Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Where can I find OEM heated Leather cover seats

Vehicles
      2000 VW Passat 1.8 T AWT Manual APR chipped.
      10-03-2012 07:36 PM #1
      Hi there, the driver and pasenger leather seats cover of my Passat are baddly torn, where can I find oem grey heated leather cover seats? I really would not like to replace the whole seats since only the leather part is torn. The driver side is only the upper part and the passenger is the lower part.
      Thanks in advance.
      2000 VW Passat 1.8T GLS ATW Manual APR chipped.

Vehicles
      2004 GLS 1.8T
      10-03-2012 08:27 PM #2
      Call your dealer first. I seem to recall that only certain colors are still available. Now, the dealer price is going to be very high; last I looked, it was several hundred dollars per panel.

You'll probably wind up looking for complete used seats. Hard to find in top shape, but cheaper and easier. Aftermarket covers do exist, but the ones I've seen are not a perfect match, and you'll have the tricky task of transferring the heating elements.

3. 10-05-2012 01:35 AM #3
      I'm an interior upholsterer. I work for Gulfstream Aerospace as an Upholstery Tech. and also do upholstery on the side at home. I would be glad to try to help you out, maybe even repair it for you if you remove the cover and ship it to me. I dont have any leathers that are factory match. If you can get the leather I can help you or replace it with a synthetic leather. I can get that all day at my local upholstery supply. I can get leather also but I have to buy atleast a 1/4-1/3 of a hide. Dealer will be very expensive!

Vehicles
      2000 VW Passat 1.8 T AWT Manual APR chipped.
      10-05-2012 08:24 AM #4
      RCHAPMAM, thaks for the offer, is very helpful and kind of you. I will keep it in mind though. I will do some more research and if I don't find any other solution I will contact you. Cheers.
      2000 VW Passat 1.8T GLS ATW Manual APR chipped.