Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Links back to The Car Lounge (opens in same window)

Thread: Is this a scam? lol

Vehicles
      '06 Outback 3.0R; '89 Sierra K2500
      10-03-2012 06:59 PM #1
      You think this is a scam?

To:
      Subject: RE: Reply to your "2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback" Ad on Kijiji
      Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 12:47:35 -0400

so how it works is i pay GC then i have Ramon deliver the car so i can look at it test drive it and what not? and if not satisfied with it i get fully refunded? wouldnt it be easyer to have Ramon bring the car stay with me while i look at it and check it at a mechanic and if i want it i can transfer you the money then he can leave me the car?

Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 18:07:06 +0300
      Subject: Re: Reply to your "2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback" Ad on Kijiji
      To:

Alright, I checked with someone, to make sure we can get this work and I think I found a way to ship the car to Ottawa and this will give you the opportunity to inspect it before making your final decision. At Princess Cruises, we have the option to deliver our customer's packages anywhere within the continent so this way, the car can be shipped using a certified heavy weight truck by one of my colleagues from Freight Shipping Dept. of Princess Cruises. He was kind enough to help us out and he will be responsible for shipping and handling the car, but the best part is that he will not charge us a cent. His name is Ramon and periodically, he has routes all over the country. He stated that he can reach your city in no longer than 3-4 days, so if you are okay with this, I can inform him to stop by my place and pick up the car, then handle the rest of the shipping process. As you can see, I can afford to offer you free shipping because I'm not using a certified shipping carrier but anyway, you can chose your own if you wish, but I will not be held responsible for their fees. Using my way, you can get the car without paying for the shipping process, but I will appreciate if you can tip my colleague Ramon, once he will be there with the car, with a small amount of money (such as 50 bucks). He's a nice guy and he said he will do this for me free of charge, but I'm sure he won't mind.
      I am willing to bare with you all the time, but please understand that I can't afford myself to send the car without having a signed paper or any other guarantee, that's why I insist in using a 3rd party to protect us. For instance, Google Checkout is an option - my roommate used their services one month ago and Ramon delivered the car to the new owner. Everything went fine and she was thrilled how fast they did their job.
      I'm not sure If you're familiar with Google Checkout, but things are quire simple - after registering with Google Checkout (let's call them GC), both parties agree to terms of the transaction, which includes a description of the merchandise, sale price, number of days for the buyer's inspection and any shipping information. GC verifies the accuracy of whole transaction then confirm it to both parts. The buyer will also receive the sale invoice and the payment method (which can be either bank draft, bank transfer or credit card, in Canada only, so your money will not leave the country). Then, the buyer initiate the deposit then, upon deposit confirmation, the seller will be informed to ship merchandise. The buyer has a set number of days for vehicle inspection (5 days, in our case) and the option to accept or reject the vehicle. So, in 5 days, you have the opportunity to test drive the car or have it inspected by your own mechanic, but you don't have to worry about this because I know what kind of car I have and I'm sure you'll love it. If the buyer will accept the vehicle, GC pays the seller, (me, in our case) but if he is not satisfied with the vehicle or is not as described, the buyer must inform GC and they will refund him in full. In this case, I will ask Ramon to collect the vehicle from you and bring it back.
      Either case, the transaction is complete. Once again, all this 5 days I will not receive any money (the funds will be secured by GC until Ramon delivers the car). That's all!
      If you're confused, please reread this e-mail or let me know if there are any other questions, but If you're interested to move forward with GC, all you have to do is to give me your information (meaning your full name, your delivery address and a phone number where you can be reached at your convenient hour) in your next email so I can register this transaction with GC and they will handle the rest of the process. At which time, the car will be reserved for you, then you will be contacted by GC with more details.

I appreciate your time in reading this long rambly e-mail... but I want you to be well informed just avoid wasting our times here with endless discussion. However, for any other questions, please do not hesitate to let me know. One more thing, there are plenty of other 3rd parties over the internet, so I don't insist in GC. If you have one already, no problem here - all I want is a trustful 3rd party to protect your money and insure my vehicle for the entire shipping process. All I want is a smooth, safe and comfortable transaction so we can be satisfied, especially now when Ramon can help us.
      Sincerely,
      Eve

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 2:19 AM, wrote:

ah i live up in ottawa, ON, just how would everything work out for that?

Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 19:11:41 +0300
      To:

Hey, first of all, please could you tell me where exactly are you located because I would like to make all the things crystal clear before we get the ball rolling. Not sure if I told you already (because I'm talking with many other buyers) but the car it's currently parked in my garage, in Vancouver, BC, where I am from. I work as a poker dealer for a well known cruise ship line, Princess Cruises and I'm currently on the sea with a contract, but you don't have to wait for me to make it back home, because you're welcome to collect the car in person, if you are willing to do this or, depends on your location, we can agree for an accessible shipping method.
      Let me know where are you located and which way suits you best, in order to get possession of the vehicle as soon as possible.
      Cordially,
      Eve

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 5:19 AM, wrote:

hi if your mazda is still available can i possibly come take a look this week?

Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 22:47:24 +0300
      To:

Hi and thanks for your inquiry!
      My 2004 Mazda3 Hatchback has very economic 4 cyl. 2.3L TURBO engine and is loaded with lots of options such as black leather, SAT-NAV, automatic transmission, power windows, power mirrors, steering wheel controls, ESP, premium sound, climate control, and many, many other things. Also comes with a luxury-class list of safety features. The interior and exterior of this vehicle is in excellent shape with very little wear and tear. No major damage at all because this car has always been taken care of and never raced or abused, lol
      It is a lady driven car so the interior smells like a "lady" (no smoke, pet or unpleasant foreign odors). There are no known technical problems, no need for repairs, just some minor scratches but no dings or special marks whatsoever and it has 70,400 miles. By the way, the car just had all consumables (including timing belt and water pump) changed at 70,000 miles. The vehicle comes safetied and e-tested and has never been involved in an accident (clean title)
      I need to sell this car because I want to get rid of my apartment mortgage, so my last price is $3,500 - nothing more, nothing less - that's all I need to clear my credit history.
      A picture is worth thousand words, so for the album with lots of pictures of the car, click on this link: http://s1155.photobucket.com/albums/...bay/?start=all
      The pictures are an excellent representation of the cosmetic condition of the vehicle and tell the REAL story of this vehicle but these pics don't do justice; the car looks better in the flesh.
      If you're interested or have any other questions, let me know,
      Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you soon,
      Eve

Vehicles
      1993 JDM MR2 turbo, 2012 golf TDI
      10-03-2012 07:03 PM #2
      This guy seems legit
      I say go for it

There is no Tapatalk, only Zuul
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      But even your average idiot doesn't buy into crap like this! It takes special idiots. It's like you have to be an idiot, and then level up.

Vehicles
      2007 Ford Fusion SUX, school bus turning radius edition
      10-03-2012 07:10 PM #3
      Tell him you need a pic of the engine with this turbo.

Vehicles
      Something I bought at Weymouth Honda
      10-03-2012 07:34 PM #4
      Wait, a 2.3 turbo with an automatic? Does that even exist?

BTW everything else seems legit, just that bit seems wrong. Maybe a typo?

Vehicles
      '06 Outback 3.0R; '89 Sierra K2500
      10-03-2012 07:48 PM #5
      A typo in CAPS? How about the part where the seller ships the car across Canada just to have it checked by a potential buyer? And the ''deposit''?

Vehicles
      1994 Jetta 2.0L
      10-03-2012 08:33 PM #6
      Sounds like a scam to me.
      Quote Originally Posted by VW_Jake View Post
      Can anyone tell me what's up with the MKIII and the ABS light (air bag system).. This is the second one I've had recently that the light comes on and stays.

Vehicles
      KK Liberty
      10-03-2012 09:12 PM #7
      Scam for sure, had a guy that was talking just like this when I was looking to buy a truck off auto trader. Price was much lower than it should be for the vehicle because he was "out of the country and wanted to unload it".

Keep leading him on if you want to waste his time he will eventually ask you to send the deposit check via Western Union to his 3rd party who will "hold" the money until you ok the car, but really he will just take the cash because there is no car nor is there a legit 3rd party that is going to facilitate the transaction.

If you want proof just ask him for the VIN of the car so you can grab a carfax.

I had about 3 different stories going over 3 different e-mail accounts with the same seller, some people like to send fake Western Union numbers to the scammers or if have a few dollars to spare send him 1c to whatever guy the 3rd party is, that way he has to take the time to go to the store hoping to have a few grand and only receives a penny.
      Last edited by Ef1Fitty; 10-03-2012 at 09:15 PM.
      -- Liberty for all!

Vehicles
      2014 Rogue SL, 2008 XC90 3.2
      10-03-2012 09:20 PM #8
      You'd really go out of your way to have a Mazda 3 shipped across the country? Stay away..

I had people try and scam me like this when I was selling my car using similar methods..This guy just took it to a whole new level.

9. 10-03-2012 09:22 PM #9
      Tell him you'll pick it up in Vancouver. Ask for an address and a contact there.
      "This couldn't possibly break, I'll put it way the **** down there." -every German car engineer.

Vehicles
      '55 Ford 351C, '80 Typ 17 AAZ, '88 Typ 53b 9A
      10-03-2012 11:20 PM #10
      Waw.
      Lots of VW stuff|Rare Scirocco parts!
      The family: '55 Ford 351C, '70 TR6 262Olds, '80 Rabbit AAZ, '84 C30 350, '88 Scirocco 9A, '97 Hardbody KA24E, '01 TJ 150AMC.

Vehicles
      VW
      10-03-2012 11:25 PM #11
      Tl; dr

It's a scam.
      "Your pants too tight,your wheels too bright"

Vehicles
      03 Jetta GLS
      10-03-2012 11:30 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by Benkennedy11 View Post
      Tell him you'll pick it up in Vancouver. Ask for an address and a contact there.
      this
      03 Jetta GLS

13. 10-03-2012 11:35 PM #13
      scam. save yourself a whole lot of trouble and buy a local car.

Vehicles
      2.15678L 16V ABA, SN 95 Mustang V8, 2013 Frontier V6
      10-03-2012 11:56 PM #14
      Ask if the buyer has any family in Nigeria or happens to be of a royal family.
      Quote Originally Posted by Preppy View Post
      On a scale from flaming bag of dog poop to drunken sex with a hot stripper... your car is a case of herpes from a girl you picked up at wal mart.

15. 10-03-2012 11:57 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by Ef1Fitty View Post
      send him 1c to whatever guy the 3rd party is, that way he has to take the time to go to the store hoping to have a few grand and only receives a penny.
      Made me LOL. If I did that and they made contact with me again I'd sincerely apologize for the mistake and tell them I'll fix it. Then send another penny. Oops again.

16. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2012 CW GTI
      10-04-2012 09:41 AM #16
      reminds me of this conversation i had

[quote]
      Re: BMW 530i
      TO:Amanda Nelson
      July 30, 2012 10:24 AM
      That sounds like an awesome deal. I will forward all the information to my nigerian uncle, Prince Umpa Loompadeedoo, he will handle the transaction from here on forward. He is blind though, so it would be in your best interest to forward any further corespondence in braille.

To: Yes Yes
      Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 10:15 AM
      Subject: Re: BMW 530i

As I told you in my first email, I divorced, I got a new job and moved to Billings MT. Before leaving I had prearranged the deal with Google Checkout so my presence isn't necessary. The car is located in Billings, at the shipping company, ready to be delivered. The car will arrive at your address in 2-3 working days. The shipping cost is included in the total price of the car! It will come along with it's documents,signed title on the front and back and the notarized bill of sale so you can easily transfer the registration in your name.All you have to do it to visit your local DMV office(with the papers provided) and transfer the registration in your name . You will have 5 days to test it and inspect the 2002 Bmw 530i.After the inspection period in case you don't want to buy it , I will pay for the return , but it will not be the case the bmw is in perfect condition like new. So if you want to make this deal I need the following details from you:
      full name and address
      phone #
      After I will have all this details I will forward them to Google Checkout and I will proceed this transaction. Google Checkout will contact you with all the details that you need to complete this deal and also to see that I am covered by them and that I am legit seller. Waiting your email with the requested details.

Thanks, Amanda

TO:Amanda Nelson
      Monday, July 30, 2012 9:34 AM
      When would I be able to look at the car?

To: Yes Yes
      Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 7:25 AM
      Subject: Re: BMW 530i

Hello,
      Thanks for being interested in buying my Bmw. I'm in Billings MT right now and I have been very busy. Anyway, thank you for your interest in buying my 2002 Bmw 530i .The price is low because I am going trough a divorce, and I had to move with my job. So all that I want to do now is to sell the car at this price, because I need to sell it fast.The title is clean and you will have absolutely no problems to register the car.It is in immaculate condition, rust free, no scratch and hasn't been involved in any accident.It has 99,930 miles(one owner).The motor runs very well it has 6 cylinder, automatic transmission . The interior looks great (NO SMOKING).This car needs nothing. I want this transaction to go smoothly enough as I am caught in the middle of some very important events and have little time at my disposal.I already have tones of emails so I hope you understand that I need to sort them out. The price is $2,400 and I'll take in consideration only those buyers who are really interested in buying the 2002 Bmw 530i, to be sure that I don't waste my time with endless discussions. This way, I shall be assured of the serious intentions.

For more pictures please click on the link below
      www.photobucket.com/530ibmw02

So if you are interested get back to me

Amanda

BMW 530i
      TO:8gng9-3170818453@sale.craigslist.org ,
      July 29, 2012 8:58 PM
      How many miles are on the car? is the transmission manual or automatic?
      i am very interested in this car, please let me know. thank you

17. Member
      Vehicles
      mk3 golf - dd, e46 m3 - wknd
      10-04-2012 11:49 AM #17
      Too much hassle for both parties.

How much is the deposit? What if seller takes your deposit (said $1000) and there is no car.

(the funds will be secured by GC until Ramon delivers the car).
      Are you going to notify GC that you got the car? or the seller will? If the seller will, it's not good.

I believe it's scam. Normally sellers are not desperate to sell car that way; too much hassle.

10-04-2012 12:23 PM #18
      Princess Cruises doesn't have poker dealers. They use those electronic tables
      MemeGate 2012 - First Responder, post #2

Quote Originally Posted by .skully.
      Mike, quote me in your signature

Vehicles
      2012 VW Jetta SE
      10-04-2012 12:23 PM #19
      Tell him you'll give him $5 for the car
      2005 BLITZ COROLLA - 2001 AUDI A4 QUATTRO - 2003 BMP GTI #3918 - 2008 FORD FOCUS - 2010 BAGGED CW GTI - 1995 370 WHP VRT GTI -2012 BAGGED CW JETTA - 1988 VW CABBY

Vehicles
      1993 Corrado SLC 2005 Touareg V8 1961 Beetle 1969 Transporter
      10-04-2012 12:26 PM #20
      99.99999999% chance that car doesn't "really" exist.
      Quote Originally Posted by Rento_VW View Post
      Needs a real Zender wing.... lower it.