Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: H2Sport cam follower solution

1. 10-04-2012 03:06 PM #1
      So I am wondering about peoples opinion of the rollor bearing solution H2S has out there. What do people think of this solution and people that have had it done to their cars what are your impressions.

2. Member
      10-04-2012 04:21 PM #2
      Crazy expensive. You know how many cam followers you can buy for the price of H2's solution plus all the labor that's need to machine the cam and install everything?

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2005 V50 T5 AWD (sold), Black Golf R
      10-04-2012 04:46 PM #3
      Yes it's crazy expensive, but I did it anyways. 700+ taxeIs. suppose my reply to the "but you could have got x amount of followers for that price!" would be that if one were to fail, I could only get 0.5 cam shafts for that price lol. It was a piece of mind purchase. Also if you have a hpfp, it keeps you safe. Personal preference! It's kind of like insurance.

And also, I didn't notice a difference in the cars behavior before and after.

2012 Deep Black Pearl Golf [R]|APR Stage 1 v3.31 intake file| HS Tuning RSR Clutch | Soundaktor unplug|OEM tinted LED tails|H2Sport Roller Follower|Neuspeed CF engine cover|EVOMS V-Flow Intake|Newsouth Performance Ventpod|

Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf R
      10-04-2012 05:49 PM #4
      I definitely plan on doing this in the future. For someone that doesn't have the time or mechanical knowledge/tools to perform the checks and replacement of cam followers, this is worth the money for peace of mind IMO.