VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Hate rolling up next to a pretty cool car....

27K views 138 replies 94 participants last post by  MatchStick 
#1 ·
and it's a soccer mom, or some guy who you can tell just doesn't appreciate what they have.

Rolled up on a W8 Passat today, and while not an awesome car...still unique and different...

Woman...on her phone...inside looked like it had trash and stuff everywhere. :banghead::banghead: Probably doesn't even know what a V8 is...much less a W8.

#45 ·
What was see suppost to do???:sly:

Im trying to understand what cool people in cool cars do on the traffic light?
split Phillies apparently.

A W8 is nicer than any American luxury wanna be car. So I guess yes? Personally 1.8T is a better motor.
you are an idjit.

#46 ·
So just changing the drivetrain completely transforms a Passat from a milquetoast would be rental if cheap enough to buy and maintain to a luxury car?
I need to find a base turbo four with a blown engine and swap in the premium luxury car drivetrain that completely transforms the car. :p

#49 ·
I actually don't care about this sort of stuff in the normal sense. There's a kid on campus who honest to God drives around in a bright yellow Gallardo Supperlegera. It's incredible what some of these college kids are driving around in. Regardless, whenever I see it I just think "Meh, good for them," and go about my business. However, when someone pulls up to a stoplight in a nice MGA or SAAB c900 turbo or something like that I always covet it massively. People who drive those types of cars have to go out of their way to do so though, so you always know that the owner appreciates what they have.

#52 ·
OP said:
Hate rolling up next to a pretty cool car....
Lot's of trophy wives and spoiled chicks out here. So, the view is mostly pleasant, if not outright tantalizing.

Recently, I exchanged flirty glances with a Hilton-look-alike in a modded Cayenne S. Then I realized that her sugar-daddy was driving that Lamborghini behind her. :( :D

#56 ·
The only 7th generation Celica GT-S I ever see is piloted by a blue-haired old woman who drives it like the 1997 Buick she should've bought.

#63 ·
Nothing personal against the owners, themselves, but I lack respect for people who drive great cars and don't take care of them. I've had girlfriends whose parents bought them brand new cars, and never wash them, clean the interiors, or change the oil...don't want to put Premium fuel in them because it is 20 cents more, etc. :banghead:

Have plenty of friends who have gotten brand new cars, trucks, etc. and trash them out in an effort to make it look like, "meh, it IS expensive, but that ain't no thing" "just a car; no biggy". :thumbdown:

I suppose that's their prerogative...but that isn't how I was raised...with regards to cars. Keep it clean, wash, polish, wax, rotate tires, change the oil, and so forth.

#73 ·
Nothing personal against the owners, themselves, but I lack respect for people who drive great cars and don't take care of them.
Why? It usually means they have more important things to do in life than become OCD with their transportation device, yet still displayed a modicum of good taste when selecting it. It also probably means they have the financial resources to not have had to have spent 75% of their income on their ride, and therefore feel the need to treat it as the only thing that matters.

That being said I'm not onboard with general dirtiness, because that trait probably permeates their whole life.

#68 ·
What does a person look like that does not appreciate what car thy have, just curious and who are you to judge what is "pretty cool". I'm sure there is some guy sitting at a bus stop looking at some guy in a beat to crap Pontiac Aztec thinking, boy that guy sure is lucky to have a car.

#74 ·
There's plenty of people around here that grind my gears (Portland, OR)
A guy with a mk5 R32 on some glossy black Les Schwab wheels with his smash mouth hair cut always blasting some emo screamo crap and going WOT at every stop light/sign in town.

Another is a woman with a newer blue V70R who I've seen hit curbs around corners, and docks it like a boat onto curbs when pulling into parking spaces. Wheels and bumper are trashed.

And to top it off, I had a friend who picked up a 2006(?) Mercedes C class a couple years ago. When I had asked him how often checked his oil, he replied with "i just wait for the light to come on".

#89 ·
I think the point he is making is why do people buy top of the line/rare vehicles if they dont care and only need them to get from point a to b, AND not take care of them on
top of that. They could have just bought a base model.

I am NOT VW fan, but the anyone who says the W8 Passat isnt a neat car is just full of themselves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.