The car is a 2004 Jetta GLI with 108,000 miles on it. So about 3 weeks ago i was driving down the road and the gas cap light came on. Got home shut the car off and checked the cap and it was tight. All is well. The next day i started my car and no light. Today ( 3 weeks later) im driving home for lunch and had to get on it to get through a traffic light. Got through the light and maybe a 1/4 mile down the road the light came on again. Got home checked the cap, it was tight. Went back to work light was off and no probs. Then on my way home from work this evening im driving maybe 30 mph and the light comes on again, i look up and look back at the dash and its off but the check engine light came on. Car runs fine at the moment so wtf? Also, i noticed after i got home i had to grab something out of the car and i opened the door and as normal the pump primed itself, only it was making a weird gargly sound. Almost like there is an air leak and the pump is drawing air. IDK im wondering if the fuel pump is failing. I have not had a scanner hooked up yet to check the codes, but i will first thing in the am. I figure someone on here may have an idea. Any positive feedback would be much appreciated!