Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Anyone recognize this Colorado GTI?

10-04-2012 08:04 PM #1
      Original Post

GTI In question

Below is a copy and paste of my original thread, but I thought I'd add some additional text.

I haven't personally experienced an issue with buying used, but I've seen some friends go through hell. After a buddy of mine had his horrors with a modded 350z I have been scared to get a used modded car. This is why I stay away from EVOs and WRXs.

I imagine all EVOs were driven like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iWtBqDEkz0

Anyway, if you guys recognize this beauty, please give me a little history behind it.

Respectfully,

Vahdyx

Some of you guys may know, I drive a 350whp Cobalt SS Turbocharged. It's fast, and fun, but I am not satisfied with the car. I won't go into that right now, but I've been thinking about a GTI for a long time now. They're just beautiful amazing cars IMO and I will eventually get one.

Anyway... literally a year ago I saw this GTI for sale at Emich Chevorlet and was very interested in it! I loved it and wanted to buy it. A couple months later it moved to Emich VW where it was dropped in price to under $20,000. I about fainted and gave them a call.

They said it's been modded and it sold as is...

So I got a little worried and said I'll wait until I get my SS paid down more so I can have a bigger down payment. After a few weeks of constantly checking I said, "**** it, I'm getting it" and called. They said it sold.

A little disappointed I moved on. A year later to my shock and dismay, I noticed it at another dealership when I was driving by. I looked it up online and sure enough it was the one I saw a year ago.

I am a little curious why it's on the market again, so I ask you guys; Do you know the story behind this GTI. Is the turbo failing, is the clutch bad, is the block cracked, something. Why would this car be up for sale again. I freaking love the look of it and it's already modded so I don't have to mod it. It's literally what I would have done minus the hood.

Anyway thanks

Vehicles
      dirty jap slut
      10-07-2012 03:50 AM #2
      I love my 350z. Don't be scared by stories as they are only stories. It's easy to **** things up quickly if whoever doing the work is an idiot....
      Best advice is to look for a clean, completely unmodified car and then go from there.

Also, stealerships suck. hit up craigzoom

3. 10-07-2012 04:42 AM #3
      I used to see that car parked downtown occasionally. Looks like a pretty clean, tastefully modded car. Just go test drive it and see how it feels. The only thing I'd be sketched out about is warranty, since the dealer obs knows its chipped, and its not being sold from a VW dealer...so idk. Beyond that, it looks like most of the mods are cosmetic, and there's really not a whole lot you can do to really **** up a Stage I/II car with only 30k miles...unless you really just beat the **** out of it. It looks pretty well taken care of though, so yeah, just go check it out. Price is definitely right.

But yeah:
      Quote Originally Posted by dub_slug View Post
      Best advice is to look for a clean, completely unmodified car and then go from there.

Vehicles
      dirty jap slut
      10-07-2012 06:59 AM #4
      Go test drive a 2008 350z and get back to me cuz I know they the sheeeeet!!
      I drive/abuse my z daily and she just keeps on loving me right back

Oh and not to mention 40mpg highway with the factory Volks