Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Will upgrading to full blown VCDS from VCDS-Lite allow me to do auto trans adaptation?

1. 10-03-2012 09:59 PM #1
      Will upgrading to full blown VCDS from VCDS-Lite allow me to do auto trans adaptation?

2. Forum Sponsor Santos@Ross-Tech.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2008 GTI
      10-04-2012 03:55 PM #2
      On compatible vehicles, a registered version of VCDS-Lite is able to achieve the same end results as VCDS. What exactly are you trying to do? what car? is your copy of VCDS-Lite registered?
      VCDS Diagnostic System For VW/AUDI/SEAT/Skoda/Bentley
      www.Ross-Tech.com

3. 10-04-2012 05:54 PM #3
      2005 A4 quattro 1.8T (B6) w/01V 5 speed auto trans. I attempted to perform a transmission adaptation with my registered VCDS-Lite via the transmission controller but the "Basic Settings" button was not active. I thought perhaps that was a limitation of the VCDS-Lite.

Here is the proceedure I was following:

Diagnostic Software for European Automobiles

881 Sumneytown Pike, Lansdale PA 19446, USA

Shop Info F.A.Q. Download/Update Manual Upgrades Literature

powered by

Home
      Products
      VAG-COM
      Support
      Car Info & Procedures
      Automatic Transmission Info
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Automatic Transmission Info
      Updated 1 Sep. 2010

Ross-Tech is not responsible for any damage or problems that may result from following these instructions. They are to be used at your own risk.

Note: These are useful procedures that may or may not work on your particular vehicle. Consult a Factory Repair Manual before doing any modifications to your car. Before proceeding, check the Ross-Tech Wiki for vehicle and transmission-specific instructions.

Basic Settings:

Basic Settings should be performed on an Automatic Transmission after:

Engine replacement .

ECU replacement

Throttle Valve adjustment

TPS replacement

TPS adustment

TCM Replacement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, make sure there are no fault codes in the Auto Trans. Then, with the key in the on position, and engine OFF. Do not touch the accelerator pedal.

[Select]
      [02 - Auto Trans]
      [Basic Settings - 04]
      Set Group to "000"
      [Go!]
      Press accelerator pedal all the way to the floor and count out loud 3 seconds.
      [Done, Go Back]
      Release the accelerator pedal.

It is normal for there to be no explicit instructions or changes on the screen when you do the above procedure. The transmission controller does not provide any feedback that it has been successfully performed. For 09G transmissions, Basic Settings group 001 is used and the accelerator pedal is NOT touched.

Note: In some newer Audi vehicles, you may find that Group 000 in Auto Trans. is unavailable. If that is the case, you should follow this procedure:

First, make sure there are no fault codes in the Auto Trans. Then, with the key in the on position, and engine OFF. Do not touch the accelerator pedal.

[Select]
      [01 - Engine]
      [Basic Settings - 04]
      Set Group to "063"
      [Go!]
      Press accelerator pedal all the way to the floor and count out loud 3 seconds.
      [Done, Go Back]
      Release the accelerator pedal.