Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: First time poster, introducing my Avant.

1. n00b
      Vehicles
      1999 Audi A4 Avant
      10-03-2012 11:16 PM #1
      After being a long time lurker, I figured it was time to officially make an account and begin contributing to the community I love.

I've been jumping from Volkswagen models til finally settling on my 1999 Audi Avant Quattro. Most of her is stock at this point, but after my third year at H20, I think I'm finally willing to invest money into her. It's a 2.8 with 223,000 miles on it, so there's a chance in the near future that an engine swap will be happening.

As for myself? My name is Lisa, and I'm a recently college graduate in Photography, with a father who introduced me into cars way too early. I blame him for my passion for the Volkswagen crew.

Here's some eye candy for you. I'd love any recommendations on places to begin with making the beast stand out. I'm thinking white face 18' BBS wheels as the next aesthetic step.

These were all taken this past weekend in Ocean City. You may have seen me trollin' around with my fixed gear on top.

Vehicles
      99 a4 1,8t quattro, 99 2.8 avant, 2.0 16v mk2 jetta GLI
      10-03-2012 11:38 PM #2
      Nice pick up. Welcome. I'd say(as i'm sure most will) go lower when you can, facelifted headlights and tail lights... And keep us updated on this engine swap. Nice pictures. Can't say I saw you this weekend. Loving that avant though.
      08/16/13 F21 kit, cx racing fmic,2.75 neuspeed turboback exhaust, rai 3" test pipe, ev14 525 cc injectors, maestro 7 tuning, stage 2 spec clutch and single mass flywheel, apr snub and much much more

Vehicles
      1998 Audi A4 1.8tQ
      10-04-2012 12:51 AM #3
      Are those chrome B6 sport wheels? Never seen those before. Nice whip, and uhhhhhh ^ what he said. Low, lights, stance, and fancy.
      I got 99 problems, and my b5 be all of em.

4. 10-04-2012 12:47 PM #4
      From one b5 avant owner to another, nice looking avant! 5MT or auto?

I love mine and can't wait till it snows to have some fun in the snow. :-)

Good luck with all those updates.. It'll add up fast if u don't go with used. Otherwise welcome!

Scott

5. n00b
      Vehicles
      1999 Audi A4 Avant
      10-04-2012 12:55 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Tylerp View Post
      Are those chrome B6 sport wheels? Never seen those before. Nice whip, and uhhhhhh ^ what he said. Low, lights, stance, and fancy.
      They're not chrome, only polished. They do shine up well though!

And it's a 5 speed. I learned how to drive manual back in May and have since mastered it with the clutch still in good shape! I am already quickly learning that this is an expensive hobby. Ugh. Although a completely worthwhile one.

Vehicles
      b5 a4(Sold), 1.8 gli(Sold), b4 vr wagon(Sold), mk2 jet(Sold), 337
      10-04-2012 12:59 PM #6
      How does everyone like their 2.8s?
      I was looking at a 2.8 but wasnt sure how smooth or good on gas they were. Im coming from a 1.8 now and not sure how much difference there is.
      -Wes
      What was this!? A car show for ants!? Those cars need to be a least...3 times that big!
      germansdoitbetter.com

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 1.8TQM A4 Avant
      10-04-2012 02:49 PM #7
      I'm another B5 Avant owner. Welcome. I love mine.

Vehicles
      2000 Audi A4 2.8Q
      10-04-2012 04:06 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by fbm93 View Post
      I was looking at a 2.8 but wasnt sure how smooth or good on gas they were. Im coming from a 1.8 now and not sure how much difference there is.
      i love mine. less **** to deal with. obviously not as fast but less prone to issues.

i live in the city so i dont get good gas milage but on the highway i get decent mpg. my cats are also shot i think so that might have something to do with it.

9. n00b
      Vehicles
      1999 Audi A4 Avant
      10-04-2012 05:11 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by MarcMiller View Post
      i love mine. less **** to deal with. obviously not as fast but less prone to issues.

i live in the city so i dont get good gas milage but on the highway i get decent mpg. my cats are also shot i think so that might have something to do with it.
      I'm in the same boat. It's not as quick as I'd like, and I live in the city so I only average 18 - 20mpg depending on how aggressive I'm driving that day. However the tank is huge, and being able to go almost 500 miles on the highway without having to fill it up again is pretty amazing. I drove from Lancaster, PA to Charlotte, NC back in June and only had to stop once on the 8 hour journey.

10. 10-07-2012 01:31 AM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by styclassy View Post
      After being a long time lurker, I figured it was time to officially make an account and begin contributing to the community I love.

I've been jumping from Volkswagen models til finally settling on my 1999 Audi Avant Quattro. Most of her is stock at this point, but after my third year at H20, I think I'm finally willing to invest money into her. It's a 2.8 with 223,000 miles on it, so there's a chance in the near future that an engine swap will be happening.

As for myself? My name is Lisa, and I'm a recently college graduate in Photography, with a father who introduced me into cars way too early. I blame him for my passion for the Volkswagen crew.

Here's some eye candy for you. I'd love any recommendations on places to begin with making the beast stand out. I'm thinking white face 18' BBS wheels as the next aesthetic step.

These were all taken this past weekend in Ocean City. You may have seen me trollin' around with my fixed gear on top.
      Welcome to the team! Laser red I see? If so we have something in common!!

Quote Originally Posted by fbm93 View Post
      What's up Wes!? sadly didn't see you at h20i but as far as gas/maintnance on the 2.8.. it's a pretty solid/reliable engine man! I average about 420mi to a full tank. not bad at all.