Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: will NGK BKR7E negatively affect my car?

1. 10-03-2012 04:03 PM #1
      I have an 09 GLI 2.0TSI with no modifications other than a K&N air filter.

I ordered some BKR7Es because I was planning on getting APR stage 1 on my car.

because of some unexpected bills I am now putting this upgrade off for later

should I order the hotter temperature range BKR6E or will there be no difference and just go ahead and run these?

I'm not worried about the money they cost me less than 8 dollars for the set of 4, but I was planning on doing all of my 40k maintenance this evening. should I order the hotter plugs and skip that step this evening?

Vehicles
      06 GTI BT, 95 BMW 740i
      10-03-2012 04:37 PM #2
      i would throw them in

Vehicles
      '08 GTI, '12 Beetle, '91 Passat
      10-03-2012 05:01 PM #3
      Get whichever the OEM NGK's are
      // Open Road Tuning
      Instagram: @bryangb
      bags and wheels = build thread

4. Member
      Vehicles
      07 RS4, 08 GLI
      10-03-2012 06:33 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by tman152 View Post
      I have an 09 GLI 2.0TSI with no modifications other than a K&N air filter.

I ordered some BKR7Es because I was planning on getting APR stage 1 on my car.

because of some unexpected bills I am now putting this upgrade off for later

should I order the hotter temperature range BKR6E or will there be no difference and just go ahead and run these?

I'm not worried about the money they cost me less than 8 dollars for the set of 4, but I was planning on doing all of my 40k maintenance this evening. should I order the hotter plugs and skip that step this evening?
      as long as you do some hway driving you have nothing to worry about, tho you will have to change those in 3-5k, otherwise your car will overall benefit
      Pay now or pay later, either way, you pay.

5. 10-03-2012 06:55 PM #5
      I walked by a little mom and pop shop during lunch. and figured I would ask if they had the BKR6Es.

They did so I bought them.

now I will just use those and keep the 7s for when I do finally get chipped.

thanks for all the answers