Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hate rolling up next to a pretty cool car....

Vehicles
      '12 Focus SE, '15 Outback Limited
      10-05-2012 08:02 AM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by Sortafast View Post
      I know it's going to come as a shock, but nobody outside of VW forums think an old W8 Passat is a "pretty cool car."
      Hahaha, true. Most will just think its a POS Passat (surprise! it is).

Whatever. Its their car. They can do what they want. Its just a mass produced car anyway.
      Looking for a car event on the East Coast? Check here

I have an idea, we will try it my way first...and then we will finish.

Instgram

Vehicles
      '13 Golf R 4dr CSG
      10-05-2012 08:29 AM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by audiphile View Post
      Cheryl Cole...nice

2013 4 Door R - CSG

Vehicles
      '13 Golf R 4dr CSG
      10-05-2012 08:30 AM #53
      Back to the original topic...

I tend to think this every time I see someone in a BMW.....usually driving about 45 in the left lane....

2013 4 Door R - CSG

Vehicles
      '03 S2K '12 Focus
      10-05-2012 08:36 AM #54
      The only 7th generation Celica GT-S I ever see is piloted by a blue-haired old woman who drives it like the 1997 Buick she should've bought.
      ├┼┤2003 S2000 | 2012 Focus SE Sport (2011-2014) | 2009 G8 GT (2011-2011) | 2008 R32 (2007-2011) | 2006 GTI (2006-2007) | 2001 A4 (2002-2006)
      SAVETHERING

Vehicles
      '07 Jetta 2.0t
      10-05-2012 08:42 AM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by Recaro VW View Post
      I see a lot of older women driving super clean GC imprezas, e46 m3s, S model audis and clean ITRs, etc. Funny it seems to be mostly women..

i've seen a soccer mom driving a B5 S4 wagon, and an old lady in a newer STI. it's bizarre. the trophy wife in the cayman GTR always makes me too.

and occationally i see an older gent in an immaculate white E39 M5 driving 55 on the highway.

oh well.

Vehicles
      03 Jetta GLS 1.8T
      10-05-2012 08:49 AM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by rabbitlvr View Post
      think its great. this thread started on the basis of finding undeserving people driving special cars but high jacked to a hate on w8 thread
      Yea, on the original topic I really do hate it because I just look at them and know they threw money at a "car" a means of transportation that they think everyone else will like. The worst is I see more old ladies in the new Mustangs than guys
      Also, there's a business I pass on my way to work and some days there is an 07 Saleen and a 12 Shelby GT500 at the same time, and other days I see an NSX on RPF1s, but I"m pretty sure they appreciate their cars because they drive them a lot.
      Quote Originally Posted by emmettlodge View Post
      I said dance bitch. Dance.

10-05-2012 09:12 AM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by FACTORYBOOST View Post
      Yea, on the original topic I really do hate it because I just look at them and know they threw money at a "car" a means of transportation that they think everyone else will like. The worst is I see more old ladies in the new Mustangs than guys
      What it boils down to is: So ****ing what? Why do you care so much what other people are driving when you simply assume that you "know they threw money at a car"?
      MemeGate 2012 - First Responder, post #2

Quote Originally Posted by .skully.
      Mike, quote me in your signature

Vehicles
      03 Jetta GLS 1.8T
      10-05-2012 09:23 AM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Av8r View Post
      What it boils down to is: So ****ing what? Why do you care so much what other people are driving when you simply assume that you "know they threw money at a car"?
      Because I am self-absorbed douche that has nothing better to do than sit here and complain about **** that doesn't matter and I'm just mad I don't make enough money to buy EVERYTHING I want and they should just give me their car so I can beat it to death!

Vehicles
      08 VW GTI, 01 Hyundai Tiburon
      10-05-2012 09:39 AM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by FACTORYBOOST View Post
      Look at your signature, now back to mine, now back to yours, now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn’t mine.

Instagram: Zekkal

Vehicles
      03 Jetta GLS 1.8T
      10-05-2012 09:54 AM #60

Vehicles
      2007 Audi A4 2.0T
      10-05-2012 10:23 AM #61
      Nothing personal against the owners, themselves, but I lack respect for people who drive great cars and don't take care of them. I've had girlfriends whose parents bought them brand new cars, and never wash them, clean the interiors, or change the oil...don't want to put Premium fuel in them because it is 20 cents more, etc.

Have plenty of friends who have gotten brand new cars, trucks, etc. and trash them out in an effort to make it look like, "meh, it IS expensive, but that ain't no thing" "just a car; no biggy".

I suppose that's their prerogative...but that isn't how I was raised...with regards to cars. Keep it clean, wash, polish, wax, rotate tires, change the oil, and so forth.
      The carpet pissers did this?!

10-05-2012 10:52 AM #62
      All I know is, don't pre-judge Spiderman for what he drives. He will literally kill you.
      MemeGate 2012 - First Responder, post #2

Quote Originally Posted by .skully.
      Mike, quote me in your signature

Vehicles
      2011 CC 6-Speed (Daily Bomber), 1987 Scirocco 16v (Resto), 1993 Audi S4 (Monster in the Making)
      10-05-2012 11:02 AM #63
      TCL: Where a comfortable, decent driving, engineering first (in mass production iirc), solid car (albeit bloated and fiddly) is junk, but stanced out b-tchbasket torqueless convertibles are hot shizz.
      This axe was made to grind.

Vehicles
      '12 Focus SE, '15 Outback Limited
      10-05-2012 11:19 AM #64
      Looking for a car event on the East Coast? Check here

I have an idea, we will try it my way first...and then we will finish.

Instgram

Vehicles
      D40 Frontier CC 4X4, 3BG Passat .:RS Variant
      10-05-2012 11:25 AM #65
      I rolled up to an older Boxster not too long ago and we both knew it was on. And I hate revving my car.

Vehicles
      01 Audi S4
      10-05-2012 11:33 AM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by imagine29028 View Post
      and it's a soccer mom, or some guy who you can tell just doesn't appreciate what they have.

Rolled up on a W8 Passat today, and while not an awesome car...still unique and different...

Woman...on her phone...inside looked like it had trash and stuff everywhere. Probably doesn't even know what a V8 is...much less a W8.
      What does a person look like that does not appreciate what car thy have, just curious and who are you to judge what is "pretty cool". I'm sure there is some guy sitting at a bus stop looking at some guy in a beat to crap Pontiac Aztec thinking, boy that guy sure is lucky to have a car.
      01 Audi S4 K04 stage III. 13 Accord Sport. Past 07 BMW 335i
      Quote Originally Posted by whiteboy1 View Post
      My point that you changing his quote to "prove him wrong" is ridiculous. Obviously we're talking about opinions and different needs. Its as if I'm hungry for a burger and you telling me that having a milkshake is better because you can drink them instead of chew.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 CC R line, 61 Merc. 220b
      10-05-2012 11:43 AM #67
      i know dat feel bruh. i h8 when i comez to a stahp loighty thingy and i see sum dambazz in a 1924 hoduh civicuh and he all be lookyn at me and he like say w8 m8? u mirin ma ride? and im all like o hell naw u just lost da game sahn!

Vehicles
      03 Jetta GLS 1.8T
      10-05-2012 11:43 AM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Av8r View Post
      All I know is, don't pre-judge Spiderman for what he drives. He will literally kill you.

10-05-2012 11:43 AM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by Sortafast View Post
      I know it's going to come as a shock, but nobody outside of VW forums think an old W8 Passat is a "pretty cool car."
      Butler Tires & Wheels
      HRE | Savini | Lexani | Forgiato | BBS | Rotiform | RBP | Niche | TSW | Lorinser | Fuel | Black Rhino | Dub| Foose | US Mags | American Force | Vossen | Rennen | Beyern | Brambus | OZ | Enkei | Cray | Conventry | Michelin | Pirelli | Toyo | Procomp | H&R | Corsa | Borla | Eibach | Hotchkis | Remus | Akrapovič

10-05-2012 11:51 AM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by DedRok View Post
      When I was in Vancouver, I definitely seen a handful $100,000 Mercedes with learner tags on them.
      Did you seen any grammar schools?

21. 10-05-2012 11:54 AM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by 612Scag View Post
      Nothing personal against the owners, themselves, but I lack respect for people who drive great cars and don't take care of them.
      Why? It usually means they have more important things to do in life than become OCD with their transportation device, yet still displayed a modicum of good taste when selecting it. It also probably means they have the financial resources to not have had to have spent 75% of their income on their ride, and therefore feel the need to treat it as the only thing that matters.

That being said I'm not onboard with general dirtiness, because that trait probably permeates their whole life.

22. Awaiting Email Confirmation
      Vehicles
      04' R32, 81' Caddy
      10-05-2012 11:58 AM #72
      There's plenty of people around here that grind my gears (Portland, OR)
      A guy with a mk5 R32 on some glossy black Les Schwab wheels with his smash mouth hair cut always blasting some emo screamo crap and going WOT at every stop light/sign in town.

Another is a woman with a newer blue V70R who I've seen hit curbs around corners, and docks it like a boat onto curbs when pulling into parking spaces. Wheels and bumper are trashed.

And to top it off, I had a friend who picked up a 2006(?) Mercedes C class a couple years ago. When I had asked him how often checked his oil, he replied with "i just wait for the light to come on".

Vehicles
      German vans, British sporty things.
      10-05-2012 11:59 AM #73
      That's almost as bad as rolling a pretty cool car. I hate that too.

Vehicles
      03 Jetta GLS 1.8T
      10-05-2012 12:12 PM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by McBanagon View Post
      That's almost as bad as rolling a pretty cool car. I hate that too.

Vehicles
      2014 GTI Drivers Ed Edition, black/dust, non-manly DSG, 2009 Honda Element EX. blue w/ bird ****
      10-05-2012 12:30 PM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by phofpower View Post
      Why? It usually means they have more important things to do in life than become OCD with their transportation device, yet still displayed a modicum of good taste when selecting it. It also probably means they have the financial resources to not have had to have spent 75% of their income on their ride, and therefore feel the need to treat it as the only thing that matters.

That being said I'm not onboard with general dirtiness, because that trait probably permeates their whole life.

Well, there is a difference between someone who is OCD and treats their "transportation device" as a priceless piece of art, while neglecting other important things in their life and someone who simply takes general care of his/her nice vehicle. I'm a busy person, and can still find time to wash and clean my car myself, but also realize it is just a car and meant to be driven, thus likely to sustain some wear and tear over time.

There's also a difference between someone who maybe doesn't keep his/her vehicle very clean for whatever reason and someone who basically neglects every aspect of vehicle maintenance. I've certainly known many of the latter, who were also fortunate enough to have really nice cars basically handed to them. One example is a friend who was given a really nice 65' Mustang as his first car. He not only didn't take care of it, but didn't realize you're supposed to change the oil. Another friend was given a fully loaded Jetta 1.8T. Sure, that's nothing awesome like a W8 Passat, or something, but it was a nice car, which at the time I would have taken in a heartbeat. She ragged it out, soon had a makeshift closet/dirty clothes hamper in the back seat, and refused to use anything other than regular octane fuel, even though I'm sure her parents helped her pay for gas, too.

My first car was a 92' Camry with 70K miles on the clock. I took good care of it, and felt fortunate to have such a "nice" car at 16. Obviously, I had many friends with MUCH nicer cars at the time, but I was never really envious of them. However, it was really annoying to see some of those friends with such nice cars not taking at least basic care of them.
      Last edited by nicoli; 10-05-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast