VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Hate rolling up next to a pretty cool car....

27K views 138 replies 94 participants last post by  MatchStick 
#1 ·
and it's a soccer mom, or some guy who you can tell just doesn't appreciate what they have.

Rolled up on a W8 Passat today, and while not an awesome car...still unique and different...

Woman...on her phone...inside looked like it had trash and stuff everywhere. :banghead::banghead: Probably doesn't even know what a V8 is...much less a W8.

#118 ·
I've seen these around here for sure...I remember seeing the W8 badge, but I had no clue what it was until now. :laugh:

#23 ·
Nobody here has any love whatsoever for the W8 Passat?

I think it is an interesting vehicle just for the uniqueness of the engine design, and pretty rare too. I'd be willing to bet that the driver of the vehicle described indeed does not appreciate those facts.

#24 ·
I think we got off topic with the passat.

I agree with the op in some sense, I see a lot of older women driving super clean GC imprezas, e46 m3s, S model audis and clean ITRs, etc. Funny it seems to be mostly women.. Also 3/5 times I see an evo x it's driven by a man in his upper 50's.

It's just funny sometimes to see a 'normal' person in a car you'd normally see an enthusiast in. It just shows that there's a little love for the feel of a good drive in all of us :thumbup:

#57 ·
I see a lot of older women driving super clean GC imprezas, e46 m3s, S model audis and clean ITRs, etc. Funny it seems to be mostly women..

i've seen a soccer mom driving a B5 S4 wagon, and an old lady in a newer STI. it's bizarre. the trophy wife in the cayman GTR always makes me :banghead: too.

and occationally i see an older gent in an immaculate white E39 M5 driving 55 on the highway.

oh well.

#39 ·
hater.

I know it's going to come as a shock, but nobody outside of VW forums think an old W8 Passat is a "pretty cool car."
That is because they have to pay the maintenance bills. Do I want one? Yes. Would I buy one? Hell no.......I'd be more likely to buy a Prius or SmartCar but then I would obviously be on suicide watch.

Passat...pretty cool car...does not compute.
How is your beige partsbin special anyways?:wave:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.