Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: No fuel at fuel injectors?! SO CONFUSED.... NOW!

Vehicles
      2002 Jetta GLS 1.8T
      10-03-2012 09:28 PM #1
      Exactly what the title says.... and I'm baffled!

Here's how it started out, I was thinking I was getting MORE fuel and the car was "flooding itself out" over a sitting period of time. (IE - over night) It all started with the car slowly getting to the point of hard starting... it wasn't an IMMEDIATE thing, it slowwwwly happened over the past eeeehhh 3 months (give or take)! The car started reeking of gas and it would sputter, cut out, run like **** until it warmed up, then it would run FINE... PERFECT, ALL DAY LONG! Until it sat for 8-10+ hrs. It progressively got worse until the car will not start AT ALL! Where I stand now...

I finally started digging into things today, looming around with a VW Buddy, trying to source the problem. BOOM! We found it!!! Atleast we THOUGHT we found it!!! (Another please!) The ignition dizzy was SCREWED, I'll post a picture so you can see. Instant thought, it wasn't getting enough spark to ignite the fuel but enough to SEE (therefor making us think that it had spark!) Made sense in my eyes, the rotor inside the dizzy was slowly "falling apart" which explained the progressive problem of hard starting and such... makes sense right? Well we replaced it... Tried starting the car and it wouldn't crank, I floored it as I turned it over and it caught! Just barely, at about 500rpms, for about 30 secs. You can tell it WANTS to catch, but it just WON'T! Now like it's not getting gas...

... We then moved to checking fuel! When the fuel lines are disconnected/loosened from the fuel dizzy and the car is turned over, it will spewl fuel EVERYWHERE! So I decide that I'm going to pull the injectors to see if I could get to the bottom of the problem, because things aren't making sense! Maybe my injectors are bad, maybe the o-rings were so bad that the car couldn't hold vacuum? I needed to see HOW it was spraying fuel... Period.

It's a "long" story and this is what it has came down to... The battery was dead when I finally got the inj(s). out, so I had to wait for it to charge! In the meantime... I cleaned them, nothing will spray threw them (carb/choke cleaner), I even went as far as soaking them in Marvels Magic Mystery Oil and a Fuel Injector Cleaner as the battery charged. I ordered an O-Ring kit for them and all. I just thought that you couldn't spray anything threw the injectors without TREMENDOUS pressure which I did not have!

Anyways, I finally got the battery charged... I decided to see how the injectors sprayed while the car was being turned over. Nothing. Notta. Just a little trinkle that didn't even DRIP! Just got the inside of the hose wet!? That's WITH and WITHOUT the injectors on the braided fuel lines...?!

... Now I know that the "plate" under the hose that fits on top of the fuel dizzy must rise in order for the continues flow of fuel. I'm thinking THAT is where my problem is! THAT boot has no clamp on it, therefore I THINK that it's not grabbing a good enough suction for vacuum! Make sense? I don't have an extra hand that can reach in the car right now and turn it over while I pull up on the plate and watch the lines, so I'm not positive... but there also remains ANOTHER question! Why would it SLOWLY get worse over time???

I guess my next step will be to have someone turn the car over as I pull on the plate... see if I can get gas to come out! But any help is appreciated! I hope this ALL makes sense, if not I sincerely apologize!

Question is, DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?! Could that be the problem?! And if it's not, I have ABSOLUTELY NO WHERE ELSE TO TURN! So ANY, and I mean ANY suggestions are welcome... Excuse my rambling, but I'm a father of an infant, a sick wife and I NEED TRANSPORTATION!!!!

Mates.... and thanks for the help thus far! If I can't figure this "ish" out, I'm going to WHAT I KNOW!!! And that is Digifant/Standalone or Carbs!!!!
      Jetta AWP 1.8t - GT2860R @ 22lbs, Stage II Eprom Chip/Tune, T25 Mani, Deatschwerks 550cc injectors, Walbro 255, ATP adjustable 4bar FPR, 3" downpipe/testpipe (catless), 3" Borla Catback, Neuspeed Intake w/ Heat Shield, Neuspeed FMIC Core w/ ATP Piping, Forge 007 DV, Sachs Single Mass Clutch w/ 14lb flywheel, Raceland Coilovers, Forge Silicone TIP, SAI/N249/PCV/EVAP Delete, 35A Custom's Catch Can, Aristos w/ 20mm spacers in rear

Vehicles
      2002 Jetta GLS 1.8T
      10-03-2012 09:51 PM #2
      Ok.... that's a no go! I MADE my wife get out of bed to go turn the car over, several times! Pulling the plate up myself and ALL... not a drop of gas! Not even from the lines loosened on top of the fuel dizzy now!!!! Now I'm TRULY baffled!!!!

This is just getting more and more frustrating! You want to know why CIS-E has a "bad wrap"? It's issues like THIS! Haha... I just don't get it!

I mean, I GET IT! The way it works and all, in a sense. But you shouldn't have to take a full course or read an entire book 1000 times over again, to work on your car!! That's nonsense!

I can disassemble a carb, clean it, put it back together and have it running SMOOOOOTH again in a NIGHT! I'm really getting irritated at the of my life!!!!

.... What NOW? I have no fuel!!!!
      Jetta AWP 1.8t - GT2860R @ 22lbs, Stage II Eprom Chip/Tune, T25 Mani, Deatschwerks 550cc injectors, Walbro 255, ATP adjustable 4bar FPR, 3" downpipe/testpipe (catless), 3" Borla Catback, Neuspeed Intake w/ Heat Shield, Neuspeed FMIC Core w/ ATP Piping, Forge 007 DV, Sachs Single Mass Clutch w/ 14lb flywheel, Raceland Coilovers, Forge Silicone TIP, SAI/N249/PCV/EVAP Delete, 35A Custom's Catch Can, Aristos w/ 20mm spacers in rear

Vehicles
      2002 Jetta GLS 1.8T
      10-04-2012 06:43 AM #3
      Got fuel back...

... but ONLY when I pull the intake hose from the throttle body and raise the "flap" in the fuel dizzy myself. I'm guessing that's because it has to have the o rings put back on the injectors and have NO vacuum leak from there?! Hell if I know! I guess we'll find out today!

There's a GOOD spray pattern aswell from the injectors!

Vehicles
      99 lifted jeep xj, 81 caddy 16vt bike carbs, 98 accord
      10-04-2012 06:49 AM #4
      Buy a bentley. If you cant troubleshoot cis, you will not be able to troubleshoot much else(ie carbs, digi, standalone). Good luck.
      Quote Originally Posted by sirmeeps View Post
      yes they are very illegal, dont run them, dont even look at them

5. Member
      Vehicles
      Miata
      10-04-2012 08:25 AM #5
      The threads started by this dude always make me chuckle - especially seeing the aspirations in his signature.

Edit: hey OP, ever wonder why most people don't respond? Happen to remember being a huge dickhole for no reason? Can't ask for help then bite the hand that feeds. Ain't no more food gon' be coming.

Vehicles
      2002 Jetta GLS 1.8T
      10-04-2012 02:12 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Lowenough View Post
      Buy a bentley. If you cant troubleshoot cis, you will not be able to troubleshoot much else(ie carbs, digi, standalone). Good luck.
      I troubleSHOT it... no problemo! With the help of a friend... nonetheless, I've worked on carbs and standalone. Never CIS, so I don't know why people KEEP saying that lol...

I've worked on carbs my entire life....

Quote Originally Posted by Project_2501 View Post
      The threads started by this dude always make me chuckle - especially seeing the aspirations in his signature.

Edit: hey OP, ever wonder why most people don't respond? Happen to remember being a huge dickhole for no reason? Can't ask for help then bite the hand that feeds. Ain't no more food gon' be coming.
      That's funny, I've gotten plenty of help and parts from this site? It seems YOU'RE the only one stuck on the original post. Get over it boss....

... don't need your 2 cents unless they're worth something!

Wait? Why are you on this thread again????
      Last edited by SickAzzGTI; 10-04-2012 at 02:33 PM.