Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: V.A.G show???????

1. Member
      Vehicles
      3.6 4mo, 9k Aero
      10-06-2012 01:25 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbo3 View Post
      The SHOW is one day and had no non vag cars in it. END THREAD
      It didn't? Damn....strange looking VWAUDIPORSCHE Miata that i parked 2 cars down from in the show area.

This thread and argument is stupid. It shows up after every major show because elitism. Rabble rabble rabble VAG ONLY rabble rabble rabble. Its just silly. I agree the show area should be at least EURO only. Wanting to stand at the bridges of OC to turn around anyone who is there for h2o, but also not in a 'vag only' car it almost as ridiculous as this thread.

Edit: Just to be clear, I know the miata was probably parked with club parking. This was my 5th h2o. I didn't mind it there. Actually spent some time checking it out. My point is, don't be such an elitist. There are nice cars in the world that don't have a VW badge on it.
      Last edited by bgsapc; 10-06-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Vehicles
      Mk3 jetta Gls
      10-06-2012 01:36 PM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by bgsapc View Post
      It didn't? Damn....strange looking VWAUDIPORSCHE Miata that i parked 2 cars down from in the show area.

This thread and argument is stupid. It shows up after every major show because elitism. Rabble rabble rabble VAG ONLY rabble rabble rabble. Its just silly. I agree the show area should be at least EURO only. Wanting to stand at the bridges of OC to turn around anyone who is there for h2o, but also not in a 'vag only' car it almost as ridiculous as this thread.
      I'm totally up for turning away non vag cars.

Vehicles
      MK4 GTI VR6(rip)/ Gen2 Camaro Z28/ MK2 Jetta(rip)/S2 Scirocco 16v/S2 Scirocco/D2 S8/ '95 GMC
      10-06-2012 01:43 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by Guywithacar View Post
      Please post pics of your car. You hate clean, well-done non-VWs, let's see your awesome 2.0 mk3...

4. Member
      Vehicles
      3.6 4mo, 9k Aero
      10-06-2012 01:43 PM #74
      And thats exactly why no one cares what you think. I mean, maybe one day you'll do something for yourself for a change, start your own event with your own rules, and then sit in a lonely empty parking lot hoping some one agrees with you. But until then, suck it up and deal with whats happening right now at these events or who knows....stay home? Its as simple as that.

Vehicles
      Mk3 jetta Gls
      10-06-2012 01:47 PM #75
      And thats exactly why no one cares what you think. I mean, maybe one day you'll do something for yourself for a change, start your own event with your own rules, and then sit in a lonely empty parking lot hoping some one agrees with you. But until then, suck it up and deal with whats happening right now at these events or who knows....stay home? Its as simple as that.
      Stay home **** that haha we obviously need as many vag cars at this event as possible to keep it from becoming ****ing JDM racewarz. Lol

6. Member
      Vehicles
      3.6 4mo, 9k Aero
      10-06-2012 01:49 PM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by 71camaro View Post
      Please post pics of your car. You hate clean, well-done non-VWs, let's see your awesome 2.0 mk3...
      I don't know you, but it seems from my lurking these threads that you had something to do with organizing h2o this year (and years past). I just want to say THANK YOU to you for all the hard work that everyone who had anything to do with the show did. It was my 5th year, and by far my favorite. I think its only getting better. Sure there are outcasts roaming around h2o (my other car is one). The level of detail and quality of craftsmanship into these 'outcasts' is something few Mk3 2.0 drivers are willing to put in.

So in that respect, anyone reading this who had anything to do with organizing h2o..Thank You.

Vehicles
      MK4 GTI VR6(rip)/ Gen2 Camaro Z28/ MK2 Jetta(rip)/S2 Scirocco 16v/S2 Scirocco/D2 S8/ '95 GMC
      10-06-2012 01:50 PM #77
      Stay home **** that haha we obviously need as many vag cars at this event as possible to keep it from becoming ****ing JDM racewarz. Lol
      You act like it's a competition or battle that must be won. I hate to tell you...

8. Member
      Vehicles
      3.6 4mo, 9k Aero
      10-06-2012 01:52 PM #78

Obvious troll is obvious. But I know there are people out there who are against outcast and how h2o went down, thats the only reason I'm bothering to address you at all.

But yeah, srsly. Stay home. This year was amazing. Turning cars away is not what we should be about.

Vehicles
      Mk3 jetta Gls
      10-06-2012 01:53 PM #79
      You act like it's a competition or battle that must be won. I hate to tell you...
      Witt the amount of JDM guys down there that had shirts that said **** Volkswagen yeah that's where a battle starts especially when u show up wearing those shirts at H20i a Audi Volkswagen event.
      Not a Honda Toyota Prius event

10. Member
      Vehicles
      A4 B5 V6
      10-06-2012 01:57 PM #80
      Stop, just stop. Your really looking real stupid at this point. The weekend was 10-1. If you don't understand that let me break it down (lol). for every 10 vag cars there was 1 non vag car.

Vehicles
      10-06-2012 01:58 PM #81
      I don't know you, but it seems from my lurking these threads that you had something to do with organizing h2o this year (and years past). I just want to say THANK YOU to you for all the hard work that everyone who had anything to do with the show did. It was my 5th year, and by far my favorite. I think its only getting better. Sure there are outcasts roaming around h2o (my other car is one). The level of detail and quality of craftsmanship into these 'outcasts' is something few Mk3 2.0 drivers are willing to put in.

So in that respect, anyone reading this who had anything to do with organizing h2o..Thank You.
      I didn't really have anything to do with it. Last year, when it appeared the show was done, I worked to ensure we had an event. Thank God Jay came through though. This year I was in contact with Jay some and hope to continue being some sort of help in the future.

My thing is I want to see the best of what the event can be. That means working in the community and on here to try to fix perceptions. To try to stop the horrible behavior of some. The thanks goes to Cory, and Jay, and the others who all volunteer to work on the show.

I get that Guywithacar is young, but he's got to grow up and see life for what it is. We aren't in a war with JDM owners. They appreciate the cars and the weekend and come. There's times I wish there were more VAG and less JDM vehicles, but I realize that won't happen, and I can appreciate the non-VAG vehicles as well.

The fact he's disrespecting me, or Aar0n, or any of the others that have been around a little while is disheartening. I'm not saying he should listen to us or anything, but once people have been around for a while and see how stuff works, it's worth while to listen to what they have to say and to realize they probably have a better insight given the experience they have. We might be wrong, we might be right, but at least understand our viewpoint. And I understand his, opinion, but it's very short-sighted and doesn't take fact into account.

Vehicles
      10-06-2012 01:59 PM #82
      Witt the amount of JDM guys down there that had shirts that said **** Volkswagen yeah that's where a battle starts especially when u show up wearing those shirts at H20i a Audi Volkswagen event.
      Reality, you don't see it. I'm still waiting for pics of your mighty mk3...

Vehicles
      MK4 R32, '14 Jeep
      10-06-2012 02:46 PM #83

I never saw a single 'F VWs' shirt or anything like that all weekend and didn't encounter a single person in a car (VW, Euro, or other) show anything but respect and throwing up thumbs up anywhere along the strip. Sure there were idiots with signs for boobs or yelling to do burnouts, but generally speaking, that was few and far between, so maybe it's something about how YOU were acting in OC that caused all the problems you keep talking about?

The only somewhat annoying encounter I had was Saturday night in the Taphouse lot when some locals in the back of a pickup truck (wooo Maryland) were yelling at me and my female friend because she was driving her GTI and I was sitting shotgun after having stumbled back from Seacrets, but that could happen anywhere
      Flickr™
      DubCult.

Vehicles
      2004.5 GLI
      10-06-2012 03:02 PM #84
      This thread makes me want to end my life.
      Add me on FB and follow me on Instagram! | #TPG | #FLOSSfilthy | #V2LAB |

Always looking for cars in the NC/VA area for feature shoots! PM me!

Vehicles
      MK4 R32, '14 Jeep
      10-06-2012 03:11 PM #85
      Quote Originally Posted by pentaxshooter View Post
      This thread makes me want to end my life.
      Idk why I keep coming back to this. It's like a car crash you have to stare at
      Flickr™
      DubCult.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      1966 Ragtop, 1989 s13 driftcar 1912 Willys 6 speed quattro manual, 07 GT3, 09 LP640, S54 swapped R1
      10-06-2012 04:51 PM #86
      LOL guarantee half the people who commented in this thread hating on non VAG cars are just VAG Fanboys, so go kill yourself would love to see what half of you drive prob rusted busted and cant be trusted mk3s and Aaron i feel you on that.
      I spooned eastcoaststeeze in dannybarones bed

17. Member
      Vehicles
      Mk3 GTI vr6; Mk3 Jetta; Mk4 vrt; Subaru legacy wagon
      10-06-2012 05:38 PM #87
      Seeing other stanced cars makes it 100000% better
      Quote Originally Posted by Semper_Fi View Post
      steep, ok lemme give it away for free... wanna screw my wife too?

Vehicles
      98 ginster vrt, 06 yamaha r1
      10-06-2012 06:10 PM #88
      i have a rusted mk3 that was one of the first vr6 turbos around.
      i drove that thing every where many trips to oc
      and as for racewarz i honestly would have loved to go to one of there events. i remember going to my first nopi show in 98 was an awsome show. all kinds of cars

pretty much what i am getting at is yes they come to see the vws but 8 out of ten of them are jerk off young punk kid.

i did not make this to be a dick or bash any one i was just stating how i feel about it. like i said before we get frowned on going to honda day or any other show but yet its cool for them to go to our event??? but hey its life just wanted to see how others felt about it.

and as for rusted busted mk3s why say that because we dont have stance sorry i like to drive my car not have to slow down ever ten feet for a bump. my car is was a pos but it was fast

EVERY ONE IS OUT TO DO THE SAME THING IF THEY ARE INTO CARS SO WHY MAKE FUN OF OTHERS CARS . A
      matts auto main street frankiln nj for all auto repair

BAGS ARE FOR UGLY BITCHES
      MY CAR IS EQUIPPED WITH ACTIVE WEIGHT REDUCTION..
      coolwater member

19. Member
      Vehicles
      1966 Ragtop, 1989 s13 driftcar 1912 Willys 6 speed quattro manual, 07 GT3, 09 LP640, S54 swapped R1
      10-06-2012 07:25 PM #89
      Quote Originally Posted by passatvr607 View Post
      i have a rusted mk3 that was one of the first vr6 turbos around.
      i drove that thing every where many trips to oc
      and as for racewarz i honestly would have loved to go to one of there events. i remember going to my first nopi show in 98 was an awsome show. all kinds of cars

pretty much what i am getting at is yes they come to see the vws but 8 out of ten of them are jerk off young punk kid.

i did not make this to be a dick or bash any one i was just stating how i feel about it. like i said before we get frowned on going to honda day or any other show but yet its cool for them to go to our event??? but hey its life just wanted to see how others felt about it.

and as for rusted busted mk3s why say that because we dont have stance sorry i like to drive my car not have to slow down ever ten feet for a bump. my car is was a pos but it was fast

EVERY ONE IS OUT TO DO THE SAME THING IF THEY ARE INTO CARS SO WHY MAKE FUN OF OTHERS CARS . A
      Dont get racelands and you can drive around turns going fast. im almost tucking rim and drive the **** out of my car and still have "stance" good coils proper spring rates etc = no body roll aka my wheel stays where it is on the ground or in the air, even if i hit a bump wheel doesnt touch and if i slide my car still doesnt hit with what they call "stance"

20. Member
      Vehicles
      A4 B5 V6
      10-06-2012 08:51 PM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by On The Grind View Post
      LOL guarantee half the people who commented in this thread hating on non VAG cars are just VAG Fanboys, so go kill yourself would love to see what half of you drive prob rusted busted and cant be trusted mk3s and Aaron i feel you on that.
      I own a mustang too.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      10-06-2012 09:16 PM #91
      Dont get racelands and you can drive around turns going fast. im almost tucking rim and drive the **** out of my car and still have "stance" good coils proper spring rates etc = no body roll aka my wheel stays where it is on the ground or in the air, even if i hit a bump wheel doesnt touch and if i slide my car still doesnt hit with what they call "stance"
      Funny, my daily is autocrossed on Racelands.
      //COOLWATERmotorsport
      |F0TZ3 HA5E| - The Project
      VWVolkshaus: Haus des Verrückten

10-08-2012 08:08 PM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by seadoo2006 View Post
      And when I look out my hotel room and see every single car on the strip with a roof rack and BBS wheels, it's like looking at sloth ...

same reason i hate h2o.

although i can't wait to go next year.

Vehicles
      87 Cabby, 01 Jetta 2.0
      10-08-2012 08:21 PM #93
      I'd rather see some variety rather than 3 out of 4 cars being a mk5 gti tbh........

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      10-08-2012 10:23 PM #94
      Quote Originally Posted by Sean A View Post
      I'd rather see some variety rather than 3 out of 4 cars being a mk5 gti tbh........
      So you go to a VW show in hopes to see non-VW's?

"Hey, want to go see some boobies?"
      "Yeah!"
      "Lets go to the strip club."
      "Sweet! Hopefully more **** will be there than last time."

That's how you sound. :p
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

25. Semi-n00b
      10-08-2012 10:30 PM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by ScrapedCrusader View Post
      LOL, WALK 50 blocks?

Half of the replies here..."I'm not against non VAG....." Ya, you are, just say it.

When one says "I'm not racist but..." Naw, they usually are racist. Just say so.

"camry with a drop and rotiforms".....cause a Mk4 on rotiforms is different?

Is everyone here from Dubsquad? Non-VAG car owners come to YOUR event and spend money so that this event can continue. If non-VAG cars were allowed into the show I can see people up in arms. But we're talking about banning cars from entering an entire city? ****in blow me. I'm sorry your busted ass mk3 went unloved. "I'm not against Mk3s but...." (speaking in generalities here, i don't know what car you own)

If the VW scene wasn't made up douches, you guys might be able to retain a few fans and raise your VAG contingent for next year. Get VAG numbers to go up, down push away people who already pay to attend

(I own a Subaru.....flame suit on)
      I agree with scraped crusader, I live 20min from OC and I am in OC alot. First it is a resort town that has people down there most of the year instead on the few summer months like in the past. There are vacationers and residents that still drive to shops and use parking lots like 45th St, 94th, etc. You can't come in and "take over" a public city and force your will on people in places that are open to the public. If the VAG guys want a private place, you guys need to pay a farmer for a private field, and pull a Woodstock. BTW come on down to the OC car and truck show, we'd love to have you guys. I think car shows are better when there is a variety, Muscle, Euros, Japanses, HR, Truck, and Bikes, Mercs, VW, etc. BTW I take my RS4 to Bimmerfest and MPACT, and get a warm reception everytime. There were exotics, like R8s and MP4-12s in the main show, on display. You guys are starting to show prejudice, like the HRs did to euros, or the Harley riders did to the sportbikes. Move forward, not backward.

Vehicles
      87 Cabby, 01 Jetta 2.0
      10-09-2012 12:35 PM #96
      Quote Originally Posted by nemo1ner View Post
      So you go to a VW show in hopes to see non-VW's?

"Hey, want to go see some boobies?"
      "Yeah!"
      "Lets go to the strip club."
      "Sweet! Hopefully more **** will be there than last time."

That's how you sound. :p
      No i went to the vw show to look at a mk5 gti with bbs wheels 500 times.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      10-09-2012 12:50 PM #97
      Quote Originally Posted by Sean A View Post
      No i went to the vw show to look at a mk5 gti with bbs wheels 500 times.
      MK5's are the new MK4's. That's just how it is. There was a time when people were sick of looking at MK3's going up and down the strip. Once MK6's drop into the low thousands, you will begin seeing lots of them too.
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

28. 10-09-2012 01:18 PM #98
      People make fun of my mini when i go... i will never stop going

Vehicles
      8v
      10-09-2012 01:34 PM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by DKGRNVR6 View Post
      right **** cars, says the guy with a 2.0 mk3
      You drive a mk3, you drive a **** car
      I have a cammed MKIII two liter. It's a cool, fun, NICE car. In my opinion, of course.
      VWfiends

Vehicles
      04 Audi S4 Avant 6MT
      10-09-2012 01:40 PM #100
      Quote Originally Posted by zrace07 View Post
      I have a cammed MKIII two liter. It's a cool, fun, NICE car. In my opinion, of course.
      A cammed MK3 2.0 is a marginally faster 2.slow ... let's not kid yourself ... you're still barely putting 100hp to the wheels ...

Vehicles
      87 Cabby, 01 Jetta 2.0
      10-09-2012 01:59 PM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by Bigprfed22 View Post
      People make fun of my mini when i go... i will never stop going
      This is just stupid people making fun of you. Set aside the fact that its an awesome little car, doesnt bmw own them? Or are we supposed to have a problem with bmw aswell lol.

I realize what your saying about mk4s and 5s etc i'm just saying I enjoyed the variety even if it was a vw show.
      Last edited by Sean A; 10-09-2012 at 02:22 PM.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      10-09-2012 02:28 PM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by seadoo2006 View Post
      A cammed MK3 2.0 is a marginally faster 2.slow ... let's not kid yourself ... you're still barely putting 100hp to the wheels ...
      Let's not kid ourselves. How many of these bagged/stanced cars use even half of the engine's power? They might as well be 100hp.
      //COOLWATERmotorsport

33. Member
      Vehicles
      10-09-2012 07:59 PM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by nemo1ner View Post
      Funny, my daily is autocrossed on Racelands.
      And im sure you just kill it on the track

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      10-09-2012 08:25 PM #104
      And im sure you just kill it on the track
      I'm not too bad. Still lots of room for improvement.

//COOLWATERmotorsport

Vehicles
      The Standard of the World | Das Auto | Feed Your Restless
      10-09-2012 10:03 PM #105
      I say Euro only, but good luck enforcing that.
      Semper Fi | USMC '06-'14 | 0311 | 0331| 0933
      Aonarch's Blog!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
      Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast