Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: V.A.G show???????

Vehicles
      04 Audi S4 Avant 6MT
      10-06-2012 12:06 AM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by Guywithacar View Post
      Subarus are cool I want a Subaru. but I would never lower my Subaru and then Bring it to a V.A.G
      show. bring ur lowered Subaru to a JDM fest or what ever u call it. And I'll keep my Volkswagen at V.A.G shows. And in all reality I'm fine with the non V.A.G cars but keep them in your own area there were plenty of lots for u guys to use. and I'd rather see segregation with euro JDM and yes let me make this clear I'm fine with some BMWs and Volvos and other euro stuff being with us but when I look out my hotel window and I see a caravan of vws, and then one Honda in the middle it's like a pretty girl with a zit .
      And when I look out my hotel room and see every single car on the strip with a roof rack and BBS wheels, it's like looking at sloth ...

Look, I've owned probably more VWs than years you've been alive, and I respect that you want to keep what is "yours", "yours". But seriously, find something else to complain about. MOST of the non-VAG cars you see in OCMD are former-VW owners themselves that have moved on to different things. Big deal. I bought a Honda and a Subaru because, GASP, my Audi and my GTI just weren't pushing the right buttons for me anymore. I still go to H2Oi with my friends because that's what the weekend is about - having a good time with good people and f*ck what car you drive? Seriously? it's like high school cliques are coming back on this site.

Go to Import Alliance, you see just about every make/model car under the sun from the Japanese to the Koreans to the Germans and the domestics and you know what? People have a good time because they don't have a cactus the size of Texas stuffed up their asses about branding.

Most of the newer converts to VWs are rapid, mouth-breathing brand whores and it's stupid. My GOD ... open your eyes, expand your horizons, and realize that your mk3 jetta is about as fast/powerful/nice/tricked out/whatever as my 1997 Civic ... and I've owned FIVE mk3s over the years ... your 1990s VW isn't any more unique than a Civic and that's the truth. Deal with it.

Vehicles
      Jetta
      10-06-2012 12:07 AM #52
      People only bitch about hondas or miatas but never about lambos or porsches. Whats the dealio!
      Self proclaimed VWVortex Superstar.

Vehicles
      04 Audi S4 Avant 6MT
      10-06-2012 12:15 AM #53
      And FWIW ... My "fun" car has gone from this ...

to, this ...

to, this ...

So, wave when you see a non-VW, stand back, have a good time, and realize there is more to life and the "scene" than what plastic badge is on the front of your car.

Vehicles
      Mk3 jetta Gls
      10-06-2012 12:28 AM #54
      K kool story bro but its not about the scene it's about volkswagens and audis and sticking to them for life you obviously aren't a Vw guy since you know longer own one its cool that you tried them out but now you have abandoned them I'd be fine if u were owning say that 2.5rs and a mk2 Gli but no u own only a Subaru so u no longer are a Vw guy and now I have to figure out why you are still on VWvortex???

Vehicles
      Mk3 jetta Gls
      10-06-2012 12:31 AM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by polishsmile View Post
      People only bitch about hondas or miatas but never about lambos or porsches. Whats the dealio!
      Are you ignorant too Porsche is a Vw Audi owned company and Vw also has a huge amount of stock in lambo

Vehicles
      MK4 GTI VR6(rip)/ Gen2 Camaro Z28/ MK2 Jetta(rip)/S2 Scirocco 16v/S2 Scirocco/D2 S8/ '95 GMC
      10-06-2012 12:31 AM #56
      K kool story bro but its not about the scene it's about volkswagens and audis and sticking to them for life you obviously aren't a Vw guy since you know longer own one its cool that you tried them out but now you have abandoned them I'd be fine if u were owning say that 2.5rs and a mk2 Gli but no u own only a Subaru so u no longer are a Vw guy and now I have to figure out why you are still on VWvortex???
      This is unreadable.

Vehicles
      Mk3 jetta Gls
      10-06-2012 12:37 AM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by 71camaro View Post
      This is unreadable.
      Interwebz lanwabage bra

Vehicles
      98 ginster vrt, 06 yamaha r1
      10-06-2012 12:52 AM #58
      ok let me say this, most of my friends have honda evos and other cars. the del sol or euro slow is a very close friend of mine. in 09 oc was so packed with V.A.G cars, hooters was packed and the convention center as well. along with parking lots all over the place. its not like that any more people always getting arrested and getting kicked out of every where. that never was the case till the past few years. i work on cars every day i like all cars i don't go to honda shows in my vw why because they will burn it down. just like evo sti day. they are not to nice about v.a.g showing up . the reason alot of guys got out of the scene is because of what its become.

And yea maybe we should be happy you like coming to our shows. but why don't you just buy a vw than.
      matts auto main street frankiln nj for all auto repair

BAGS ARE FOR UGLY BITCHES
      MY CAR IS EQUIPPED WITH ACTIVE WEIGHT REDUCTION..
      coolwater member

Vehicles
      Bagged 24v, Static '95 Golf, Stretched and Lowered 2006 ZX6R (636)
      10-06-2012 01:49 AM #59
      Here's my opinion (like anyone cares)

I enjoyed H20, this was my first year, and I had a blast. I loved seeing all of the cars there.
      Seeing some of the M3s, Evos, and Subies racing was pretty insane (and eargasmic haha)

BUT I came there to see VAG cars. I definitely do not mind seeing the non-vag cars but we, the vag owners, get a little pissed when the outcasts show up and "piss in our Cheerios"
      If you guys showed respect for the fact that this weekend is for VW and Audi than everything is all good (like what Dazed and Confused mentioned he did) but instead you act like its one big stance/import show.

Its not. It's called ****ing H20i. As in a water cooled Volkswagen Audi event.
      Just show some respect.

Thanks.

Edit* I'd like to also say that yes, we should all go crash bimmerfest and the east coast Honda meet so they know wtf we're talking about. We would not get welcome, especially the elitist BMW owners.
      Ridiculous. Also, watched StanceWorks video labeled "H20i" and all I saw was footage of them and their beamers. Nothing against them, I like their work but still, they acted like H20 is just a way for them to hang out. They neglected to represent what the event is for. No footage of the show was even included.

Maybe they'll throw another video or coverage article up but for now I'm displeased with the ignorance.

On the other hand, the Canibeat video was 80% vag, 20% non, which I'm cool with.

/rant
      Last edited by GiveEmHell; 10-06-2012 at 01:55 AM.

Vehicles
      MK4 R32, '14 Jeep
      10-06-2012 01:53 AM #60
      You cannot be serious with this utter nonsense

Vehicles
      2015 WRB WRX
      10-06-2012 09:08 AM #61
      I love this bitchfest going on! As mentioned many of us are former VW owners or just enjoy the "scene". Funny how a lot of you say the outcasts should stick to the "import" shows but yet the vws are more then welcome to them as well since there is a class for vw/audis in these shows. Really dont see such a big deal since H20 is still mainly vag.

Vehicles
      Mk3 jetta Gls
      10-06-2012 09:30 AM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by DKGRNVR6 View Post
      I love this bitchfest going on! As mentioned many of us are former VW owners or just enjoy the "scene". Funny how a lot of you say the outcasts should stick to the "import" shows but yet the vws are more then welcome to them as well since there is a class for vw/audis in these shows. Really dont see such a big deal since H20 is still mainly vag.
      No actually were not welcome and u outcasts are becoming more and more each year stay out of our **** and we won't have a problem. And on top of that I must say the ignorant non vag guys keep saying that not many people go down to see only vag stuff well I hate to break it to you but we go drive 6 to 10 hours to go see vws and audis Porsches maybe a lambo or two some bmws and some mercs but not to see **** ass Hondas or **** ass Toyota supras stay the **** out of our show!

I will say this though that seeing a few subarus or evos with a crazy rally setup would be cool but no you guys ruin subarus and evos by putting them on bags its stupid.
      Last edited by Guywithacar; 10-06-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Vehicles
      Mk3 jetta Gls
      10-06-2012 09:32 AM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by aar0n. View Post
      You cannot be serious with this utter nonsense
      Completely serious I'm sorry that my comment leaves you with nothing to say so now you resort to saying that its unreadable or ridiculous.

Vehicles
      04 Evo VIII, E90 335xi
      10-06-2012 09:43 AM #64
      Completely serious I'm sorry that my comment leaves you with nothing to say so now you resort to saying that its unreadable or ridiculous.
      are you 12? You sound like the stereotypical teenager who just bought a piece of $hit mk2/3 and thinks it is the greatest gift on earth, and that you've been in the scene for SOOO long.... Get over yourself. Just because people move onto another platform doesnt mean the roots arent still there.

If you were thinking realistically... say... said VW/Audi costs $3000 for 6 months to own because of repairs, but said NON-Vag costs $500, Why keep the Vag?

I'm speaking from experience, however I still own 2 VW's and my fully built Evo... I Took the Evo this year because many people know how much time ive spent since last h2o getting it to where it is... so if you're on here trying to convince VW owners to ONLY like Vag cars... get bent hipster.

EDIT: And my comment stands. LOL
      Guywithacar
      Vehicles
      Mk3 jetta Gls
      Quote Originally Posted by Village Idiot™ View Post
      When there's a female involved, logic tends to go out the window.

Vehicles
      2015 WRB WRX
      10-06-2012 09:59 AM #65
      No actually were not welcome and u outcasts are becoming more and more each year stay out of our **** and we won't have a problem. And on top of that I must say the ignorant non vag guys keep saying that not many people go down to see only vag stuff well I hate to break it to you but we go drive 6 to 10 hours to go see vws and audis Porsches maybe a lambo or two some bmws and some mercs but not to see **** ass Hondas or **** ass Toyota supras stay the **** out of our show!

I will say this though that seeing a few subarus or evos with a crazy rally setup would be cool but no you guys ruin subarus and evos by putting them on bags its stupid.

LOL OK right, what makes you say you guys arent welcome? I for one know many shows would like to see more of the vw scene come to the shows, Its this elitest attitude majority of the vag scene, Not saying all of them but alot of them ive seen, and youve just proved it by your post. But im done ranting now have a good day.

Vehicles
      Mk3 jetta Gls
      10-06-2012 10:02 AM #66
      K kool big man. I'm just trying to get these punk ass outcasts to see that they drive **** cars and aren't welcome by every Vw guy down there the people who welcome them are there homo hipster friends with a mk4 with airbags and a fixed gear on the roof you shouldn't even comment why should you who owns two vws come on here and say that the outcasts are ok no I'm sorry there not ok and seeing there **** cars makes me sick

Vehicles
      MK4 R32, '14 Jeep
      10-06-2012 11:25 AM #67

Don't use the collective 'we' to as I felt plenty welcome as I have at every H2O I've been to and I know I can say the same for the hundreds of people I personally see every year at H2O

Just out of curiosity, how many have you been to H2O? I ask because I've now been going for the latter part of a decade and have none of the animosity you have towards other cars and still look forward to it as my favorite weekend of the year.

You do not speak for the VW community with your close-minded opinions and the fact that you lump everyone who doesn't drive a VW as nothing but condescending names makes you sound like nothing more than a punk kid yourself

I did a quick search of your threads on Vortex and found this. You can't seriously be sitting behind your keyboard making these absolutely nonsensical rants and expect to be taken seriously when you're asking things like this about your more or less stock MK3

Any thoughts for any additional mods that are relatively cheap.

car: 97 jetta Gls

Existing mods:
      Light weight fly wheel
      Lowering coils
      Cam and matching chip
      Catback Exhaust
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/newreply....ply&p=76607454
      Last edited by aar0n.; 10-06-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Vehicles
      2015 WRB WRX
      10-06-2012 12:10 PM #68
      K kool big man. I'm just trying to get these punk ass outcasts to see that they drive **** cars and aren't welcome by every Vw guy down there the people who welcome them are there homo hipster friends with a mk4 with airbags and a fixed gear on the roof you shouldn't even comment why should you who owns two vws come on here and say that the outcasts are ok no I'm sorry there not ok and seeing there **** cars makes me sick
      right **** cars, says the guy with a 2.0 mk3

Vehicles
      MK4 GTI VR6(rip)/ Gen2 Camaro Z28/ MK2 Jetta(rip)/S2 Scirocco 16v/S2 Scirocco/D2 S8/ '95 GMC
      10-06-2012 12:19 PM #69
      You drive a mk3, you drive a **** car

I have two mk1s, I welcome other cars and am far from a hipster, and I've never even ridden a fixed-gear

20. Member
      Vehicles
      A4 B5 V6
      10-06-2012 01:00 PM #70
      The SHOW is one day and had no non vag cars in it. END THREAD

21. Member
      Vehicles
      3.6 4mo, 9k Aero
      10-06-2012 01:25 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbo3 View Post
      The SHOW is one day and had no non vag cars in it. END THREAD
      It didn't? Damn....strange looking VWAUDIPORSCHE Miata that i parked 2 cars down from in the show area.

This thread and argument is stupid. It shows up after every major show because elitism. Rabble rabble rabble VAG ONLY rabble rabble rabble. Its just silly. I agree the show area should be at least EURO only. Wanting to stand at the bridges of OC to turn around anyone who is there for h2o, but also not in a 'vag only' car it almost as ridiculous as this thread.

Edit: Just to be clear, I know the miata was probably parked with club parking. This was my 5th h2o. I didn't mind it there. Actually spent some time checking it out. My point is, don't be such an elitist. There are nice cars in the world that don't have a VW badge on it.
      Last edited by bgsapc; 10-06-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Vehicles
      Mk3 jetta Gls
      10-06-2012 01:36 PM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by bgsapc View Post
      It didn't? Damn....strange looking VWAUDIPORSCHE Miata that i parked 2 cars down from in the show area.

This thread and argument is stupid. It shows up after every major show because elitism. Rabble rabble rabble VAG ONLY rabble rabble rabble. Its just silly. I agree the show area should be at least EURO only. Wanting to stand at the bridges of OC to turn around anyone who is there for h2o, but also not in a 'vag only' car it almost as ridiculous as this thread.
      I'm totally up for turning away non vag cars.

Vehicles
      10-06-2012 01:43 PM #73
      Please post pics of your car. You hate clean, well-done non-VWs, let's see your awesome 2.0 mk3...

24. Member
      Vehicles
      3.6 4mo, 9k Aero
      10-06-2012 01:43 PM #74
      And thats exactly why no one cares what you think. I mean, maybe one day you'll do something for yourself for a change, start your own event with your own rules, and then sit in a lonely empty parking lot hoping some one agrees with you. But until then, suck it up and deal with whats happening right now at these events or who knows....stay home? Its as simple as that.

Vehicles
      Mk3 jetta Gls
      10-06-2012 01:47 PM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by bgsapc View Post
      And thats exactly why no one cares what you think. I mean, maybe one day you'll do something for yourself for a change, start your own event with your own rules, and then sit in a lonely empty parking lot hoping some one agrees with you. But until then, suck it up and deal with whats happening right now at these events or who knows....stay home? Its as simple as that.
      Stay home **** that haha we obviously need as many vag cars at this event as possible to keep it from becoming ****ing JDM racewarz. Lol

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast