Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: oem side skirts question

Vehicles
      mk3 vrt
      10-03-2012 04:08 PM #1
      guys quick question on the oem side skirts to drill them in the car so they stay still like they did when they came out of the factory where are the places to drill/screw and what screws do you use

thanks!

Vehicles
      97 TR jetta, 87 jetta, 81 caddy, 95 cbr600
      10-03-2012 06:01 PM #2
      strip held on with double sided tape that the skirt pieces snap into then screws along the bottom of the rocker.
      Give wildlife a brake! 4TSQ. WV, Almost Heaven. Where are the moose? Save the Frogs!. Save the whales. I birds. Iron City

Vehicles
      mk3 vrt
      10-03-2012 06:07 PM #3
      There are screws on the bottom of the rocker ? Also I have scene screws in the front wheel wells holding onto the skirt....also what kind of screws thanks for the info so far

Vehicles
      96 VW Golf VR6
      10-03-2012 07:16 PM #4
      In the wheel wells the ends are held in with rivets and thats what they gave me when purchased new strips and the front corners from VW. But the screws I would figure you could just use some of those fancy self tapping screws.
      She keeps tellin me you should sell that POS everyday. And then I consider the alternative. A quiet, boring, lil eco box. And then when im on the on ramp to the highway I punch it and wind out 3rd gear and hear that intake and the exhaust together in perfect harmony as it rips a humongous hole in the ozone layer and causes the spontaneous explosions of tree huggers faces . I my VR6!!!

Vehicles
      95 Jetta 2.0, LG7N Golf Sport, 98 Cab
      10-04-2012 12:44 AM #5
      You can get online and with a little searching find all the pieces you need BN.