Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Feeler: 1989 Fox Coupe Base

1. Member
      Vehicles
      '89 Fox Coupe, '04 Jetta GLS Wagon TDi, '88 Fox GL Wagon (project)
      10-04-2012 08:05 PM #1
      SOLD

1989 Coupe Base - runs and drives like new - only ~50k miles on it. You can take this car cross country w/o any problems.

I have a ton of extra stuff/parts for it (OEM radiator/fan, clutch, pads and calipers for vented rotors, rear shoes, etc), short shifter, original manuals and brochures. I also have all original lights that I replaced.

It has Brazilian smoked tails, clear corners and blinkers, and headlights are H4 bulbs. New wires, plugs, distributor cap and rotor (ALL Bosch). Set of 4 Tarantulas with OEM caps and Nexen tires w/ 80-90% tread + 1 OEM steal spare w/ 100% tread. Tach cluster with (working) Kilometer Speedometer & LEDs. Heater core done last winter - blasting hot - running G-12+, GTI leather steering wheel.

It needs minor cosmetic body work - but it will clean up nice and the interior is SUPER clean (even has original "pillow" that matches seat fabric)

NO RUST.

Looking at getting $1600. I honestly don't want to get rid of it - but life throws you a curve ball sometimes. I also have a Wagon style 88 Fox - which isn't in half as good shape - but that is more my project/toy and I have put a lot of custom parts into it already. I'd prefer to keep this one garaged off the road for a while until I had time to fully "restore" it - it's not far away from car-show quality. I may do that - hence the "feeler" - or may take the Wagon off the road for the winter to finish the body work - and see what happens come Spring 2013...

Feel free to ask questions - or send me an email (redone17@gmail.com) if that's easier. If you want to come see it and take it for a spin. The car is located in Brooklyn, NY.

SOLD
      Last edited by redone17; 10-10-2012 at 11:09 AM.
      How a VW Fox Wagon sucked me back in...a build thread

2. Member
      Vehicles
      '89 Fox Coupe, '04 Jetta GLS Wagon TDi, '88 Fox GL Wagon (project)
      10-06-2012 09:17 AM #2
      Looks like a buddy of mine is taking it - but here are some pics anyhow.

Cheers -
      cp
      How a VW Fox Wagon sucked me back in...a build thread