Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Dealer overfilled oil again

1. Member
      Vehicles
      10' Golf Mk6 2.5 MT
      10-03-2012 05:26 PM #1
      so the second time my dealer overfilled my oil -_-

Should i just simply drain it through the drain plug? that could get really messy or is it ok? Its about 2 cm above the max line just about where the measuring part ends. I did the last oil change myself but the plan was to alternate between changes to do every 5k. I read up some stuff and there can be really bad outcomes from too much oil. Also not really related but I got the car and it was really hot as hell in the engine bay. Sure hope he wasnt beating the living snot out of it and they know its flashed with bolt ons and was some young Hispanic guy. I had to tell them it was flashed because that rough idle update that had. Im glad he at least told me though.
      5 cylinder FTW

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 Blue GLI-sold 2013 RB Golf R
      10-03-2012 05:43 PM #2
      The best way would be to use a vacuum fluid recovery tank. Have a nifty one called "vacula" and feed the hose down the Dipstick tube. If that's not an option just get under there with the engine cold and loosen the drain plug and let it drain the appropriate amount. I wouldn't think too much into your engine being hot. There might have been a required test drive after the oil change and it was at operating temp when they handed you the keys.
      2004 GLI

Euro Pros Auto Repair
      http://europrosautorepair.com

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      10-03-2012 05:51 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by jaja123 View Post
      so the second time my dealer overfilled my oil -_-

Should i just simply drain it through the drain plug? that could get really messy or is it ok? Its about 2 cm above the max line just about where the measuring part ends. I did the last oil change myself but the plan was to alternate between changes to do every 5k. I read up some stuff and there can be really bad outcomes from too much oil. Also not really related but I got the car and it was really hot as hell in the engine bay. Sure hope he wasnt beating the living snot out of it and they know its flashed with bolt ons and was some young Hispanic guy. I had to tell them it was flashed because that rough idle update that had. Im glad he at least told me though.
      lol, remember that most people here only know the english system....

anyways 2cm is about 3/4 inch...

the thing with overfilling is that it might cause premature failure of the cat converter.... good? not at all...

fix: drain some oil.... and refill if necessary.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      10' Golf Mk6 2.5 MT
      10-03-2012 06:12 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by thygreyt View Post
      lol, remember that most people here only know the english system....

anyways 2cm is about 3/4 inch...

the thing with overfilling is that it might cause premature failure of the cat converter.... good? not at all...

fix: drain some oil.... and refill if necessary.
      haha i didnt even think about that. I also heard that too much oil could aerate the oil causing less lubrication and that you could also blow seals. Those are probably not too likely hopefully. I think ima just go under and crack the plug a bit and clean up. Ill probably do it another day though as its wet and nasty outside. It shouldn't be a big priority I don't think
      5 cylinder FTW

Vehicles
      08 Rabbit 2.5, 14 Escape 2.0 awd
      10-03-2012 09:18 PM #5
      Why not go back to the dealer and have them do there job? You payed them didnt you?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

6. Member
      Vehicles
      10' Golf Mk6 2.5 MT
      10-03-2012 10:20 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by vwluger22 View Post
      Why not go back to the dealer and have them do there job? You payed them didnt you?

no its under the 3 year carefree maintenance. Ill just do it myself no biggie.
      5 cylinder FTW

Vehicles
      08 Rabbit 2.5, 14 Escape 2.0 awd
      10-03-2012 11:19 PM #7
      Oh ok they Are still getting paid one way or another. I would at least call and let them know.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      10' Golf Mk6 2.5 MT
      10-04-2012 07:17 PM #8
      was lazy and picked up a siphon. put the tube down there a few times and its all good. its now at the max arrow which should be fine.
      5 cylinder FTW

Vehicles
      '09 VW Jetta 2.5L auto
      10-06-2012 01:43 AM #9
      I just don't get it. How could a dealer mess-up like that. i can understand on the BMW E9X M3 (no dipstick), but on the 2.5L. Come on give me a break!

Vehicles
      Mkv Laser Blue 2.5
      10-07-2012 10:18 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by jaja123 View Post
      Sure hope he wasnt beating the living snot out of it and they know its flashed with bolt ons and was some young Hispanic guy.
      BAG RIDERS | Work Wheels Japan | Laser Blue | OEM+ | Im In It For The SCENE POINTS!