Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: awesome airbag light from removing the airbag clip to stickerbomb :( fail

Vehicles
      2011/vw/Golf
      10-03-2012 10:36 AM #1
      Hey guys! So i had this brilliant idea to stickerbomb my interior.. and its going pretty smoothly.. until... my husband said it'd be cool to unplug the airbag light that's at the bottom of the stereo ordeal ( i have a mkvi golf) sooo now i have an airbag light on and due to the fact that its registered in NY and I live in VA I have to drive it back home for an inspection this weekend I do not have a vagcom and the dealership says that since we caused it it'll cost n hr of labor to fix.. which is like 32 bucks that I don't have since i bought some snazzy BBS's last week can anyone help me please?

Vehicles
      2011/vw/Golf
      10-03-2012 11:49 AM #2
      I'd be more than happy to swing by someones place or shop or whatever? I'll throw some cash ur way as well for helping me out! We're headed back to NY anyway so anyone along the way would be superb!!

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 Blue GLI-sold 2013 RB Golf R
      10-03-2012 03:45 PM #3
      I believe I can help you out if you're headed north. I'm located in Yorktown and the shop name is in my sig. If you call a gentlemen by the name of David will pick up. Open till 5. If it has to be later I can stop back by the shop at any time to clear the light.
      2004 GLI

Euro Pros Auto Repair
      http://europrosautorepair.com

4. Member
      Vehicles
      10-03-2012 03:55 PM #4
      Also I'm interested in learning what stickerbombing is lol.
      2004 GLI

Euro Pros Auto Repair

Vehicles
      2011/vw/Golf
      10-03-2012 05:21 PM #5
      Hey! Thatd be superb, how much will it cost? ( I'm really low on fundage as we just moved down here and I don't have a job until the end of the month... if it's okay with you can my husband and I stop out tomorrow like 530 6ish? he doesn't get out of work until 4 and it takes an hr to get there according to google maps... When I arrive I can show you all about stickerbombing its really fun and if done right looks pretty fantastical! ( I think) long story short it's plastering your car with stickers, but tastefully.... http://supafly77.deviantart.com/art/...bomb-271482682 this is a semi good example

6. Member
      Vehicles
      10-03-2012 05:49 PM #6
      That sounds fine my name is Jesse and I'll pm you my cell number so you can call me when you guys hit the Yorktown area. I'm not looking for payment so don't worry about it. Just saw the post and it seems someone shouldn't be penalized for an innocent mistake.
      2004 GLI

Euro Pros Auto Repair

Vehicles
      2011/vw/Golf
      10-04-2012 11:07 AM #7
      You're amazing! Thank you very much!!!!! Although I will def throw a bit ur way for helping me out and taking time out of your day!! I'll text you when we're near (we all know VA traffic is never what it says on a GPS)

Vehicles
      1994 Alpine White Golf
      11-20-2012 10:26 PM #8
      I know that in a MK3 you need to have the key turned to Accessory 2 position whenever you disconnect (or recconect?) an airbag. You will trigger an airbag light if not. I don't know your car as well, but maybe its the same idea. Worth a shot, just reconnect it with the key in ignition and clicked over a knotch or two.