Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge

Thread: 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited Service Costs?

Vehicles
      2012 GLI
      10-04-2012 11:56 AM #1
      So my wife's car has hit 108,000. I know the brakes are up for a change and the dealer has it for a recall check at the moment. We are planning on keeping the car for a few more years (house first) so I want everything to be good with the car.

Dealer called and recommended the following;
      -Brakes $395
      -Transmission Service $215
      -4WD System Service $300+ (wife was unsure if the guy said 315 or 375, I need to call to verify)

They didn't push anything on her but I know the car has not had any of those done in awhile. I inherited this car when I met her and have done the general stuff like oil changes, plugs, etc. But I typically stay away from transmissions and brakes and let the techs handle that.

So what say the experts on TCL. Fair pricing from a dealer or run? It honestly does not sound out of whack in terms of cost but I haven't had those kinds of services done on a car in years so I am out of the game on pricing.

Also, I got them to loan her a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited while the car was in the shop.

Not actual car, just same color
      Last edited by clutchrider; 10-04-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Vehicles
      01 Neon (sold), 07 Caliber MTX, 07 Quest S
      10-04-2012 12:28 PM #2
      If you got a decent set of tools you can do the brakes yourself and save on that, and you can get them do the Transmission and 4wd services, seems fair price for a stealership.

Vehicles
      2005 Outback XT, Truck, Boat, Quad
      10-04-2012 12:42 PM #3
      do the brakes on your own - they're quite easy on jeeps. you'll save 200$+.
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0T_Convert View Post
      Giant deer orgy statue, whale sex videos, and turtle pee-pee which pops out like a pouncing snake.

Vehicles
      2012 GLI
      10-04-2012 12:47 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by WakusPakus View Post
      do the brakes on your own - they're quite easy on jeeps. you'll save 200$+.
      Yeah I tried them for the first time with my father in-law on this set. He has some mechanic skills and the tools but I don't think they were set right because they developed hot spots and are starting to warp. Figured I'd just leave it to the experts.

I'm gonna call back and just get it all done, see if they can just do the oil for free since it's up in the air Can't hurt to ask since they are doing almost 1k of work on the car.