VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

V.A.G show???????

19K views 125 replies 49 participants last post by  glivdub03 
#1 ·
what the hell happened too the euro scene?? there is so many none V.A.G cars i don't even go to h2oi any more. the last two times after 2009 sucked i say we start going too all the import shows.

here is a import show http://occarshow.com/

don't get me wrong i love cars but this is where we go to look at V.A.G stuff.
yes i understand that the cops still ****ed with us but not like they have the past few years since the show has attracted more imports than the v.a.g cars.
i have been around since before water fest. since the very start of the scene. :banghead:

I don't care about all the hate this is going to get :)

#4 ·
It's not too late the actual H20 show it self should not allow non V.A.G cars in the show except for parking. As for the strip we need to have a stiffer shoulder with the none V.A.G cars I'm not against people bringing them there but leave them at your condo or hotel and walk to the Volkswagen Audi GTGs it's not a big town. Pluse on top of that the none V.A.G cars should just have there own weekend there'd be less trouble between people. Just Just my opinion I'm not against the none V.A.G cars just would like for them to show respect for our weekend

#21 ·
H2Oi would be just fine financially without the "outcasts." You guys help, but don't make or break the weekend from a financial standpoint, period.
No way to prove it, but I would disagree. Clearly the number of non-Vag cars is concerning enough for people to have their panties in a knot. If you take away all of those cars and replace them with nothing, it would be a big hole to fill. You would make less money without the non-VAG crowd. Is what I should have said.

"I'll take Joe Adam's mk4, or my old mk4 build, over a Camry on Rotiforms."
I would too. But a mk4 on coils and wheels, is really no better than a Camry on coils and wheels is what I was trying to get across.

#25 ·
No way to prove it, but I would disagree. Clearly the number of non-Vag cars is concerning enough for people to have their panties in a knot. If you take away all of those cars and replace them with nothing, it would be a big hole to fill. You would make less money without the non-VAG crowd. Is what I should have said.

"I'll take Joe Adam's mk4, or my old mk4 build, over a Camry on Rotiforms."
I would too. But a mk4 on coils and wheels, is really no better than a Camry on coils and wheels is what I was trying to get across.
The outcasts are doing the exact same thing as 80% of the VW's anyway. I looked tthrough all of the photos and most are only of cars that follow the stance trend. I know of a couple of race cars that were in attendance, but did not receive anywhere the same attention as the sheep cars following trends.

So when people say that it is refreshing to see the outcasts at a VW show, it really isn't. It's the same VW with stickers on neon colored wheels and excessive camber, only it has a different badge on it.

#5 · (Edited)
I kind of agree

I love and appreciate all makes and models

But when I drive 9 hours to h2Oi it's not to see stanced miatas and s2000 or Subarus

When I see more miatas than mk1s
More 240s than corrados
More VIP wanna be cars than air cooled
It pisses me off

When the outcast gtg is bigger than any other gtg... We have a problem

We've lost our shows, because of the incredible reputation behind it. The "import" scene doesn't have what VAG scene does. So they come to our shows, slowly killing it.

It might be the evolution of the show or the demise
But I wouldn't drive 9 hours for hot import nights

#122 ·
#11 ·
gotta love all the elitists :rolleyes:

personally, I don't give a **** what cars are there. I go for the environment and more importantly my friends that I get to see once or twice a year. I have just as much appreciation for a well built VW/Audi as I do any other make. atleast they bring some variety to the scene.

#18 ·
I'm not sure where you people were that there were more non-VAG cars than VW/Audi/Porsche, but it wasn't Ocean City.... There were eight VWs/Audis for every one Japanese import, and I certainly don't mind the BMWs or supercars, they can't show but they're still European and thus our brethren.

Of course the Outcast meet was bigger, it was ALL brands that aren't VW (plus many VWs) as opposed to just a certain generation.

I also know you didn't hit the mk1 meet if you think there were more Miatas than mk1s- this was the most mk1s I've EVER seen at that meet, and I've been going since 2006.

There may have been more 240s than Corrados, as the Corrados all broke on the way to Ocean City.

If there are more "VIP wannabes" than aircooleds, that's ok, since big-body Audis, Phaetons, and even VIP'd Passats are watercooled VWs, which is what H2Oi is... Aircooleds have only shown since like 2010.

Just a drop on a mk5 is boring, but that's what most of the non-VAG cars have too. Sorry, but I'm a shaved bay and interior nerd, so if your bay wasn't perfect and your interior wasn't the tits, I didn't care. Therefore I wasn't impressed with 80% of stuff there. It's also why I was picking apart cars in Top Dawg... And before someone tells me to outdo them, I already did, but I wasn't personally satisfied so I ripped the car back apart and started over. OCD perfectionism sucks.

#20 ·
I agree with keeping the actual H2Oi show a VAG only event, but if imports want to come down to OC to hit the strip, why not?

Like someone else said, its easily 8 to 1 in terms of VAG versus imports.

There's plenty of city to go around. I'd get bored staring at the same type of cars all day anyways.

#27 ·
H2o is a vag only event.:confused: They are the only cars aloud in show.......... now excess of other makes that come for H2o show we cant stop that... Unless the cops give the poor guys so many tickets like the guy from N.J. in the del sol they dont wont to come back. wtf?:facepalm: poor guy. Not that its right but did notice more non vag cars pulled. So stay with your dont be an ASSHAT:laugh::laugh:

#28 ·
What the "purists" at H2Oi want to see:

mk4 with roof rack and BBS wheels
mk5 with roof rack and BBS wheels
a4 with roof rack and BBS wheels
mk2 with roof rack and BBS wheels
mk2 with roof rack and BBS wheels
mk3 with roof rack and BBS wheels
mk6 with roof rack and BBS wheels
mk6 with roof rack and BBS wheels
Sorry, I'll continue coming with all of my friends, driving my Scooby, and enjoying my vacation every year. VWs got old very quickly for me, so I sold all of mine, sold my Audi, and decided that swapping a new engine in an old Subaru was way more fun.

I still respect the VWs, but come on, hating on the "outcasts" is just dumb, considering most of us are previous-VW owners that moved on to something different.

#50 ·
What the "purists" at H2Oi want to see:

Sorry, I'll continue coming with all of my friends, driving my Scooby, and enjoying my vacation every year. VWs got old very quickly for me, so I sold all of mine, sold my Audi, and decided that swapping a new engine in an old Subaru was way more fun.

I still respect the VWs, but come on, hating on the "outcasts" is just dumb, considering most of us are previous-VW owners that moved on to something different.
Kinda why we hate you lol Volkswagen for life motherf$&ker

#29 ·
A bigger percentage of the VWs that show up are poorly done and frankly almost embarrassing. I love the variety that recent H2Os have had, I don't like the added trouble that comes with the additional cars and dumb kids, but that also applies to a large percentage of the VW crowd in attendance as well :)

#30 · (Edited)
Honestly, I have never owned a VW or any Vag car, but thats more to do with my family being a "ford" family. I love euro styling and I love VAG cars, I have gone to h2o the last three years to see all the cars down there (mainly to look at VAG, but also to see the "outcast")

I agree the actual Show needs to stay VAg only and I wouldnt see that changing anytime soon, but you cant control the city or the strip. As for "controlling the g2g" well I dont really see that happening, and most are unorganized anyways. I did take my pos ford to a couple get togethers. But for the sole purpose of seeing the cars there. I dont give a F*** if people liked my bucket. I just dont feel like walking all weekend to every G2G because some people will be upset by seeing someone in a non VAG in the same parking lot as them.

EDIT: To the person below me. I agree. If it was a set G2G for a certain type/make of car I parked away, if it ws just a random g2g I parked where ever there was a spot.

#31 ·
I agree to a point..........a very small point. While the show itself only allows VAG, that leaves only one thing that I can see annoying, and that is non VAG cars parking in the middle of VAG gtg's.

If you have an outcast car, park it outside of the gtg circle. Thats it really :peace:

I have a miata, and come to H2Oi because I love to see different stuff. I am not someone that goes on forums or stance blogs. Most of the internet famous cars, I have not even seen or heard of, so it makes everything a big surprise for me when I see them in person. The way people build their cars are a lot different in the different scenes and I enjoy viewing it. Also not gonna complain about the beautiful noises of the V6's I get to hear all weekend.

I really don't care how much I get yelled at in my car. Just kinda makes me laugh even more. I'm not gonna stop driving the strip or showing up at gtg's. I'll just park outside of the main parking if the show is not meant for outcasts. Like when I parked at Taphouse, I parked in the back next to the dumpster. I really wish I could own an B5 S4 Avant for a family car, but I just don't see myself being able to afford it realistically so I'll stick to something that is reliable and cheap to maintain. Doesn't mean I can't be interested in them though.

#32 ·
I agree to a point..........a very small point. While the show itself only allows VAG, that leaves only one thing that I can see annoying, and that is non VAG cars parking in the middle of VAG gtg's.

If you have an outcast car, park it outside of the gtg circle. Thats it really

I have a miata, and come to H2Oi because I love to see different stuff. I am not someone that goes on forums or stance blogs. Most of the internet famous cars, I have not even seen or heard of, so it makes everything a big surprise for me when I see them in person. The way people build their cars are a lot different in the different scenes and I enjoy viewing it. Also not gonna complain about the beautiful noises of the V6's I get to hear all weekend.

I really don't care how much I get yelled at in my car. Just kinda makes me laugh even more. I'm not gonna stop driving the strip or showing up at gtg's. I'll just park outside of the main parking if the show is not meant for outcasts. Like when I parked at Taphouse, I parked in the back next to the dumpster. I really wish I could own an B5 S4 Avant for a family car, but I just don't see myself being able to afford it realistically so I'll stick to something that is reliable and cheap to maintain. Doesn't mean I can't be interested in them though.
This is the point in the conversation where most VAG owners I've found try to convince you that B5 S4s aren't really as unreliable as everyone says them to be and that some friend of a friend of a friend once had an uncle that owned an S4 that never broke.

Or they tell you that of COURSE you don't pay a shop to do work for you, you should spend thousands on tools and special tools and DIY and that you can own these cars working at McDonald's part-time wages.

Of course, in the real world, I've sold both my German cars and drive two Japanese cars which, mysteriously, don't break.

#33 ·
Let's get this out in the open.......

H20 is no longer a good show to attend. I'm not sure it ever was, or at least any better then any other vw show.

It's merely a destination weekend, in a nice place, that is used as a platform to act like an asshat, or show off in any way/shape/form.

#35 ·
I agree. I would like to see this kept as a Euro show. Don't get me wrong, I like to see the non-Euro cars and totally respect them. But we need to respect our roots in the "scene" The truth of it is, that no matter how much you rant and rave about them, they will still show up. Just like the Justin Bieber wanna be's with flat brim hats driving a MK6 that mom and daddy bought. Like the "scene", this show has totally lost all it originality. Young punk kids with no repsect. It has no boundaries if it is a euro or jap car. So rant all you want. They will continue to show up.

#41 · (Edited)
Your obviously into the car scene for the wrong reason... i like cars and all cars honestly i go to h2o to have a good time and meet good people and see alot of awesome cars VW/Audis or not, i think h2o is one of the better shows due to seeing all different cars cruise the strip it gets old seeing all of the same cars at every show. I am a vw guy at heart and know where i started off but i took my nissan this year due to my 66 beetle not being able to make it. But realistically this show is going to have more non vag cars every year and if you dont go next year no one is going to notice or care.

#42 ·
i remember standing on the sidewalk near the convention center years back and when a non vw/audi vehicle would go by people would start yelling **** and going nuts telling them to gtfo. Now a purple civic or a slammed miata goes by and people are all amazed?:confused:? evos of h2o thread s2000's of h2o thread wtf is going on. i love cars bout theres a time and place. times are changing and we cant do anything about it, every year theres going to be more Paul Walkers showing up in evos etc. and soon its just going to be another stance show...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.