Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 35 of 38

    Thread: My New Interior Trim

    1. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2012
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      1,159
      Vehicles
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 (Gone)
      10-03-2012 10:24 PM #1
      Okay. So I covered my trim with gloss black vinyl. I really love it! What do you guys think?

      Also, you can still see the little squares from the texture of the original trim. Is there a way to make it not show through without permanently removing the texture on the trim itself?

      [IMG]DSCN0669[/IMG]
      [IMG]DSCN0670[/IMG]
      [IMG]DSCN0668[/IMG]
      [IMG]DSCN0666[/IMG]
      [IMG]DSCN0667[/IMG]
      Last edited by einsteinjs; 10-04-2012 at 09:56 AM.
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T Gray Metallic (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T White Gold Metallic (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 Black (Gone)
      My Instagram: @einsteinjs

    2. Member dawookiee15's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 18th, 2012
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      242
      Vehicles
      2012 GLI Autobahn w/nav DSG
      10-03-2012 10:51 PM #2
      I really like it! Definitely adds some class. I'm kind of bored of the tinny aluminum-look trim in my car, how long did it take you? And did you have to pop out the trim?
      ---------------------------------------------
      2012 GLI Autobahn Deep Black Metallic
      APR Stage I ECU + Carbonio Intake

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 6th, 2011
      Location
      Irvington, NY
      Posts
      650
      Vehicles
      2011 VW Jetta
      10-03-2012 11:24 PM #3
      spray with rustoleum filler & sander primer

    4. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2012
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      1,159
      Vehicles
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 (Gone)
      10-04-2012 11:27 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by dawookiee15 View Post
      I really like it! Definitely adds some class. I'm kind of bored of the tinny aluminum-look trim in my car, how long did it take you? And did you have to pop out the trim?
      Thanks! It took about an hour. And yes, you have to pop out all of the trim. You wrap the vinyl around the edges.

      Quote Originally Posted by MaxBlock88 View Post
      spray with rustoleum filler & sander primer
      I dont want to do anything permanent. I have a habit of changing my mind from time to time. lol.
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T Gray Metallic (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T White Gold Metallic (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 Black (Gone)
      My Instagram: @einsteinjs

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 24th, 2012
      Location
      Kentucky
      Posts
      575
      Vehicles
      14 Mustang GT
      10-04-2012 12:30 PM #5
      I like!

    6. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2012
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      1,159
      Vehicles
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 (Gone)
      10-04-2012 05:23 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by rwp View Post
      I like!
      Thanks rwp
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T Gray Metallic (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T White Gold Metallic (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 Black (Gone)
      My Instagram: @einsteinjs

    7. Junior Member GLIf3's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 26th, 2012
      Location
      South,Florida
      Posts
      40
      Vehicles
      2012 GLI Jetta
      10-04-2012 08:12 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by einsteinjs View Post
      Okay. So I covered my trim with gloss black vinyl. I really love it! What do you guys think?

      Also, you can still see the little squares from the texture of the original trim. Is there a way to make it not show through without permanently removing the texture on the trim itself?

      [IMG]DSCN0669[/IMG]
      [IMG]DSCN0670[/IMG]
      [IMG]DSCN0668[/IMG]
      [IMG]DSCN0666[/IMG]
      [IMG]DSCN0667[/IMG]
      i like the TIC TAC's LOL *cheers* have fun
      2012 GLI Candy White 2.0T TSI
      APR Tuned---Turbo Kit-S3 K04-2.0 TSI --- Carbonio Intake - 2.0 TSI--APR Exhaust Downpipe - 2.0T
      Window Tint 20%
      My GLI http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...li-Photo-Shoot

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2012
      Location
      NJ
      Posts
      248
      Vehicles
      2013 PGM Jetta SE
      10-04-2012 08:18 PM #8
      Looks good....and I don't think the texture is such a bad thing, although it is hard to tell from pics.

    9. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2012
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      1,159
      Vehicles
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 (Gone)
      10-05-2012 12:52 PM #9
      Thanks guys!
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T Gray Metallic (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T White Gold Metallic (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 Black (Gone)
      My Instagram: @einsteinjs

    10. Member blucherb5's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 18th, 2006
      Location
      Upstate NY 12302
      Posts
      133
      Vehicles
      2013 Jetta TDI
      10-06-2012 11:21 PM #10
      Looks great. I wrapped by black trim with "brushed steel"-love it, really classes up the car. I also wrapped the radio surround which was much harder to do - may rewrap it since the bottom section where the airbad light sits didnt turn out as well as the rest.

    11. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2012
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      1,159
      Vehicles
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 (Gone)
      10-06-2012 11:24 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by blucherb5 View Post
      Looks great. I wrapped by black trim with "brushed steel"-love it, really classes up the car. I also wrapped the radio surround which was much harder to do - may rewrap it since the bottom section where the airbad light sits didnt turn out as well as the rest.
      Lol. That's really funny. Mine was extremely hard to do as well. Where my airbag light is it didn't come out great and actually split on both sides. If you zoom in on the pic, you can probably see it. I kind of want to do it in the dark titanium too.


      -Einsteinjs

      Sent from my iPad
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T Gray Metallic (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T White Gold Metallic (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 Black (Gone)
      My Instagram: @einsteinjs

    12. Member HD9280's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2012
      Location
      Los Angeles, CA.
      Posts
      1,812
      Vehicles
      14 CC R LINE, 14 Tiguan R Line, 14 GLI AB SOLD, 13 Jetta TDi DIED, 12 Jetta TDi TRADED, 12 GTI AB
      10-07-2012 01:36 AM #12
      hmm... I think you just inspired me to take my radio surround to a paint shop. Maybe permanently paint it piano black?

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2012
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      1,159
      Vehicles
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 (Gone)
      10-07-2012 09:21 AM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by HD9280 View Post
      hmm... I think you just inspired me to take my radio surround to a paint shop. Maybe permanently paint it piano black?
      Awesome idea!
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T Gray Metallic (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T White Gold Metallic (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 Black (Gone)
      My Instagram: @einsteinjs

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 25th, 2011
      Location
      Fairfield County, CT
      Posts
      3,989
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta S
      10-07-2012 10:37 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by blucherb5 View Post
      Looks great. I wrapped by black trim with "brushed steel"-love it, really classes up the car. I also wrapped the radio surround which was much harder to do - may rewrap it since the bottom section where the airbad light sits didnt turn out as well as the rest.
      Pics?

    15. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2012
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      1,159
      Vehicles
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 (Gone)
      10-07-2012 10:57 AM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by Verebs1 View Post
      Pics?
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T Gray Metallic (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T White Gold Metallic (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 Black (Gone)
      My Instagram: @einsteinjs

    16. Member
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2008
      Location
      Elyria, Ohio
      Posts
      660
      Vehicles
      Previous: 2000 Golf GLS / Currently: 2012 Jetta S
      10-07-2012 09:36 PM #16
      Looks good! I feel like they should offer the inserts in colours as an option...I wrapped mine in burberry




      and i did my emblem too with the leftover

    17. Member gt4ever's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2012
      Posts
      399
      Vehicles
      2012 1.4 tsi comfortline (Euro)
      10-08-2012 08:44 AM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by einsteinjs View Post
      Okay. So I covered my trim with gloss black vinyl. I really love it! What do you guys think?

      Also, you can still see the little squares from the texture of the original trim. Is there a way to make it not show through without permanently removing the texture on the trim itself?

      [IMG]DSCN0669[/IMG]
      [IMG]DSCN0670[/IMG]
      [IMG]DSCN0668[/IMG]
      [IMG]DSCN0666[/IMG]
      [IMG]DSCN0667[/IMG]


      cool mine came automatically with this trim and I dig the squares . It looks carbon fiber-ish..:p

    18. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2012
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      1,159
      Vehicles
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 (Gone)
      10-08-2012 08:59 AM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by gt4ever View Post
      cool mine came automatically with this trim and I dig the squares . It looks carbon fiber-ish..:p
      Did you buy yours used? or are you not from the U.S.?
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T Gray Metallic (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T White Gold Metallic (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 Black (Gone)
      My Instagram: @einsteinjs

    19. Member gt4ever's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2012
      Posts
      399
      Vehicles
      2012 1.4 tsi comfortline (Euro)
      10-08-2012 09:04 AM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by einsteinjs View Post
      Did you buy yours used? or are you not from the U.S.?
      My one is an euro jetta. got it new

    20. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2012
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      1,159
      Vehicles
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 (Gone)
      10-08-2012 09:48 AM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by gt4ever View Post
      My one is an euro jetta. got it new
      Pics?
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T Gray Metallic (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T White Gold Metallic (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 Black (Gone)
      My Instagram: @einsteinjs

    21. Member HD9280's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2012
      Location
      Los Angeles, CA.
      Posts
      1,812
      Vehicles
      14 CC R LINE, 14 Tiguan R Line, 14 GLI AB SOLD, 13 Jetta TDi DIED, 12 Jetta TDi TRADED, 12 GTI AB
      10-08-2012 10:15 AM #21
      X2 for pics!

    22. Member gt4ever's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2012
      Posts
      399
      Vehicles
      2012 1.4 tsi comfortline (Euro)
      10-08-2012 10:34 AM #22
      lol will try to get pics later when I finished work for the day

    23. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2012
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      1,159
      Vehicles
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 (Gone)
      10-08-2012 11:10 AM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by gt4ever View Post
      lol will try to get pics later when I finished work for the day
      Is it like this?

      [IMG]image_D7[/IMG]

      [IMG]HighResImage.aspx[/IMG]

      HighRes
      Last edited by einsteinjs; 10-08-2012 at 11:15 AM.
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T Gray Metallic (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T White Gold Metallic (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 Black (Gone)
      My Instagram: @einsteinjs

    24. Member gt4ever's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2012
      Posts
      399
      Vehicles
      2012 1.4 tsi comfortline (Euro)
      10-08-2012 11:38 AM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by einsteinjs View Post
      Is it like this?

      [IMG]image_D7[/IMG]

      [IMG]HighResImage.aspx[/IMG]

      HighRes
      My one is:

      bigger screen radio with the front and rear parking sensors
      darker seats ( may be its the light making it lighter)
      dsg auto like the second pic
      fogs
      same steering wheel
      interior sensors
      same cluster
      basically same everything
      * candy white 1.4 tsi 2012 w/ 4 wheel disc , 160hp

    25. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2012
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      1,159
      Vehicles
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 (Gone)
      10-08-2012 12:06 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by gt4ever View Post
      My one is:

      bigger screen radio with the front and rear parking sensors
      darker seats ( may be its the light making it lighter)
      dsg auto like the second pic
      fogs
      same steering wheel
      interior sensors
      same cluster
      basically same everything
      * candy white 1.4 tsi 2012 w/ 4 wheel disc , 160hp
      Lol. I meant is the Black trim what you have?
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T Gray Metallic (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T White Gold Metallic (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 Black (Gone)
      My Instagram: @einsteinjs

    26. Member gt4ever's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2012
      Posts
      399
      Vehicles
      2012 1.4 tsi comfortline (Euro)
      10-08-2012 12:27 PM #26
      lol my bad..its the same like urs

    27. Member blucherb5's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 18th, 2006
      Location
      Upstate NY 12302
      Posts
      133
      Vehicles
      2013 Jetta TDI
      10-11-2012 08:51 AM #27
      Took pics of my "brushed steel" vinyl trim. Looks darker in person. Tried brushed aluminum but it was too light in my opinion. May need to do the radio surround over- the airbag light location is tricky. sorry for the big pics.


      .

      .

    28. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2012
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      1,159
      Vehicles
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 (Gone)
      10-11-2012 09:04 AM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by blucherb5 View Post
      Took pics of my "brushed steel" vinyl trim. Looks darker in person. Tried brushed aluminum but it was too light in my opinion. May need to do the radio surround over- the airbag light location is tricky. sorry for the big pics.
      Looks awesome! Great Job!
      Last edited by einsteinjs; 10-11-2012 at 09:20 AM.
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T Gray Metallic (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T White Gold Metallic (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 Black (Gone)
      My Instagram: @einsteinjs

    29. Member itskohler's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 7th, 2011
      Location
      Jacksonville, FL/Dallas, TX
      Posts
      4,434
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta, 2008 Jetta RIP
      10-11-2012 09:05 AM #29
      Why does everyone reply and leave the pictures in their quotes?! All it does is create clutter.

      My .02, with the demples in the trim showing through it looks cheap. Fill em, or make sure all of them show, if not for continuity than for cleanliness.

    30. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2012
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      1,159
      Vehicles
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 (Gone)
      10-11-2012 09:20 AM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by itskohler View Post
      Why does everyone reply and leave the pictures in their quotes?! All it does is create clutter.

      My .02, with the demples in the trim showing through it looks cheap. Fill em, or make sure all of them show, if not for continuity than for cleanliness.
      Fixed mine
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T Gray Metallic (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T White Gold Metallic (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 Black (Gone)
      My Instagram: @einsteinjs

    31. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2012
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      1,159
      Vehicles
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 (Gone)
      10-25-2012 01:18 PM #31
      This came in the mail yesterday (thanks to CJetta821)...

      [IMG]photo_1[/IMG]

      Wrapped the sides in the same gloss black and installed... Looks awesome!!

      [IMG]photo_2[/IMG]

      [IMG]photo_3[/IMG]
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T Gray Metallic (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T White Gold Metallic (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 Black (Gone)
      My Instagram: @einsteinjs

    32. Member cbdr18's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 18th, 2007
      Location
      HOUSTON, TX
      Posts
      113
      Vehicles
      2013 VW GLI
      10-25-2012 02:46 PM #32
      I like what you did with the steering wheel! But yeah the small dimples showing on the trim looks cheap. Can you maybe sand them before applying the vinyl
      2013 VW GLI DSG / STAGE 2 APR / AFE INTAKE SYSTEM / BSH THROTTLE BODY PIPE / USP DOWNPIPE / DOG BONE INSERT / AWE TUNING DIVERTER VALVE / SOUTHWEST HOUSTON TEXAS

      ADD ME IF YOU PLAY FIFA! PSN: CBDR19

    33. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2012
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      1,159
      Vehicles
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 (Gone)
      10-25-2012 03:15 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by cbdr18 View Post
      I like what you did with the steering wheel! But yeah the small dimples showing on the trim looks cheap. Can you maybe sand them before applying the vinyl
      Yeah... Ive been thinking about it seriously. I have to order more vinyl though... Sooner or later I will do it and post new pics.
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T Gray Metallic (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T White Gold Metallic (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 Black (Gone)
      My Instagram: @einsteinjs

    34. Member Fixxxer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 15th, 2002
      Location
      Canada Eh?
      Posts
      1,790
      Vehicles
      2014 GLI E30
      10-25-2012 04:47 PM #34
      Has anybody done this in white vinyl? I've been considering doing this to match the Candy White exterior, but not sure if it would look too cheap. I have a highline (the Canadian version of the SEL) so I have the smooth silver trim. I think the vinyl would look a lot cleaner on the flat surface.

    35. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2012
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      1,159
      Vehicles
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 (Gone)
      10-25-2012 05:14 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by Fixxxer View Post
      Has anybody done this in white vinyl? I've been considering doing this to match the Candy White exterior, but not sure if it would look too cheap. I have a highline (the Canadian version of the SEL) so I have the smooth silver trim. I think the vinyl would look a lot cleaner on the flat surface.
      That actually is a great idea! Mine is black on the outside... thats why i wanted the black gloss for the interior... I think the color match makes it look very nice.
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T Gray Metallic (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T White Gold Metallic (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 Black (Gone)
      My Instagram: @einsteinjs

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •