Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Jetta - please help!

1. 10-03-2012 09:42 PM #1
      Hey guys so I have a big problem... I'm inlove with golfs and jetted and the dub look. I'm new to all this stuff but I was forced to get 4 doors and 2.0 for insurance and safety... So dumb but DIDENT big me to much. I ende up with a golf and sold it. Now I got a Jetta CITY.... I want to start playing with my car modding it but does it make any Sence? I want the low n slow look to it.. All the basics... Lowering, lights, tint.. Stuff like that. All cosmetic.. It's slow so no point in upgrading.. I wanted to know what you guys think and what kind of mods you would do or if you would even keep it in the first place? Please help.

Vehicles
      2004.5 Jetta GLI/2000 Jetta 1.8T/1998 Jetta GLS
      10-13-2012 05:46 AM #2
      Wow... Your spelling and grammar are atrocious...

Now, checkout the mkiv forum (model years 99.05 - 05) for all your questions/ needs. You probably won't make the fastest car, but you sure can make it look great...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Good for you, keep driving your Mazda with the vanity plate "PRINCIPLES" and I'll drive my "MAN LOVE"-plated 911 to my paid-for house while wiping McRib juice off my mouth

Vehicles
      93' SLC 92' SLC 02' JETTA
      10-14-2012 04:02 PM #3

I promise you, clean up the grammar and this forum will be the best site you've been on.

Sent while sitting on my ass VIA my iPad
      [B] INSTAGRAM: europeein
      Facebook: facebook.com/addmichael

4. Geriatric Member JUS_GT_EYEZ's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Green MK1, Red Mk2,Yellow Mk4,Grey Wagon
      10-16-2012 09:00 AM #4
      "Its cool to spool, but I'd rather be blown.." - JUS_GT_EYEZ

My FLickr <-- DUKEDLF
      Digital.Life.Form

5. Member shedtearsforwisconsin's Avatar
      Vehicles
      98 Jetta 2.0, 20th AE BMP 1.8t No.1773
      10-23-2012 12:59 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Timoteyok View Post
      Hey guys so I have a big problem... I'm inlove with golfs and jetted and the dub look. I'm new to all this stuff but I was forced to get 4 doors and 2.0 for insurance and safety... So dumb but DIDENT big me to much. I ende up with a golf and sold it. Now I got a Jetta CITY.... I want to start playing with my car modding it but does it make any Sence? I want the low n slow look to it.. All the basics... Lowering, lights, tint.. Stuff like that. All cosmetic.. It's slow so no point in upgrading.. I wanted to know what you guys think and what kind of mods you would do or if you would even keep it in the first place? Please help.
      WTF? rims. coils. tint. your done. if you dont wanna touch the motor.

6. n00b
      Vehicles
      2005 VW jetta 2.0L
      10-24-2012 08:50 PM #6
      I love your situation, because i'm in the same boat. I was going to buy a 2009 GLI but insurance was going to be 600+ a month for me. So i ended up buying a 2005 jetta with a 2.0 engine, big mistake on my part. But regardless i figured, all show no go. sooooo if i were you i would do what i did, new headlights, tail lights, (or just nightshade them), sound system, mesh grill, fogs, and tint. Im waiting the winter out for rims and coils.

7. 10-24-2012 11:25 PM #7
      no advice w/o pics of your car to see what we're working with

b/c if you can't do that, you surely can't fix up your car

you can't search, you can't spell either

lol