Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2003 Audi A4Q 1.8t Just bought!!

1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2003 Audi A4Q 1.8t
      10-05-2012 12:05 AM #1
      Just bought an Audi A4, real cheap but the guy had it in his garage for 2 years without even starting it up. Couple of things to start off, got a couple of misfires, the wiper linkage is seized and i need new tires..lol Safe to say it'll be nice to work on this car. I have a question tho, do i need to buy brake pads with the wear sensor cause i've seen some without it?

Vehicles
      02_ A4 1.8T
      10-05-2012 08:12 PM #2
      Misfire- what code is it spitting out? Mine did that when i got mine. Repkaced sparks plugs and went away.
      Could be coils also.

I get my stuff off esctuning.com good prices aoo around

Brakes- all pads come with the sensors. If your car doesnt have them then cut them off. I highly doubt yours doesnt have them. But i could be wrong.

How many miles? If over 75k youll need to do timing belt.

I bought mine off esctuning but belt was garbage so i went with a blue gates from oriellys.

Did mine myself. There are detailed DIYs online. It only takes about 4 hours and will save you 700-800

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2003 Audi A4Q 1.8t
      10-06-2012 08:56 PM #3
      Yea i just bought new ignition coil pack with the spark plugs from ecstuning.com will be doing them this sunday. Also bought the pads from there will be doing an entire brake job for this car pads and rotors..lol Thanks for the feedback. Oh actually quick question, do i have to bleed the brakes or can i just compress the piston and put new pads without even having to bleed them?

Vehicles
      04_A4_1.8TQ_APR_K04+, 08_X5_4.8i; Previous: 01_A4_1.8_TQ, 01_Golf, 01_Jetta, 93_Passat_VR6_+_Garrett
      10-07-2012 08:28 AM #4
      per your compress the calipers question:

first, check the break fluid level in the reservoir container. I like to open the container and therefore allowing me the easier way to retract the calipers. Remember that is the pads are worn all the way down and break fluid is at maximum, once you start retracting the calipers you will overflow the break fluid out of the container.

with the front and back calipers make sure to turn them in. You will notice two notches on the calipers. There is a special tool to retract the calipers but you can always use needle nose or something similar and turn the calipers back down and all the way in.

Good Luck.