VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Dealer overfilled oil again

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  OMGitsDUBBER 
#1 ·
so the second time my dealer overfilled my oil -_-

Should i just simply drain it through the drain plug? that could get really messy or is it ok? Its about 2 cm above the max line just about where the measuring part ends. I did the last oil change myself but the plan was to alternate between changes to do every 5k. I read up some stuff and there can be really bad outcomes from too much oil. Also not really related but I got the car and it was really hot as hell in the engine bay. Sure hope he wasnt beating the living snot out of it and they know its flashed with bolt ons and was some young Hispanic guy. I had to tell them it was flashed because that rough idle update that had. Im glad he at least told me though.

#2 ·
The best way would be to use a vacuum fluid recovery tank. Have a nifty one called "vacula" and feed the hose down the Dipstick tube. If that's not an option just get under there with the engine cold and loosen the drain plug and let it drain the appropriate amount. I wouldn't think too much into your engine being hot. There might have been a required test drive after the oil change and it was at operating temp when they handed you the keys.

#4 ·
haha i didnt even think about that. I also heard that too much oil could aerate the oil causing less lubrication and that you could also blow seals. Those are probably not too likely hopefully. I think ima just go under and crack the plug a bit and clean up. Ill probably do it another day though as its wet and nasty outside. It shouldn't be a big priority I don't think

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.