      Bagged 24v
      10-06-2012 07:08 AM #127
      mya2gti

You're a ****ing moron.

That car is legendary and in my opinion a league of its own. My girlfriend had to tear me away from it, I could've stood there all day.
      I didn't stop to even look at the 20th everyone is talking about. That widebody looks like ass.
      I hate widebody cars, I hate shaved rub strips. That 20th has those.

But oh wait so does the car I posted, but it does everything right, and pulls it all together in one flawless package.

Put your blue shirt back on and lay down
      Buy my wheels: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...2#post84468412
      Quote Originally Posted by pentaxshooter View Post
      Puddles
      Geese

23. 10-06-2012 08:36 AM #128
      Quote Originally Posted by fouckhest View Post
      car was parked in the same townhouse complex as me. i liked it.

Vehicles
      2000 Audi S4
      10-06-2012 09:49 AM #129
      Quote Originally Posted by GiveEmHell View Post
      mya2gti

You're a ****ing moron.

That car is legendary and in my opinion a league of its own. My girlfriend had to tear me away from it, I could've stood there all day.
      I didn't stop to even look at the 20th everyone is talking about. That widebody looks like ass.
      I hate widebody cars, I hate shaved rub strips. That 20th has those.

But oh wait so does the car I posted, but it does everything right, and pulls it all together in one flawless package.

Put your blue shirt back on and lay down

Of course I'll point out your rub strip comment, and if you look back, I said nothing but good things about the GTD, MR. I'm from Hipster Central.

Moron.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234