VWVortex.com - Damn... Neuvation has some slick deals....
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 9 of 9

    Thread: Damn... Neuvation has some slick deals....

    1. Member
      Join Date
      May 10th, 2010
      Location
      North Jersey
      Posts
      14,622
      Vehicles
      2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      10-04-2012 10:05 PM #1
      http://www.neuvationcycling.com/prod...black-1500.htm
      Starting at $169

      or
      http://www.neuvationcycling.com/prod...-deal-1520.htm
      with SRAM 1070 cassette and SRAM chain....
      Starting at $299

      .
      .
      .
      .
      I need to resist buying a wheelset for a cyclocross bike I'm waiting for delivery....
      Quote Originally Posted by Jezza
      Power and Speed solves many things

    2. Member merckx56's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 12th, 2004
      Location
      South Carolina
      Posts
      5,979
      Vehicles
      2014 Chevrolet Traverse LT 2006 GMC Yukon XL SLT
      10-05-2012 06:06 PM #2
      You'll see exactly WHY they cost so little after riding them for a while...
      ... you're not a hipster. But you definitely have hipster tendencies. Stay vigilant... like diabetes, you can manage this.
      -20DYNAMITE07

      This thread sucks -Quattro Krant

    3. Member
      Join Date
      May 10th, 2010
      Location
      North Jersey
      Posts
      14,622
      Vehicles
      2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      10-05-2012 07:01 PM #3
      probably gonna do a stan's alpha 400 with 105 or ultegra hubs build instead
      Quote Originally Posted by Jezza
      Power and Speed solves many things

    4. Member merckx56's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 12th, 2004
      Location
      South Carolina
      Posts
      5,979
      Vehicles
      2014 Chevrolet Traverse LT 2006 GMC Yukon XL SLT
      10-05-2012 08:04 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by BsickPassat View Post
      probably gonna do a stan's alpha 400 with 105 or ultegra hubs build instead
      Much smarter play.

      Or get the new 23mm wide hoops, and hubs, from BikeHubStore. Those things would be pretty damn good CX wheels. @23mm wide, that 32 or 33 mm tire would get FAT...

      http://www.bikehubstore.com/category-s/162.htm
      ... you're not a hipster. But you definitely have hipster tendencies. Stay vigilant... like diabetes, you can manage this.
      -20DYNAMITE07

      This thread sucks -Quattro Krant

    5. Member Navydub's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 29th, 2006
      Location
      Chesapeake, VA
      Posts
      10,126
      Vehicles
      MKVI Golf R, Saab STi, SportWagen TDi
      10-13-2012 06:31 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by merckx56 View Post
      You'll see exactly WHY they cost so little after riding them for a while...
      Have you personally ridden any of their wheels?

      I haven't, but quite a few of my friends ride their stuff and say nothing but good things.
      Turbo Unicorn | HS Tuning | 42DD | Cabin Krew

    6. Member merckx56's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 12th, 2004
      Location
      South Carolina
      Posts
      5,979
      Vehicles
      2014 Chevrolet Traverse LT 2006 GMC Yukon XL SLT
      10-13-2012 06:51 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Navydub View Post
      Have you personally ridden any of their wheels?

      I haven't, but quite a few of my friends ride their stuff and say nothing but good things.
      Yeah, I've had three sets. All sucked...and all broke. Every set had complete sh*t spoke tension, and broke spokes. The M28s were terrible. Not stiff and rolled like crap.


      I wouldn't waste money on them.
      ... you're not a hipster. But you definitely have hipster tendencies. Stay vigilant... like diabetes, you can manage this.
      -20DYNAMITE07

      This thread sucks -Quattro Krant

    7. Junior Member DJKhakiPants's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 4th, 2012
      Posts
      69
      Vehicles
      2006 GLI
      10-18-2012 01:11 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by Navydub View Post
      Have you personally ridden any of their wheels?
      Have to agree with Merckx - these things are junk. I have been lucky enough not to ride them but had to service more than my fair share because the quality is so pitiful.

      Even as people brought them in for the 5th time with blown spokes and nasty hubs they talked about how great they are. I think this has to do with them reinforcing their purchase decision, unable to own up to the fact that they saved $100 on the initial purchase but spent twice that on maintenance and went several weeks with their wheels in the shop while ordering spokes, completing maintenance, etc.

    8. Member A1an's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      3,740
      Vehicles
      Bought not built.
      10-18-2012 01:22 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by merckx56 View Post
      Much smarter play.

      Or get the new 23mm wide hoops, and hubs, from BikeHubStore. Those things would be pretty damn good CX wheels. @23mm wide, that 32 or 33 mm tire would get FAT...

      http://www.bikehubstore.com/category-s/162.htm
      Wonder if that is an internal width.

      The new Ironcross would be a good choice as well. 20mm internal width, awesome Stans bead, etc

    9. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 8th, 2003
      Location
      Philly.
      Posts
      15,738
      10-19-2012 10:06 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by DJKhakiPants View Post
      Have to agree with Merckx - these things are junk. I have been lucky enough not to ride them but had to service more than my fair share because the quality is so pitiful.

      Even as people brought them in for the 5th time with blown spokes and nasty hubs they talked about how great they are. I think this has to do with them reinforcing their purchase decision, unable to own up to the fact that they saved $100 on the initial purchase but spent twice that on maintenance and went several weeks with their wheels in the shop while ordering spokes, completing maintenance, etc.
      i have a set im trying out right now. cheap backup wheels for now but worth trying out for what I picked them up for.

    For advertising information click HERE

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    « Back